Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MiG-21 Training Missions  (Read 4277 times)

SpongeBob

MiG-21 Training Missions
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:44:29 AM »

Hi everyone!

I am not very used to modern jets, but I am increasily interested on them. Recently, I tried the fantastic Iraqi campaign by Vampire-pilot with the MiG-21, and I liked it a lot. But I also painfully discovered that I didn't know anything about flying modern jets. I've lost the count of how many MiGs I have destroyed just trying to land.

I've also seen that recently, some people have asked how to takeoff and land with this plane. So I decided to prepare some training mission with this difficult plane. I've spent some time trying to make an interesting background to make missions less boring and to have something else to look at.

At the moment, I have only prepared four missions for the MiG-21PF:
· Taxiing and takeoff: to get used to movements on the ground.
· Landing: it is really difficult to land with the MiG-21. I still need more practice.
· Bomber interception (unarmed): to learn how to use ground control radar and in-flight radar.
· Bomber interecption (armed with heat guided missiles): some action at last.

I intend to make more missions, but I need to learn how to fly this before!

I hope you like it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lgpxzksp6fkhaz7/SpongeBob_MiG21_training1.zip

Just extract to BAT main folder and it will go inside Missions > Single > RU > 1965MiG-21PF_Training

The year of the mission is not really relevant, I only included it to remind that it should be played in JTW module. Anyway, it could be a nice year to fly this bird.

Note: It seems that precisely today, Vega has updated the MiG-21 pack with new versions. I hope they are included soon in BAT.

Vampire_pilot

Re: MiG-21 Training Missions
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »

I will give these a spin, thanks for providing such material!

SpongeBob

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:45:25 PM »

Thanks vampire_pilot. The missions included at the moment are rather simple, just intended to be 'MiG-21 for dummies'.
I suppose you have much more experience with modern jets and maybe you find the missions too naive.

I just decided to make this after trying your MiG-21 Iraqi campaign, flying four or five missions and crashing nine out of ten landing attempts.
My last mission was especially funny: I placed myself at my enemy's six, launched a missile, and observed how it described a gentle curve to explode directly into my wingman. Ooops!
I decided that I had to go back to flying school before Irani forces hired me as a double agent.

Probably this is more useful to jet-newbies like me, but anyway, thanks for your support.

Ranger97

• Mustang Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 10:01:21 PM »

Thanks!
Nil Time

CDS025_DOGO

• Saludos Camaradas
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 03:28:21 PM »

Gracias Bob esto es una gran iniciativa. muy bueno. ;) ;) ;)

Thanks Bob this is a great initiative. very good.  ;) ;) ;)

JG51_Ruski

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 04:17:55 AM »

Thanks Bob just the thing I need to get into the jet era
Semper Fi

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 04:45:50 AM »

Fair warning though, I think these old missions are NOT compatible with BAT 3.7.2 anymore.

check the laodouts!

SpongeBob

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 10:53:57 AM »

Hi! I've just checked and the missions load without problems. The three first mission shouldn't have because the orndance is the default one. In the fourth and last one you carry heat guided missiles, but the mission loads fine.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.