Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for BAT  (Read 30075 times)

victor639514

• Modder
Re: Suggestions for BAT
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2021, 01:28:00 PM »

Would it be possible to integrate my VSM 7.3 (buttons version) mod for the WAW module in the next update?

It will bring the latest of my sound work and lots of diverse engine sounds for different planes, thanks to the tweaks FL2070 and I have integrated to the .buttons file for the WAW module.
Hey, get that inertia started!

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2021, 12:33:16 AM »

Sound updates end up to be extremely huge, it's not for an (already big) update. The sfs packaging is also a tedious task with sounds. I have it on my list for the next main version update but no promise. It's not the most fun thing to do.

I feel hesitant touching the buttons to be honest. I cannot fully unpack/repack it myself for missing entries. Fixing one thing there may tear down something unexpected at the other end.  One of the principles was that there is only one buttons, and it's the same in every module. It gets unmanageable easily. Could you completely unpack the buttons without unknown files?

Hans-Joachim Marseille

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2021, 09:31:07 AM »

Thx for the latest update for BAT.  :) There is one new ship that looks a lot like the German Auxilary cruiser "Orion" on which my dad sailed in WW2 and I wanna ask and suggest to add guns to this ship, maybe a seaplane (Arado-196 or a Japanese one) to make it a "kinda Orion-like ship". That would be very nice to have and inspiring for missions cos they had a giant journey on that ship.What a story to tell.

"United we stand against Evil." #FCKPTN. #SlavaUkraini

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2021, 12:00:55 AM »

The Daultless pack and make flyable the AI only Ju88s, at least the -As, since they should have indentical cockpit with the A-4 anyway.

Also the 4.13 P-40s, or modify the old P-40 to include the P-40D,K-5 and N-1. In the latter two cases is just a matter of FM, with a 3D that is indentical with the P-40M, in the first case the wings of the P-40L can be added in the P-40E 3D plus just one mesh has to created for the exchausts.

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2021, 05:10:59 AM »

Something of interest, that I have not seen yet : Functionnal CAM-ships. To use with some Hurricane, would be interesting !

cbradbury

« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2021, 05:57:28 AM »

Thx for the latest update for BAT.  :) There is one new ship that looks a lot like the German Auxilary cruiser "Orion" on which my dad sailed in WW2 and I wanna ask and suggest to add guns to this ship, maybe a seaplane (Arado-196 or a Japanese one) to make it a "kinda Orion-like ship". That would be very nice to have and inspiring for missions cos they had a giant journey on that ship.What a story to tell.

An auxiliary cruiser was added to WAW in BAT 3.85:

No seaplane, but pretty effective at beating up merchant ships and unwary aircraft.

Andy H

« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2021, 03:06:43 PM »

On the subject of ships, would it be possible for them to slow to a halt when damaged/sinking?

wackywings

« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2021, 04:26:49 PM »

Any chance of updating the Sopwith Camel in DOF to show the interplane struts fully from the cockpit view again? Since the 3D revamp of the model, this mod - https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,57279.0.html shows the struts making contact with the lower wing but turns all of the cockpit textures pink. Running BAT 4.1.2     

Best regards,
          -Wackywings   

Reznov3429

• See, decide, attack, repeat.
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2021, 08:54:44 PM »

The BAT is 99.5% perfect to me. :) I only ask for one thing: PLEASE if it is possible, make an AI like UP3, Is so depressing fight against them without mods, I'm tired of always getting killed  ::(

ZtheE

• Skinner
    • Instagram
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2021, 10:45:48 PM »

On the topic of ships...

Midway Class Carriers? Maybe even USS Enterprise (CV-65) just to have a bit of variety, even a franken carrier would be nice.

Also for JTW there's a few dead-end WIPs over at FreeModding that would be pretty cool BAT exclusives
I got my BAT license from a cereal box and my computer can legally buy alcohol

Hans-Joachim Marseille

« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2021, 04:06:02 AM »

I want to suggest to add these two mods. One is my Soundmod for Katyusha and Panzerwerfer (working in BAT 4.1.1.) , Credits to Gumpy and FL2070 - and the other is an old friend "StukazuFuss", Nebelwerfer 15 / 28cm auf SdKfz. 151 Hanomag -  suggested before and not working in BAT at this point (4.1.1. 70% CTD). That is credits to Greiff11 and I still think it is worthwhile being finished (no damage model and the shells are flying vertically, also the launchers pitch / angle could be higher). I really recommend both but at least trying my soundmod - I think that it is not too bad and works fine with not interfering with other sounds anymore.  :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tgBZxVp0pT_LAjp8USikdy6QM9MGcQqS/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t7mlfAVxy8UF7KSM0lQnCBwiT8zCFnSo/view?usp=sharing
"United we stand against Evil." #FCKPTN. #SlavaUkraini

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2021, 05:52:38 AM »

Sorry but AI in 4.12 is as is, when it's too hard why in hell fly too hard Missions.
Adapt, means tinker with the Balance.
But to me there fun ends, when I have to go thru each Missions in FMB to adapt to 4.12
AI, it's not done with the Setting Easy, if a Mission was meant for 4.10, well,
than it needs a complete overhaul to adapt to balance in 4.12.
My crap Cents.

I rather spend my time converting QMB, as there I can dictate how the Mission rolls.
There is a more universal kinda thinking, not as pre scripted as are other Mission types.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.