Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-HUD v3.6.1  (Read 98232 times)

larschance

Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.2
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2019, 11:37:38 AM »

Okay Whistler. Will do when I have sorted BAT. It seems when I recently transferred 3.5 Musketeer to my new SSD external drive somehow the speed bar info no longer shows despite the config not seemingly being any different. The wonders of computers, usually human incompetence probably mine in this case.
I notice the BAT config repeats segments including the game and mods sections with Nohud=0 showing twice. I will probably have to start BAT install from scratch which is a bind. Anyway that is for a different forum.
Will let you know when I have success with ng HUD in BAT.
Thank you for your patience.

arquillos

« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2019, 09:39:18 AM »

Hi whistler!
I´d like to have a new feature :)...Could the confguration be saved and restored everytime the sim stops/starts?
Let´s say I choose to show the enemy planes in the map. The next time I reload the sim I´d like this option to be "on" by default...
Any chance in developing this new feature?

An easier option would be to add a new *.ini file or use the conf.ini to write the desired conf....

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2019, 11:02:34 AM »

Hi arquillos,

Wrong topic? Your inquiry is about NG-MAP :D

Here is the idea: When you start a mission you can't know exact enemy positions. Sure there are Intel services and that's why you have a path to follow and perhaps more details in the briefings, in example, sectors to explore (or to avoid completely!). Knowing where your enemies are spoils all the fun in my opinion, but even I activate hostile icons, in example when flying jets where foe get out of sight so fast! I sometimes end up with many icons on, but that doesn't mean I want them on again at the beginning of the next mission. A quick glance can spoil all joy.

Friendly icons are on by default because of intelligence services and radio communications to know positions of air and ground forces (and because you would hate me otherwise :P).

Deciding what's on and what's off (and how it all fits together) is sometimes more difficult than creating the mod functionality. I decide based on what I think the majority of people want, and always for the best experience.

You are one click away to unveil enemy icons - that's not too much asking for, isn't it? I understand unveiling all 'noise' icons can be bothersome for some but a mod is supposed to bring some creativity and innovation to the game. Uncovering original icons is a bonus feature for certain scenarios, in example when you are chasing a vehicle column in a crowded area.

If you truly want to have all forces and all the original icons at once perhaps you better stick to the Stock map or Pal's MiniMap. I am confident though that if you get used to NG-MAP, it will in time feel natural and who knows... you may eventually disable all icons!

Cheers!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2019, 09:07:47 PM »

Hi whistler is there anyway to disable the extra airspeed info? IE the (+ ft/s) etc.....?
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2019, 05:00:45 AM »

No Sir. Three modes:

1) No Speed Bar difficulty setting OFF: Full mode

2) No Speed Bar difficulty setting ON: Limited mode

3) Speed Bar hidden (Toggle Speed Bar key): Hardcore mode
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

larschance

« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2019, 05:43:55 AM »

Hi Whistler. Just to let you know I am enjoying your NgHUD in all my Il2 set ups (4.13.4 with Modact6.4, Vpmodpack, and Bat 3.6). Knowing my flight leaders bearing and altitude has improved my keeping up with the flight although there have been many near misses as wingmen cross my path. It is gratifying to not have the flight leader shouting at me all the time and I have tried flying without HUD assistance but night and storm clouds still beat me.
Thanks again to you and the team for adding to the enjoyment this sim gives.

larschance

« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2019, 11:40:13 AM »

Hi Whistler. Can your NgHUD be added to the Ypack mod. I tried but got in a muddle as I thought it would be the same install as for BAT. Probably my fault as my eyes are not so clear these days. Probably why also I keep getting shot down by unseen enemies. lol
BTW Your NGHUD has been a great boost to my enjoyment, especially in stormy missions. Thank you so much.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2019, 12:20:28 PM »

Sure, download the mod and choose the VP-Modpack Modact version. Activate it with JSGME normally. I don't know the structure of the Ypack mod... let me know if it doesn't work and I will check

Cheers!

larschance

« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2019, 12:24:52 PM »

Hi Whistler. Loaded NgHUD 3.2 straight into Ypack 1.2.2 jsmge folder and activated it. No problem. I didn't even have to restart a career that was 20 missions in. No changes to config and the screen data is just right. Thanks again for a great addition to this sim.

larschance

« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2019, 09:55:06 AM »

Hi Whistler. I just activated NGHUD 3.2 via the jsgme Modactivator for 4.14.1 as instructed on the Il2 Free Modding site but the HUD does not appear on screen. I used the Modact version of your programme. Have I done something amiss or is it not compatible with 4.14.1?

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2019, 11:26:24 AM »

[...] is it not compatible with 4.14.1?

Team Daidalos decided to send us all back to the dark ages with 4.14. I don't support their practices and I don't support 4.14. Having said that, mods in 4.14 should go to a "MODS" folder. Place mods there and see what happens. It's a hit or miss thing. You are on your own with 4.14, dear larschance!

larschance

« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2019, 12:57:30 PM »

Okay Understood. It appears some modded maps and objects do work with the FM Mod Activator but as you say hit and miss for now.
I must say again your HUD is my most important mod as it helps me get back to base even if I crash and burn!
Thanks for the quick reply and I wish you good health and happiness. Keep up the good work.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 29   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 27 queries.