Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-HUD v3.6.1  (Read 98238 times)

W0W66

Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.2
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2019, 03:01:59 PM »

I also looked into the individual sections i.e. WAW and saw ! ! ! NGHUD_v3.2. Tried those as well.  Nada.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2019, 02:30:20 AM »

WOW66,

BAT you say?

- Delete all NG-HUD folders from your game (BATMODS, #WAW3...)
- Download the mod.
- Extract it.
- Move the folder [Pick a version > BAT > BATMODS > !#NG-HUD_v3.2] to your [IL-2 > BATMODS] folder.
- Run JSGME.
- Activate !#NG-HUD_v3.2 with JSGME.
- Launch IL-2, toggle off Difficulty > Views > No Speed Bar.
- Load a mission, try pressing H (Toggle Speed Bar command) and/or Ctrl+F1 until you are happy.

Regards,
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

W0W66

« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2019, 08:57:42 AM »

Thank you for the reply Whistler.  Sorry to say, no joy.

I wonder if what I tried previously is blocking the correct install. Yes, I did delete/follow your instructions. Perhaps this could also be a hardware issue?  I noticed that when I activated this mod via JSGME, I got a  "not responding" message, but I waited and the mod eventually showed up in the right side panel.

This isnt the only mod where I get the message.  Skies for example. Can take a while and I get not responding, but I just wait.

Edit- Forgot to mention that when I use CTRL F1, I still see the exhaust flames??  Tried a Spitfire.  Do not see the cowl/etc, but see the flames. Perhaps related?

Perhaps I should try again on a new clean install

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2019, 05:30:45 AM »

Thank you for the reply Whistler.  Sorry to say, no joy.

I wonder if what I tried previously is blocking the correct install. Yes, I did delete/follow your instructions. Perhaps this could also be a hardware issue?  I noticed that when I activated this mod via JSGME, I got a  "not responding" message, but I waited and the mod eventually showed up in the right side panel.

This isnt the only mod where I get the message.  Skies for example. Can take a while and I get not responding, but I just wait.

Do you use PAL's VisualMod? If PAL's VisualMod loads before NG-HUD you won't get the latter. Re-installing the last BAT Expansion (with the installer) should solve most issues. Can you post a screenshot of your #WAW3 folder when NG-HUD is supposedly enabled?

Edit- Forgot to mention that when I use CTRL F1, I still see the exhaust flames?? Tried a Spitfire. Do not see the cowl/etc, but see the flames. Perhaps related?

Nothing to do with this mod but a symptom that something apparently is not right in your install.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

W0W66

« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2019, 06:47:15 PM »

Thanks for your help on this.

Yes, I do use the palmod.

In WAW, the first file is ! ! ! NG-HUD_v3.2

I will reinstall the latest BAT, see if that helps.

I will let you know either way.

W0W66

« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2019, 07:22:25 PM »

Sorry, cant get this to work.no idea why. For sure it is much better than the stock hud. Would love to have it but hmm.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2019, 04:26:41 AM »

Over time I accumulate little fixes and improvements and this mod is now scheduled for an update sometime next month. Suggestions are welcome, here or via private message.

whistler

• Modder
Re: NG-HUD Mod v3.5
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2019, 07:41:52 AM »

Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) v3.5
:: A HUD mod for all type of players ::

:: New HUD modes ::

Up until now we had 4 different HUD modes: International in kilometers, Imperial in knots and US Customary in miles. A further keystroke hides the HUD completely. NG-HUD v3.5 introduces an extra, minimalist, HUD mode.

Some pilots would rather play with a simpler HUD in some situations and this new mode displays a heading bar, the cockpit indicators and doesn't display the Navigator when the Minimap is on. This mode is intended to be used with the Minimap always on, in example with NG-MAP's combat mode during dogfights, but you will, of course, find this new HUD mode useful in many other circumstances.

The NoSpeedBar difficulty setting also plays a key role in this new update. Up until now your choices were either a heading or nothing, such a wasted opportunity. Players looking to have an experience closer to stock get new HUD modes when the "No Speed Bar" difficulty setting is enabled: switch between km/h, knots, miles, get the simple heading or nothing.

NG-HUD is for all type of players: the array of available HUD modes should now cover most needs and preferences. I had to play some tricks to allow for a fourth HUD mode but the implementation worked nicely without altering other java files. The HUD mode selected is permanent and it gets saved to the [game] section of the conf.ini as hudMode.

:: Ordnance View, the right way ::

One of the most interesting features of 4.13 is the Ordnance View: follow the bomb, rocket or missile approaching the target and right after impact... the freaking camera freezes! o_O Such a disappointing aftermath for a nice feature.

The Ordnance View is available for 4.12 in different forms: check NG-CAM, in example. I tried solving this problem in NG-CAM but it didn't work there. Surprisingly, a solution did work in NG-HUD and you can finally enjoy havoc in all its glory.

As soon as the actor you are following gets destroyed, the mod will insert a temporal camera in that exact same spot. If you are too close, the camera will get a wider angle for you to have a perfect view. Mouse control is given back to player. The Ordnance View is finally complete, they way it should have been from day one.

Most impressive with air-to-air missiles!

This feature will work with any actor, not only ordnance, and therefore the (in)famous "blue sky of death on mission load" gets replaced with the "Aircraft inoperable" message. SAS helpdesk, take note for future error reports.

:: Taxi Guide Lines ::

Taxi to takeoff is certainly the best feature of 4.12 and the Taxi Guide Line helper is often neglected. The feature is always off by default and you never know for sure where you are supposed to line up for takeoff.

In this new NG-HUD version, Taxi Guide Lines will automatically be enabled on mission start when you are the Flight Leader (this new feature will only work when the No Speed Bar difficulty setting is off).

The Taxi Guide Line turns off automatically as soon as you take off but you can turn it off and on anytime with the dedicated control key.

:: Fixes and Enhancements ::

In addition to these new features, during these past months I took the chance to fix some issues and improve some features. In example all Multiplayer modes are now fully supported, nigh mode got reviewed and perfected, and 'Aim' mode is now always off by default at mission start.

:: Downloads ::

Just like with previous updates, disable and delete any previous versions! v3.5 link can be found in the first post.

Have fun! :D

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.5 ~ NEW VERSION ~
« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2019, 11:27:19 AM »

You mean it even gets better than the previous version?? Amazing Whistler, thanks a lot!.

larschance

« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2019, 12:18:29 PM »

Whistler. You are the man... High five. Now to update my 5 versions of 1946!!

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2019, 01:24:08 PM »

Now to update my 5 versions of 1946!!

:o

I hardly find enough time for B.A.T. alone!

sturmbock

« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2019, 04:25:49 PM »

Really good news!!! Thank you very much for your time and dedication.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 29   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.