Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Various bugs  (Read 1319 times)

enry711

Various bugs
« on: May 27, 2018, 06:08:50 AM »

Hi all, i started playing B.A.T. some months ago and i collected a series of bugs that i have met during this time: (i have the BAT v.3.3 PATHFINDER and Il-2 1946 4.12.2)

IAI Nesher: bug when landing, the plane teleports and it's inevitable to crash
IAI Dagger: same as previous
IAI Kfir-C2: same as previous
IAI Nesher: when crashed at low speeds the plane plants itself on the ground while the debris fly away
CH-54 Choctaw:no sound, unstable and teleports almost at every speed (50 to 200 km/h)
AH-64 Apache: no sound and no control for the rocket pods
AH-1 Super Cobra: no control of the rocket pods
Mi-28: no sound
B-52D: wrong cockpit and immune to crashes (the plane doesn't explode when crashing)
B-52F: same as previous
F-104 versions: wrong cockpit
F-102: wrong cockpit
An-2: cockpit and gunner bug
OV-10/OV-1: texture problem
MiG-25R: texture problem
U-2A: wrong texture
Tu-16s: texture problem
3MD Bison: texture problem

If its useful i will report new bugs/glitches soon.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
Re: Various bugs
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 06:12:02 AM »

Can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / what do you mean by "wrong cockpit"? + can't confirm / what do you mean by "wrong cockpit"? + can't confirm / what do you mean by "wrong cockpit"? / what do you mean by "wrong cockpit"? / please be more specific / please be more specific / please be more specific / please be more specific / please be more specific

]cheers[
Mike
People love using Strategy as a disguise for Non-Action.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

enry711

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 06:52:54 AM »

Can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / can't confirm / what do you mean by "wrong cockpit"? + can't confirm / what do you mean by "wrong cockpit"? + can't confirm / what do you mean by "wrong cockpit"? / what do you mean by "wrong cockpit"? / please be more specific / please be more specific / please be more specific / please be more specific / please be more specific

]cheers[
Mike

With wrong cockpit i mean that the B-52 has the placeholder cockpit of the F-84 or that the F-104 has the cockpit of the F-86 when they are very different (i hope that in the next update they will do the real F-104 cockpit like the A-4 Skyhawk).

With texture problem i mean that if i rotate in external view around the OV-10 Bronco, for example, i see the external textures of the fuselage or the wings disappear (it's not a problem of FoV because other planes work perfectly).

In the U-2A i wrote "wrong texture" because the nose and other parts of the plane ar very different to the real one. I know that it's not easy at all to do a modded plane but i don't understand why the U-2 is in this conditions when the MiG-21s or the F-86s, for example, have fantastic external accuracy.

In the An-2 i met one of the most bizarre bug i've ever seen. The cockpit is ok (taken by the Ju-52) but it's placed literally inside the front engine. I can't see nothing because of that. Another bug is that the An-2 has somehow a gunner position (like the Ju-52) inside the fuselage when the real one didn't have any. I have the pilot position (inside an engine) and somehow a gunner (inside the fuselage).
For the Nesher & co. i can confirm the bug. I tried multiple times to land but it's impossible thanks to this bug.
I don't understand why i don't have the sound on some helicopters because i had the Mi-24 working perfectly and now i don't know why i can't hear the engine.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 07:14:38 AM »

With wrong cockpit i mean that the B-52 has the placeholder cockpit of the F-84 or that the F-104 has the cockpit of the F-86 when they are very different (i hope that in the next update they will do the real F-104 cockpit like the A-4 Skyhawk).

Hi.

From what knowledge base are you talking like "A-4 Skyhawk in IL-2 1946 has real cockpit" ?
I don't know it.

In my memory, any variants or versions (different born A-4 mods are existing in 1946 world) don't have historical Skyhawk cockpit.
They borrow F-86 mod or stock YP-80 's cockpit.
About B.A.T. v3.3 Pathfinder's A-4M ..... It uses stock YP-80 's cockpit ..... not real , far from historical.

Though I have a plan to build A-4 cockpits with historical difference like only A-4M has HUD ....... I cannot know how long years I have to pay for it ...... 2 years ? or 3 years ?
If they have already had real cockpit as you say , I don't need to spend my time so.

enry711

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 07:35:26 AM »

I have a different cockpit in the A-4 Skyhawk series, it's not the F-86 cockpit.
I wanted to post a photo but the forum is telling me that i can't.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 08:22:43 AM »

About B.A.T. v3.3 Pathfinder's A-4M ..... It uses stock YP-80 's cockpit ..... not real , far from historical.

I have a different cockpit in the A-4 Skyhawk series, it's not the F-86 cockpit.
I wanted to post a photo but the forum is telling me that i can't.

Have you read my post ?

I think I indicated it most clearly in my last post.
Now I add strong bold on quoted my text ..... again ..... "B.A.T. v3.3 Pathfinder's A-4M ..... It uses stock YP-80 's cockpit".

Do you fly stock game's YP-80 US prototype Jet fighter and compare its cockpit to Skyhawk mod's ?

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 09:23:13 AM »

mmmmh, das a nice post. Welcome to BAT.

Storebror already answered most of the questions, thanks a lot Mate:)
Some of them I think I can answer too.
Also, a general hint is, to look around the Tech help section for fixes already posted.....

AH-64 Apache: no sound and no control for the rocket pods
AH-1 Super Cobra: no control of the rocket pods
> known issue, Fix has been made available: 
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0nj3bg553e4osml/JTW_quickfix_AH_v2.zip

Mi-28: no sound
> you mean Mi-24. Known and fix is available:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/alszvaoz8tz0ho5/Hind+FM.rar

OV-10/OV-1: texture problem
MiG-25R: texture problem
U-2A: wrong texture
Tu-16s: texture problem
3MD Bison: texture problem
> Sure. All of these are "Frankenplanes" with no original 3do, just slamjobs to "look the part". They are what they are.

stellarmagic

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 09:09:29 PM »

Anyone else have problems with the T-28? The tank doesn't move for me, only spawns in one tank even if it's a company, and has some weird visual glitches where it looks like the alpha channel for the sides of the tank doesn't work or something.

enry711

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 12:35:50 PM »

Do you fly stock game's YP-80 US prototype Jet fighter and compare its cockpit to Skyhawk mod's ?

I don't have neither the F-86 cockpit or the YP-80 cockpit in the A-4s (i know the YP-80 and i know how its cockpit is made), i imagine is his cockpit, otherwise i don't know from where they took it.

enry711

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 12:41:50 PM »

mmmmh, das a nice post. Welcome to BAT.

Ah ok thank you for the texture explanation. I was thinking about a strange problem with my graphics.  :) :)
I dowloaded both fixes but where do i need to put them? A specific directory?

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 01:55:02 PM »

#JTW3

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 02:01:13 PM »

I don't have neither the F-86 cockpit or the YP-80 cockpit in the A-4s (i know the YP-80 and i know how its cockpit is made), i imagine is his cockpit, otherwise i don't know from where they took it.

Cockpits in BAT v3.3

Official flight manual

Real A-4 Skyhawks' cockpits found by Google image search

Even A-4 Skyhawks' cockpit in BAT v3.3 is NOT completely equal to stock game YP-80 cockpit ......... its Essential instruments / gauges are never changed, its retouch points are a little things. Almost same and almost not nearing its REAL cockpit.
In my eyes, edited points found are ....
- Canopy and Shield frame 3d shape.
- Interior texture color from green to black.
- Add rear view mirrors and a clock, a backup compass.
- Get rid of some levers and parts.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 26 queries.