Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for BAT  (Read 30082 times)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: Suggestions for BAT
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2020, 12:25:55 PM »

Timex, if you don't mind  sharing the campaigns please pm me and I will give you my email address.  Then I can post them .

Sikshoota

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2020, 05:27:58 PM »

Hi All

Rain & Snow.

I feel this earlier suggestion (by Herra Tohtori) re rain/snow (user graduation light thru heavy) has much merit.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,36376.msg399093.html#msg399093

The current setup provides what seems like heavy rain downpour only (not sure about snow).

If possible and not too difficult to modify, then the mission creator ('map maker' mentioned in the link) or end user could adjust to suit ie Light, Medium or Heavy.

If doable, then we could all enjoy greater realism.

Meanwhile, thanks again to all of you modders who have gotten BAT to where it is now!

Cheers :)
S'
Sikshoota

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2020, 03:07:28 AM »

Sorry Vampire if I've overstepped a line.

Not at all, it just sounded weird and before anyone did anything I thought a reminder could be helpful. I don't know the missions but I am curious now and hope to see them on BAT.

dvor333

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2020, 03:01:37 PM »

To my mind, wii be very usefull to enlarge Japan Fleet and add to BAT:
1. Ryujo CVL BETA120 https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13254.108.html post 108
2. MINEKAZE and MUTSUKI DD pack https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19115.0.html
3. AkizukiDDPack https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,28640.0.html

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2020, 03:21:44 AM »

It would be really nice if someone would sort out the Fe2 because at the moment you cannot damage it however hard you try. It is  an important, if rather dowdy, plane for any WWI sim. Since you presently can't shoot it down it is next to useless. I gather the relevant changes are not easy to make but there must be lots of skilled guys out there who would make short work of them.

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2020, 05:32:18 PM »

New version of Bf-109L mod which is not yet included in BAT:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=61422.0
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.

cbradbury

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2020, 02:09:16 AM »

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2020, 03:18:33 AM »

What about these ones, from Slippers Bomber Command mod?

•   New fires and smokes for bombs, post explosion. All bombs will have a random chance of producing one of a number of different fire and/or smoke effects, generally larger bombs will produce larger effects but the odd small bomb may produce something representing a 'lucky' hit. Fire and smoke effects will have a greater chance of occurring in built up city areas than in rural areas.

•   Reduced and randomised power and radius for all bombs and randomised visual explosion effect

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,41767.msg469622.html#msg469622
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2020, 02:28:16 PM »

Long ago Squashman did a map called Ceylon_42. In the readme he is a bit apologetic because it was an early effort. Well, in my opinion there is nothing to apologize about; it is a wonderful map. It is in VP Modpack and I think it deserves a place in BAT. i have the files, but no link to a forum entry or download. Since it is Squashman's work I would like to ask him to post it, if possible. The as-built map installs seamlessly into BAT 3.8.3.

This map would allow us to create a campaign covering Admiral Nagumo's April 1942 raid on Ceylon (modern day Sri Lanka).

wern moldy

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2020, 03:25:56 PM »

What happened when I last played BAT (WAW) reminded me of something which has always annoyed me, prompting this suggestion.
When your plane recieves engine damage and the screen gets covered in oil, it's damn near impossible to navigate your way back to base and land.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I would've thought the wind pressure would clear the screen even a little bit, so that at least one could get their stricken kite home.
I'm sure many of you know that some aircraft had a washer system, which would squirt fuel on to the screen to clear it.
If it were possible, mods to this effect would be desirable.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2020, 05:52:27 AM »

I am pretty sure you know that those washer systems did not work like the ones on an average car! if you want to navigate home with a windscreen full of oil, you have to use different methods, I am sure you know there is a compass and an altimeter and you can get bearings from ground control sometimes, other than that, welcome to the world of flying in WW2 without proper GPS and other modern gimmicks that make life easier today....

btw, I got some new books yesterday (LW Crash Archive Vols 3-5) and there are some great pilot accounts in those; one from a ME-109E pilot during the BoB reads along the lines that when his engine received some hits, he first turned towards France but once out over the Channel, he realized that this would be very risky so he turned back and face capture rather than risking coming down in the Channel and with a high chance die there...

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2020, 08:24:53 AM »

I have brought home, even landed countless planes with smeared windshields. Some you can still peek-a-boo and land them, when you move seat up or sideways or both, some you just have to abandon near the home base. It is far from impossible, it's a bit of an immersion to me.

Most of the time, the engine dies on the way anyway and you be happy to be behind your own lines. All you need for that is a compass.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 25 queries.