Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for BAT  (Read 30080 times)

Vampire_pilot

Re: Suggestions for BAT
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2021, 12:55:37 PM »

It is there under Singapore?

Dimlee

« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2021, 12:08:49 PM »

Sorry. You are right.
It is there under the name of...Singapore. 
]dontknow[
I blame gremlins.

Pinguim

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2021, 03:50:20 PM »

Suggestion: include WxTech's enhancement of Greif11's Il-2-1940Early cockpit.
found at https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,63328.0.html

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2021, 06:42:44 AM »

Hello. I noticed that when there are a lot of tracers, when a lot of bombers start shooting, then the FPS sits out. I have the impression that BAT contains one of the mods for tracer, in which the textures of the tracers are too heavy.
One of the tracer effects caught my eye, and the textures in it were too heavy in size. (see screenshot)
If I'm not mistaken, then all this is a plus, and in and toga, it requires a lot of RAM. From my own little experience, I know that in fact it is unnecessary to compose the textures of things like tracers to have a high resolution quality. The optimal size is from a few bytes to a couple of kilobytes.
My suggestion is to make sure how much the texture of the tracers in the BAT weighs, and if some of them weigh a lot like in the screenshot, then change their size, I think that this will increase the FPS. Of course, I understand that almost everyone has powerful PCs, and they may not notice any problems with this, but there are still users who have not very powerful PCs, and this would be useful for them.

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2021, 10:55:46 AM »

In the realm of improving existing features (if the following classify as mod suggestions then please disregard)....

I noticed the addition of the flare object in BAT (I'm currently flying the BoB campaign).  I've used it in my own attempt to create a B-17 campaign.  Currently the flare is fired from the ground and unless I'm mistaken it just continues.  Perhaps a start/stop timer or a trigger of some kind?

The following probably does fall under the 'mod' category but I'll toss it out there...   ;)

Graphics in the briefing screen.  e.g. a recon photo or similar.  Not necessarily in the map area but in the text area if at all possible (and I realize the game engine may simply make that impossible).

wern moldy

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2021, 03:36:32 PM »

Hello. I noticed that when there are a lot of tracers, when a lot of bombers start shooting, then the FPS sits out. I have the impression that BAT contains one of the mods for tracer, in which the textures of the tracers are too heavy.

I would welcome some fix which addresses this. It's the reason I don't play certain campaigns; campaigns that would look really good if they weren't akin to a slide show. And I've spent enough money to make the computer I use for BAT, adequate enough. I'm not gonna buy friggin' NASA's computer, only to find that those campaigns weren't worth playing in the first place.

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2021, 05:13:21 AM »

I would welcome some fix which addresses this. It's the reason I don't play certain campaigns; campaigns that would look really good if they weren't akin to a slide show. And I've spent enough money to make the computer I use for BAT, adequate enough. I'm not gonna buy friggin' NASA's computer, only to find that those campaigns weren't worth playing in the first place.

This is my guess, I'm not one hundred percent sure that this is the problem. But I am more than sure that the textures of any things that have a lot of particles should weigh a little, so as not to reduce the FPS.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2021, 07:11:41 AM »

I'm not gonna buy friggin' NASA's computer, only to find that those campaigns weren't worth playing in the first place.

I know what you want to say but this is gross exaggerating. My own rig is some 6 years old now and I play it maxxed out with graphics card settings and even did so on my old rig.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2021, 12:12:55 PM »

I noticed the addition of the flare object in BAT (I'm currently flying the BoB campaign).  I've used it in my own attempt to create a B-17 campaign.  Currently the flare is fired from the ground and unless I'm mistaken it just continues.  Perhaps a start/stop timer or a trigger of some kind?

Flares don't go on and on endlessly, flares follow a carefully designed set of rules. The documentation unfortunately was lost in the "Expansion X, Service Pack Y" topic, which is no longer available.

Graphics in the briefing screen.  e.g. a recon photo or similar.  Not necessarily in the map area but in the text area if at all possible (and I realize the game engine may simply make that impossible).

Not possible in the text area without an enormous amount of work but there could be popup windows of some kind. The problem is deciding the set of rules mission makers must follow, and even then, I don't think the feature would be widely used. Check the "Intelligence Services" section in the NG-MAP topic. You may find that little feature of interest, or not.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2021, 12:31:57 PM »

One of the tracer effects caught my eye, and the textures in it were too heavy in size. (see screenshot)
If I'm not mistaken, then all this is a plus, and in and toga, it requires a lot of RAM. From my own little experience, I know that in fact it is unnecessary to compose the textures of things like tracers to have a high resolution quality. The optimal size is from a few bytes to a couple of kilobytes.
My suggestion is to make sure how much the texture of the tracers in the BAT weighs, and if some of them weigh a lot like in the screenshot, then change their size, I think that this will increase the FPS. Of course, I understand that almost everyone has powerful PCs, and they may not notice any problems with this, but there are still users who have not very powerful PCs, and this would be useful for them.

Good report and good (right or wrong) analysis, DESPERAUX. What's missing here is a copy of the mission where this happens in your system.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2021, 02:21:54 PM »

Good report and good (right or wrong) analysis, DESPERAUX. What's missing here is a copy of the mission where this happens in your system.

Thanks Whistler.
Here is the mission. https://www.mediafire.com/file/g9dcqys11linr9z/BOG_Mission.7z/file
This is a side mission. It is not complete, the cover planes have been removed.
There is also an assumption that the FPS begins to sit out due to the fact that when the battle begins, all aircraft begin to activate their AI actively, and because of this, the load on the processor increases.

wern moldy

« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2021, 02:31:44 PM »

I'm not gonna buy friggin' NASA's computer, only to find that those campaigns weren't worth playing in the first place.

I know what you want to say but this is gross exaggerating. My own rig is some 6 years old now and I play it maxxed out with graphics card settings and even did so on my old rig.

Of course it's an exaggeration.....it's a joke. My only point was that I'd rather the issue DESPERAUX and myself experience be solved without the need to spend more money on hardware. My rig is older than yours, dedicated to running only IL2, I've already beefed it up with 12Gb RAM and a 5Gb graphics card, the CPU could use a boost; which means a motherboard, but I'm unwilling to do that for a game whose single player aspect is questionable at best, irrespective of the eye candy that gets injected into it.

I'm not computer savvy and therefore cannot contribute to game development, so I donate money to this forum instead; hence my comment in this thread. I was hoping there would be some kind of solution. if there isn't, I'll wear it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 26 queries.