Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for BAT  (Read 30076 times)

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
Re: Suggestions for BAT
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2021, 04:12:57 PM »

As far as I know, the problem is that the IL-2 runs on one processor core, and uses approximately 1-1.2GB of RAM, I also don’t know how much of the video card's RAM and MHz of the video card processor. If I have 4 cores, for example, but each core is only 1.7Hz, then this is much worse than one core but 2.5Hz, in the case of IL2.
If only it was possible to make the IL-2 work with several cores. And if used 2-3 GB of RAM.. :)

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2021, 03:11:53 AM »

DESPEREAUX, where did you get blue_l_trace.tga from? I can't find it.

I didn't detect anything out of the ordinary in any of the textures used by BAT in the mission you shared (thanks for the mission by the way). The more objects/actors in a mission, the worse the performance can be. Bombers can degrade performance because of the extra gunners. But we know all this already.

As far as I know, the problem is that the IL-2 runs on one processor core, and uses approximately 1-1.2GB of RAM, I also don’t know how much of the video card's RAM and MHz of the video card processor. If I have 4 cores, for example, but each core is only 1.7Hz, then this is much worse than one core but 2.5Hz, in the case of IL2.
If only it was possible to make the IL-2 work with several cores. And if used 2-3 GB of RAM.. :)

Buy Great Battles and rename the shortcut to IL-2 1946 :P
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2021, 06:06:42 AM »

Buy Great Battles and rename the shortcut to IL-2 1946
:D :D :D

This texture is not from BAT, it is from the "Revolution & Plutonium FX" modan. I assumed that the same effects can be in the BAT.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2021, 06:10:07 AM »

]nono[

No support for extra mods. You should know better...
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2021, 06:15:25 AM »

]nono[
No support for extra mods. You should know better...
I know.  :)
You misunderstood, I do not have this mod. they are unnecessary to me. I just saw such a heavy texture in it, and assumed that the BAT could have the same textures. I suggested to check this, and if so, then reduce their size.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2021, 06:34:02 AM »

Ok sure, no problem. I am stepping aside then.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2021, 03:08:24 PM »

I have a suggestion to the next update of BAT. Could it possible to include the following stationary Japanese aircraft?

Ki-30 or Ki-32 (or both)
Ki-36 or Ki-51 (or both)
Ki-15 (any variant)
Ki-48 (any variant except the Kamikaze one...)

The reason is that I, Edc1 and Andqui is working on making another BAT mega-campaign (like "Years of Triumph" and "Courage Alone") this one for the JAAF. It would simplify things to have these aircraft as stationaries  :) ]cheers[

You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2021, 07:16:44 PM »

A stationary, landed J2F Duck, with the engine stopped, the u/c extended, and no tow tractor attached, would also be very useful.  ;)

Thank you again.

A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2021, 10:54:57 PM »

I have a suggestion to the next update of BAT. Could it possible to include the following stationary Japanese aircraft?

Ki-30 or Ki-32 (or both)
Ki-36 or Ki-51 (or both)
Ki-15 (any variant)

The reason is that I, Edc1 and Andqui is working on making another BAT mega-campaign (like "Years of Triumph" and "Courage Alone") this one for the JAAF. It would simplify things to have these aircraft as stationaries  :) ]cheers[

Done deal. Looking forward to that campaign

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2021, 10:35:47 AM »

Ki-30 or Ki-32 (or both)
Ki-36 or Ki-51 (or both)
Ki-15 (any variant)

Done deal. Looking forward to that campaign

Super - THANKS! You rule!  ]cheers[
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2021, 02:27:49 AM »

As far as I am concerned I would like you to carry on the good work improving cockpits. For me a realistic and historically accurate cockpit makes all the difference. I can see cockpits are particularly difficult to model but my heart sinks when I see an exciting new bomber and its cockpit turns out to be the B-25 yet again.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2021, 05:55:39 AM »

I am no cockpit 3d modeler, sorry.

However, there indeed will be various touch ups here and there.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.