Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiger Sounds  (Read 1648 times)

JMarso

Tiger Sounds
« on: April 05, 2018, 01:37:42 AM »

After reading the manual it looks like Tiger's sound pack has been discarded in the latest versions of B.A.T. (just went from 1.0 up to the latest tonight.) After several hours of trying to find a way to restore the old sounds, I've hit a brick wall. I'm sure the devs had their reasons for going this route- I just REALLY want some of those old sounds back, particular the guns, the flap sounds, and the the change in engine pitch and cockpit wind when you open the canopy. (We're talking WAW here).

Is there any way that anyone knows how to do this that doesn't involve rolling all the way back to 1.0? Thanks.

JCTiggs

Re: Tiger Sounds
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:02:58 PM »

I'm in the same boat, really need those Tiger sounds back! I've heard that you can install Dave's sound mod (basically Tiger's sound mod) into BAT v3.3 and it will work fine. I haven't tried it yet but someone else on the forum said it worked. The file is floating around here somewhere, I'll look for the link.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 12:32:12 AM »

Some info: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,53895.msg586254.html#msg586254

Btw I found this by googling "sas1946 tiger sound removed bat"".

JCTiggs

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 02:04:10 AM »

Some info: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,53895.msg586254.html#msg586254

Btw I found this by googling "sas1946 tiger sound removed bat"".

Thanks VP, I used the link in your VP Modpack post to get Tigers/DaveB v2.0 sounds, tested on BAT v3.3 and working great (well, I should say I haven't found any issues yet). :)

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,52376.0.html

JMarso

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 08:16:46 AM »

Holy timely response, Batman!

I was visiting this thread one last time before dedicating the morning to a complete wipe, re-install, and rollback to B.A.T. 1.0, and now here's a solution! Whew! Thanks guys, I'll give this a whirl and see how it goes. The sound issue was totally killing my B.A.T.-buzz.

JMarso

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 08:46:16 AM »

Okay, works like a champ!

Thanks guys.

JCTiggs

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 05:39:47 PM »

Okay, works like a champ!

Thanks guys.

Awesome! I agree, it makes a HUGE difference. I'm even happy with the new MG and cannon sounds too (only tried the Spitfire and P-51 but they sound beefy and loud). And I'm a little picky :)

ol' Navy

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 11:03:27 AM »

As you might have imagined, there would be one dummy here who would not understand all this.  I do enjoy the sounds in VP mod pack, and am interested in getting them in BAT WAW.  I have downloaded the recommended, but can someone now help one of your old, not smart forum members and tell me what exactly I should do with it to use it?  Thank you for any help and/or assistance.  Always appreciated.

JCTiggs

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 07:26:39 PM »

As you might have imagined, there would be one dummy here who would not understand all this.  I do enjoy the sounds in VP mod pack, and am interested in getting them in BAT WAW.  I have downloaded the recommended, but can someone now help one of your old, not smart forum members and tell me what exactly I should do with it to use it?  Thank you for any help and/or assistance.  Always appreciated.

Sure no problem. You will have to rename some directories to make it work, just follow these pics.

Copy mod here. Take note of file directory and naming structure, rename as needed.

Take note of file directory and naming structure, rename as needed.

Take note of file directory and naming structure, rename as needed.

Run JSGME.exe

Highlight the sound mod and activate it.

After a few seconds it will show in the active window. Close and start the game.

Enjoy the awesome Tiger/DaveB sound mod! Let us know if it's working okay...  :D

ol' Navy

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 08:19:52 PM »

Thank you.  Will try it tomorrow.

ol' Navy

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 06:17:45 PM »

Thanks again.  I think it worked.  Man, when your ears are 75 yrs old  like mine are it's hard to tell for sure, but  I think it does sound better.  VPMod always seemed to to me.

JCTiggs

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 11:33:30 PM »

Best way to test is press F3 (flyby camera). The sound should be very realistic and MUCH different than vanilla flyby sounds. If you're using this with VP Modpack I believe you may have to set NumChannels=2 within your conf.ini file along with 'perfect graphics' mode in game settings.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 27 queries.