Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exploding ordnance  (Read 1885 times)

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
Exploding ordnance
« on: February 15, 2018, 12:32:05 PM »

Hi
Another request from me. Exploding ordnance

What I mean is when you, or any planes loaded with bombs, rockets crash, not only the plane should blow up but the ordnance should do as well besides the aircraft explosion.
Making kamikaze attacks more powerful 4 example (without having to drop the bomb in the last moment). Like the MX7Y also has a bomb explosion effect besides the aircraft explosion.

I haven't found anything like this, but if exists, help me find it :v
There are 2 certain things in life: Death and CTDs

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: Exploding ordnance
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 12:59:08 PM »

Stock game (at least 4.12.2m , I lost folders of oldies) already has bombs exploding when their carrier bomber gets crashed.

When your game uses English language and faces that case of player's bomber, the message of "Bomb Load: Detonated" will show in the right column of HUD.

Stock MX7Y has different problem, it might not have correct bomb load parameters.
SAS mod version MX7Y was corrected about it and might give correct strength of damage to the attacked ship.

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 01:14:56 PM »

I have never seen that
Maybe it only works with bomb fuzes on? Cause i have never actually used it, but I'll give it a try next time. Maybe tomorrow.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 02:38:21 PM »

I was a bit confused and in some cases stock game bug.

The message text "Bomb Load: Detonated" is shown only for Rocket loadouts, not for Bomb loadouts.

And even rocket loadouts, we have to increase right column HUD area's line numbers from stock 3 by Storebror's HUD Log Bottom Right mod.
Without it --- only 3 lines of stock --- the message is soon scrolled out by other newer messages like gunners are killed.
18 or 20 lines are needed for full massages of bombers having 2x or 4x engines , 4 or more gunners.

B-25 with only bombs

F4U with only bombs

F4U with only rockets

More research with looking into internal java codes are needed to recognize them, perhaps fuze is related as you say.

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 10:08:46 AM »

I have tested some thing, but nothing happens, even with adjustable fuzes

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 12:27:05 PM »

I have a strong feeling that this is not related to fuse but to the way the java classes work. Bombs are activated (=released or whatever transformation method you want to include in the class) when the "parent" (= aircraft) is still existent. If the parent is destroyed, bombs can no longer be activated.

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 10:54:59 AM »

So might it be possible, to make some modifications, that the destruction of the parent triggers, and activates the load?

<Gunny>

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 08:57:58 PM »

Back a ways I think bombs had to be dropped in order for them to arm.
I may be wrong its been a long time ago that I read this .
So if they are never dropped they are never armed to go off.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 10:20:16 PM »

Back a ways I think bombs had to be dropped in order for them to arm.
So if they are never dropped they are never armed to go off.

I agree you, Gunny.

So, about Kamikaze Attack, something operating way is needed (might be not implemented in IL-2 1946) manual arm bomb fuzes on-board as same as normally dropped before final dive.
Or .... I miss some fuze function such manual on-board arm has been already implemented ?

And a bit off topic though, Fuze's arm safety is not perfect for hard ground crashing in real.
Even bombs are not armed on-board (under racks or in bomb bays) , 20 ? or 30 ? percent of them might get exploded by the crashing impact or following high heat of fuel burning.
If possible .... such accidental explosion is interesting, I feel.

<Gunny>

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 10:39:45 PM »

Its true. They can go off. Once on-line I shot a B-24 came in behind it lined it up and fired.
At the same time a team mate was close by with a fighter {never saw them} any way when I fired that
B-24 blow up. I mean big time blow up killed me , my team mate, The other fighter pilot.. I got a - 300 points ..
It was a funny thing..LOL ;D
Then that shows the bombs can and do go off with out being armed.

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 12:15:22 AM »

There is a way to override the fuze option in java, and cause bombs to explode immediately after release. Though I remember playing with that in the past in bomb classes, I did not try it in the aircraft class, but I don't think it would be a problem to do so. the The problem, once again, is to trigger all the process immediately before the impact even by a 1/1000000 sec. Once this is solved, the issue is solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.