Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-HUD v3.6.1  (Read 98806 times)

larschance

Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.5H
« Reply #276 on: December 28, 2020, 04:13:44 AM »

Read the first post for details of the mod and how to install.

Basically unzip the files which will show you three versions of the mod. Choose the BAT version and install this in the jsgme folder in your BAT directory. Activate it in the jsgme application folder.
Go to the Controls list and select speed bar and give that the key H. This will enable you to choose which format to use, i.e. kph, mph, knots, or none.

I hope this helps.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #277 on: February 05, 2021, 05:56:12 AM »

The new version of NG-MAP is out and a maintenance update of NG-HUD is slated for this month. If there are any requests or suggestions for NG-HUD now it's the time!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #278 on: February 05, 2021, 09:49:40 AM »

When the game is in acceleration mode, the mission time of day appears at the left side of the screen. This is a brilliant feature for mission creation,  as it aids immeasurably when trying to achieve rendezvous and intercept points. I would love to have that time display in Normal time as well. Sometimes it would be useful to have that added precision.

Absolutely great mod btw.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #279 on: February 05, 2021, 01:27:02 PM »

I have a similar dilemma, von. I once changed the time to be displayed when the map is on but I soon realized it bothered me more than anything else. I am thinking about repositioning the time. I haven't taken a decision yet but it is in my list. Thanks for the suggestion.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2021, 03:21:41 AM »

Last call: The train is leaving the station.

Chaoic16

• Modder
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2021, 06:59:15 PM »

Hello Whistler, your mod is a great mod!  It helps me a lot with seeing the texts better on HUD. It is one of a must mod.

I have a suggestion that will be even greater help with anyone with the limited vision.  I recently returned to IL-2 1946 and is flying BAT now.  I posted the request for the assist with enabling ground target text and symbol.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=65991.msg722837#msg722837

It seems that it is only available for air target by the core design of IL-2 1946.  If this is the case, is it possible that you can add text and symbol to the enemy ground with this UI mod?

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #282 on: February 18, 2021, 03:41:28 AM »

Hello Chaoic16,

Adding text/symbols to ground/sea objects would involve altering a different part of the game prone to conflict with other mods, if I recall correctly. "Padlocking" sounds like the thing you need and we can probably make that triangle larger for you. I will check how the triangle works.

In the meantime, have a look to the NG-MAP topic and check the "Targeting System" section. Try locking on a ground target and switch the map to "Combat Mode". You should be able to track your ground target with less effort, and eventually spot it.

Chaoic16

• Modder
« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2021, 03:54:48 AM »

Hello Chaoic16,

Adding text/symbols to ground/sea objects would involve altering a different part of the game prone to conflict with other mods, if I recall correctly. "Padlocking" sounds like the thing you need and we can probably make that triangle larger for you. I will check how the triangle works.

In the meantime, have a look to the NG-MAP topic and check the "Targeting System" section. Try locking on a ground target and switch the map to "Combat Mode". You should be able to track your ground target with less effort, and eventually spot it.

Excellent! I sincerely appreciate it!

About NG-Map, I am am going to try it.

]cheers[

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2021, 06:01:14 AM »

Unfortunately and as predicted the padlock triangle gets dynamically generated in a part of the game we shouldn't tinker with without strong reasons and while your request is legit, it would cause more harm than good. Sorry, Chaoic16.

Chaoic16

• Modder
« Reply #285 on: February 18, 2021, 07:28:32 AM »

Unfortunately and as predicted the padlock triangle gets dynamically generated in a part of the game we shouldn't tinker with without strong reasons and while your request is legit, it would cause more harm than good. Sorry, Chaoic16.

That is understandable. 

whistler

• Modder
Re: (New!) NG-HUD v3.6
« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2021, 03:03:36 AM »

Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) v3.6

I now can test mods in 4K and I reviewed most parts of the code and I made sure NG-HUD looks good in any screen resolution. Most of us have a 1080p resolution but we know we will eventually upgrade and I am now confident NG-HUD keeps up with technology.

The exception remains with 3-monitor setups and ultra wide monitors. The game takes the horizontal resolution to determine the font size and when there's a considerable deviation from the 16:9 ratio fonts will look huge. In both cases the solution involves editing each and every /font/*.font file and amend the files to fit your requirements. I wasn't able to find a workaround but I remain available to assist.

A small but useful new ferature is a dynamic "Comms Tower" icon. The icon will be active when there are beacons or radio stations in the mission, otherwise it will be disabled:

The big feature in this new version however, comes in the form of a new array of configurable options. The last version of MissionProCombo-PLUS implements a "Mods" front-end that allows you to easily configure mods to your liking. This is a big step forward since it allows for more user-friendly mods that can accommodate more options to satisfy player needs. MissionProCombo-PLUS v2.1 will be part of the next BAT update but you can try it now, if you like. Otherwise, or if you are in 4.13 for some reason, you must edit conf.ini settings manually.

Configurable options in detail

Settings bellow will be added automatically to your conf.ini

ngHUDposition=0,0,0,0

Adjust HUD elements position in pixels
(from left, from bottom, from right, from top)
- Allowed values: Any positive number
- Default value: 0,0,0,0
(previous entries ngHUDleft, ngHUDbottom, ngHUDright, ngHUDtop are now obsolete)

ngHUDsector=1

Enable/disable the sector coordinates in the Speed Bar
[Views > No Speed Bar] difficulty setting must be off
- Allowed values: 1 (enabled) or 0 (disabled)
- Default value: 1

ngHUDsubtitles=8

Set maximum number of subtitle lines to be displayed
[HUD > Show Subtitles] misc setting must be on
- Allowed values: 1 to 15
- Default value: 8

ngHUDmaptime=0

Display the "time menu" when the map is on
(useful for testing missions and online play)
- Allowed values: 1 (yes) or 0 (no)
- Default value: 0

ngHUDpause=0

Pause the game on mission start (offline only)
- Allowed values: 1 (yes) or 0 (no)

ngHUDfpsbar=0

Show/hide the FPS counter at the top of the screen
- Allowed values: 1 (show) or 0 (hide)

ngHUDlogbottom=1

Set the position of the log at the bottom or in the middle of the screen
[HUD > Show HUD Log] misc setting must be on
- Allowed values: 1 (bottom) or 0 (middle)
- Default value: 1
(Previous entry lowInfoHud is now obsolete)

ngHUDloglines=3

Set maximum number of log lines to be displayed
[HUD > Show HUD Log] misc setting must be on
- Allowed values: 1 to 10
- Default value: 3

Last, another "feature" you will soon notice is that most of the HUD elements will hide when you accelerate time starting with 8x. Don't be alarmed, it is a meassure to bypass thousands of calculations and boost performance with time compression. Pause the game while in ultra speed mode to unveil HUD elements and if you really need to have speed/heading indicators when you accelerate time switch to the Dashboard (non-cockpit) view.

DOWNLOADS

Just like with previous updates, disable and delete any previous versions!

v3.6 link can be found in the first post.

Cheers! 8)

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
v3.6 - 20-Feb-2021
-----------------------
Maintenance update:
- New conf.ini options! Check the "CONF.INI SETTINGS" in this readme.
- NG-HUD is now certified to work in large screen resolutions (4K and beyod)
- HUD elements hide when accelerating time starting with 8x to boost performance
- Orders menu: the "Comms Tower" icon is active only when there are beacons in the current mission
- Time menu: mission time is now displayed in hours + minutes (instead of only minutes)
- Sonic speed indicator («s») removed. It never worked as intended anyway.
- Minor changes and adjustments here and there.

urmel

Re: (New!) NG-HUD v3.6
« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2021, 08:50:10 AM »

Excellent addition!Many thanks for your Work.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 24 queries.