Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiger Sounds  (Read 1654 times)

ol' Navy

Re: Tiger Sounds
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 06:35:49 PM »

Best way to test is press F3 (flyby camera). The sound should be very realistic and MUCH different than vanilla flyby sounds. If you're using this with VP Modpack I believe you may have to set NumChannels=2 within your conf.ini file along with 'perfect graphics' mode in game settings.

I need to play around with this some more I think.  I think I have done what you said, but just tonight, I opened BAT and listened.  Then I started up the VP modpack and it still seems to be a world of difference, the plus side being much in favor of VPMP.  Used the same aircraft for each, by the way.  I'll now go into my conf.ini and see what NumChannels says and maybe that makes the difference.  We shall see.  I thank you for bearing with me, and having patience.  I'm hard headed (comes from being really old, at least that's what my bride of the last 54 years says) and don't give up easily so maybe I can get this right.  I'll get back to you.

JCTiggs

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 07:23:11 PM »

Sounds good! I think it's great that a 70+ gamer is still enjoying flight sims on the PC. I hope to be doing the same too!  :)

ol' Navy

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 07:36:18 PM »

Sounds good! I think it's great that a 70+ gamer is still enjoying flight sims on the PC. I hope to be doing the same too!  :)

It's hell doing quite a few things, 70+, and working with anything PC related has become more problematic.  Eyes, reflexes, etc don't help with BAT.  I get shot down quite a big.  I used to have old friends of mine to commiserate with (most of them have given up computer stuff, some of them, life), and my kids used to be close, but now I got nobody to ask stuff.  That's why I show up here periodically to ask my stupid questions.  Anyhow, I looked at the game again this morning and I do think that the fly bys sound better, but one thing I notice that is different than VP mod pack is that I don't hear the "clunk" when landing gear is retracted.  This is only one thing I realize.  Maybe there is more?  Oh well, I gave it a try, and I didn't let it beat me up.  That is good!  I'll keep at it.  Thanks for your interest in my success, and once again, for your patience.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 26 queries.