Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F86 Vs. Mig 15: Something doesn't feel right  (Read 1389 times)

Dusty926

F86 Vs. Mig 15: Something doesn't feel right
« on: December 23, 2017, 07:46:39 PM »

Now, these are just my observations after many fights against the AI, no multiplayer so take it with a grain of salt. After facing off against the AI in an F86, and swapping to the Mig 15, the latter feels distinctly better in almost every way. It feels overpowered; Fighting against it in the F-86 feels like fighting against a UFO, as it has to really try to lose ANY energy at all, and the acceleration at all altitudes is so insane that it can climb in a spiral at a few hundred feet a second or more, and GAIN airspeed from it. Now, obviously the AI has advantages no matter the plane, that much is understandable. However, flying it out myself, it really does feel like it's far lighter, far faster, and far more powerful than it should be. In fact, flying out the Mig 17 afterwards, it feels like a Mig-15 with the engine of a Mig-17, the only difference I can feel is that the 17 isn't quite as maneuverable.

Now, I may just be expecting too much out of the F-86, but something just doesn't feel right about the Mig-15bis, so I want to know if anyone has felt the same thing.

Again, if I am just misunderstanding the two planes and things are all correct, do please correct me on it.

4S_Vega

• Modder
Re: F86 Vs. Mig 15: Something doesn't feel right
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 05:25:48 AM »

As in RL, MiG-15 wins in acceleration and climb rate.

Compared to F-86A, it needs 5:40 to climb 10000m, when Sabre needs 9:30, in game as in RL.

Obviously if you engage the battle with the rules of your opponent, you lost.

Sabres have better turn rate compared to MiGs, and better dive speed & handlings.

You had only to start duel with an high speed in your Sabre, and gain altitude when turns, avoiding pure orizzoltal turns that cause only speed lose.

Obviously F-86F have better acceleration/climb rate compared to early variants, so you have less problems agains MiGs.

PA_Willy

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 05:52:27 AM »

What Vega said. It's historically correct.

Koty

• Mr. MiG
  • Modder
  • It's a MiG!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 07:33:49 AM »

MiG's have been recreated using actual flight manuals containing full summary of physical parameters of the plane.
Similar for Sabre, although there some things had to be calculated/test-fitted.
They are both quite accurate. Maybe not DCS quality, but accurate.

Keep in mind that Sabre is heavy, mainly because it has to carry loads and loads of fuel. Vega already told you what to do so just to sum it up.

Just dive at them, roll, do high-speed turns. You outroll them, out turn them. If you somehow manage to bring the fight to low speeds, you have slight edge, but keep him busy, do not let the mig separate or it will tear you to pieces.
If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick.

Dusty926

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »

Alright, thanks guys! Whilst the AI's cheats make the Mig's dive speed a little better, for the most part that is indeed what I've been experiencing. It is sort of its own relief to know that the AI isn't cheating [too much] but instead is very close to how the real planes performed against eachother.

Thanks, this makes losing to Migs much less frustrating, as now I know what to expect. The help is very appreciated my dudes!

SkyHigh

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 04:55:50 PM »

Consider fighting against an inferior NK AI, as this would accurately reflect the abilities of most of the pilots of the time, despite the advantage of a superior plane.

4S_Vega

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »

Fight online agains a good pilot is much harder than fight against an AI
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 27 queries.