Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A lot of texture issues and camera glitches after install of BAT  (Read 1311 times)

bennko

A lot of texture issues and camera glitches after install of BAT
« on: November 01, 2017, 12:50:18 PM »

Hi, it's been quite a long time since I've played IL2, although I have modded the game in the past and played some of Monty's excellent campaigns.  :)

I fancied playing IL2 again since seeing the new BAT available for the game, unfortunately I have some major issues after installation.

The install process is simple enough but after installing the game, mega patch, and BAT 1.0 3 separate times I have the same issue, (I have not installed any of the expansions) Maybe I need to install them?
I have a lot of texture issues, most of the planes are pink, even if I use the other dlls, (they look fine in the preview window on the QMB,
also every standard recorded mission I click to view is broken in some way, weird camera angles, and often planes (pink) will exploding at the start of the recorded files, and single player missions.

I wondered if there might be an issue with the BAT installing onto windows 10?
I avoid installing to programs, and installed on to the desktop.

Note: - If I set the game to load World at War everything runs smoothly and loads in correctly, the major texture and glitching issues appear when Dawn of Flight or The Golden Age are selected.

Sorry, I don't know how to attach the log file correctly, I am seeing this message because my log file is massive. :/

The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (50000 characters)

And this message when I post part of it using insert code, (Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links)

bennko

Re: A lot of texture issues and camera glitches after install of BAT
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 01:22:06 PM »

This is the part of the logfile where the errors start, there are more in the logfile but they all look the same as ( <Class> not found Can't set property)

INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 3 -> 2 (delta = -1) to Range 0..2
INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 5 -> 2 (delta = -3) to Range 0..2
INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 3 -> 2 (delta = -1) to Range 0..2
INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 75 -> 32 (delta = -43) to Range 0..32
INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 120 -> 60 (delta = -60) to Range 0..60
INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 600 -> 32 (delta = -568) to Range 0..32
INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 1024 -> 512 (delta = -512) to Range 1..512
INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file '3DO/Effects/GunShells/GunsmokeI.tga'
WARNING: object '3DO/Effects/GunShells/GunsmokeI.tga' of class 'TTexture2D' not loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: Texture required
WARNING: object '3DO/Effects/GunShells/Cannonsmoke.mat' of class 'TMaterial' not loaded
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke24'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke25'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke26'
Plane: Parameter [Bulldog_IV]:<Class> not found
Can't set property
java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't set property
    at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.planes.PlaneGeneric$SPAWN.getS(PlaneGeneric.java:1117)
    at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.planes.PlaneGeneric$SPAWN.LoadPlaneProperties(PlaneGeneric.java:1143)
    at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.planes.PlaneGeneric$SPAWN.<init>(PlaneGeneric.java:1192)
    at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.planes.Parasol2Static.<clinit>(Parasol2Static.java:70)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at com.maddox.rts.Spawn.get_WithSoftClass(Spawn.java:84)
    at com.maddox.rts.Spawn.get_WithSoftClass(Spawn.java:57)
    at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.preloadStationaryClasses(Main.java:257)
    at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1650)
    at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1579)
    at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.beginApp(MainWin3D.java:212)
    at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:432)
    at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java:235)
Problem in spawn: com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.planes.Parasol2Static$Bulldog_IV
Plane: Parameter [VildebeestS]:<Class> not found
Can't set property

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 01:58:38 PM »

well, the log says that the static planes just arn't there.
Which is not a "known bug" so there is no "fix" I can provide.

I suggest you update all the way through 3.2 + Service Pack and check back again if the problem persists. Doing wild guess work for superceded versions makes no sense

3.0 is a checkpoint. that means no need to go through all previous install process over and over, just install from 3.0 up when you encounter a problem after it.

bennko

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 02:16:06 PM »

well, the log says that the planes just arn't there.
Which is not a "known bug" so there is no "fix" I can provide.

I suggest you update all the way through 3.2 + Service Pack and check back again if the problem persists. Doing wild guess work for superceded versions makes no sense

3.0 is a checkpoint. that means no need to go through all previous install process over and over, just install from 3.0 up when you encounter a problem after it.

Thanks Vampire_pilot I will install all the way up to 3.2 like you said and see if the issue resolves.

bennko

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »

Unfortunately the issues are still the same when installed up to BAT 3.2 plus service pack.

Everything still seems to be working fine when World at War is selected.

When DOF, TGA or TJA are selected the game is not reading or finding files correctly, lot's of pink textures and camera angle stuck in the floor glitches. :/

I'm thinking most likely it is my version of Windows 10 that is causing some problem with the install or file reading and overwriting.

Bummer. lol

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 03:23:32 AM »

Nothing's wrong with running IL2/BAT on Windows 10, nothing's a bummer, nothing's lol.
You just failed to provide a fresh logfile after installing BAT 3.2 plus service pack.
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 26 queries.