Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89]   Go Down

Author Topic: graphics extender  (Read 151742 times)

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
Re: graphics extender
« Reply #1056 on: November 18, 2020, 05:37:29 AM »

Hi slibenli i see there have been no updates for 2 months? Have you finished with GE now? If so great work its transformed IL2

Not finished, but currently no time to work on it.

Hello,

Your main download link is broken!

It also seems that past a certain point, none of the builds are able to be downloaded:

I would very much like to get the latest version! Is there something wrong, or am I just missing something?

Thanks

Apparently GitLab changed the defaults to delete builds after a certain time.

The link works again now.

PA_Willy

« Reply #1057 on: November 18, 2020, 06:41:19 AM »

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #1058 on: November 25, 2020, 04:16:29 AM »

Drivers are current, Im am also using BAT 4.1.
Has Steam done any auto updates?
I would move the whole game out of steam apps and out of any Windows Program folders.
Just create a new folder on your hard drive and if you use a shortcut make a new one of course.

Drewm3i

« Reply #1059 on: November 28, 2020, 09:28:51 PM »

I am posting this for anyone who can't figure out how to get rid of water artifacts...I am running BAT 4.0 and despite setting water=0 in the conf.ini and manually installing Carmaster's water mod via JSGME, the artifacts wouldn't go away until I found post #228 on page 20 of the original WIP thread by Spongebob in which he activated Carmaster's water mod with the following:

"If anyone is interested, I've built a little JSGME mod to easily activate-deactivate Carsmaster water. Just created a folder in BATMODS called 'BAT Carsmaster Water for Graphic Extender', and made four subfolders (#DOF3, #JTW3, #TGA3 and #WAW3). In each of these subfolders, I made a 'MAPMODS' folder. Extracted Carsmaster's water into a safe place and copy the 'Maps' folder included there into every MAPMODS folder that I had previously created."

The game looks fabulous now as the water is as it was before and the graphic extender absolutely transforms IL-2 1946 into something much more modern and beautiful. These shaders are the future of IL-2!

Dragunoff

« Reply #1060 on: December 17, 2020, 03:10:48 AM »

Thank you very much Drewm3i , just tried it and works very well !!!!!  :)

Rostic

« Reply #1061 on: January 03, 2021, 06:41:31 AM »

Hi, slibenli! Thanks for your work with this great MOD!
I see not much news in this topic and what a wonder it was when I downloaded one of the latest builds and found out that rendering of the ground in map border sectors now fixed (previously I saw trees, roads and buildings over the water instead of ground).
It will be great if you post changelog here from time to time ;)

Also I very like how clouds looking now:

eddyp

• Skinner
« Reply #1062 on: January 08, 2021, 06:34:23 PM »

This is an old thread so I am having to dig through pages to try an find the solution to my issue, which is this. (I'm not a highly experienced modder but I've got the jist of it)
I have the graphics extender installed and is working fine, it is on OpenGL running on the perfect landscape setting however (I dont know if they are related or not) the water is updated which is good but it has this obvious bright blue wave effect which is spoiling the rest of the mod.

And when out of the game long enough it does this sped up animation to catch up to normal

Anyway, I thought I could cover it up by getting Carsmasters' water mod but that doesn't seem to have an effect.
I'd love to have the great water mod combined with the graphics extender but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have seen the blue water blob issue on here but despite following the instructions, it was to no avail. My limited knowledge doesn't help but oh well. Thanks

Rostic

« Reply #1063 on: January 09, 2021, 04:30:53 AM »

Hi, eddyp. I had this problem a lot of time ago, but can't remember what I did to solve it.

Try to install Carmasters mod and set "Water=4" in [Render_OpenGL] section in "conf.ini" file.
Also I recommend to set "DynamicalLights=0" and "Effects=0" there too.

Look at this:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61653.msg691532.html#msg691532
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,58926.msg656893.html#msg656893

Could you also write what version of game are you using. Is it one of MOD packs or stock version of the game?
I have this mod installed only on "HSFX 7" and "VP modpack".

This is the version of Carmasters MOD I'm using (CarsmasterWater-512 v.0 02(3.17)).

For VPmodpack or stock game:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BWg3mna_UFK1p4ORDo8dJnAsnNFSPSvr/view?usp=sharing
Extract folder: "Maps" from "CarsmasterWater-512 v.0 02(3.17).rar\CarsmasterWater-512 v.0 02(3.17)" to the "#SAS" in the root of game folder.

For HSFX use this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UBjd7tyoTX07HmrcW4xm_bKTXzCQJwTp/view?usp=sharing
From archive "CarsmasterWater-512 v.0 02(3.17)_HSFX_JSGME.7z" extract folder "CarsmasterWater-512 v.0 02(3.17)" to the "jsgmemods" folder in the root of game folder.

Probably you do not know about cirrus clouds feature in GE mod. So additionally you can donwload next archive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/107ksCcprvNQhBT3Qwb7gIwe_6mpTreI6/view?usp=sharing
Just extract content of "il2ge_random_cirrus_textures.zip" to the game root folder.
This will work in next way: "IL2GE will now look if the folder "il2ge_random_cirrus_textures" in your IL-2 folder exist and randomly pick one of the textures inside it.
A new random texture is picked each time a map is loaded."

Also this is content of my il2ge.ini file. You should play with options in this file:
Code: [Select]
# enable graphics extender
EnableGE=on

# disabling this gives higher fps but looks bad
EnableObjectShaders=on

# enable terrain bumpmapping
EnableBumpH=on

# cirrus clouds - experimental
EnableCirrusClouds=on

# enable shader for transparent objects - experimental
EnableTransparentShader=on

# experimental
RealisticShadowColor=on

# atmospheric light scattering shader
#
# choices:
#
#     Default:
#         the original shader
#
#     Precomputed:
#         (experimental)
#         precomputed light scattering
#
Atmosphere=Precomputed

[Atmosphere.Precomputed]

# more accurate colors
AccurateLuminance=on

# possible values are between 0.0 and 1.0
Haziness=1.0

# no description
SingleMieScatteringHorizonHack=off

All this is not "official" guide. This is only the steps I did to got GE working for me.

eddyp

• Skinner
« Reply #1064 on: January 09, 2021, 11:10:26 AM »

Answering your question, I am currently using IL-2 1946 patch v5.00 B.A.T v4.1

eddyp

• Skinner
« Reply #1065 on: January 09, 2021, 11:44:40 AM »

UPDATE: I got the mod working turns out *facepalm* I had to enable it in the jsgme.exe. However, the info you gave me did make my game look better in different departments.

Now the mod is settled, I would like to know how to get full 3d with foam as an optional extra

Like this

Rostic

« Reply #1066 on: January 09, 2021, 01:29:23 PM »

Now the mod is settled, I would like to know how to get full 3d with foam as an optional extra

Like this

Not implemented in this MOD.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 23 queries.