Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is inside of RawOfTrees object?  (Read 1518 times)

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
What is inside of RawOfTrees object?
« on: September 18, 2017, 04:04:31 AM »

Is anywhere RawOfTrees object copmponents like mesh, tga files and so on revealed?
It might be useful for changing this object appearance - skins.

Bee

• Modder
Re: What is inside of RawOfTrees object?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 04:08:33 AM »

I don't know.  The row of trees object, its viewing distance and what changes it to Forest=3 are the last great mysteries of the Il-2 series.  We can add, change and improve anything, but the row of trees are still out of reach.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 05:35:52 AM »

Those forest=3 trees move when there's wind, so there's definitely more going on there than a simple 3d mesh.
With forest=2 its easy to change a skin but it wont make the trees look lot better.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:18:03 AM »

I'd like to add that with forest=3, certain kind of trees are simply missing from the map.
I've suffered from this issue a few months ago when we flew online with the FAC on our SAS Gameserver.
We've been meeting on a small airfield where the parking area was sorrounded by trees of a certain kind, and I always ran into them without being able to see any of those.
The others were laughing off their asses, and I only figured what was going on when I set forest to "2" and rebooted my game, where suddenly the trees appeared to me as well.

forest=3 -> Dangerous.

Best regards - Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:33:30 PM »

I'd like to add that with forest=3, certain kind of trees are simply missing from the map.
I've suffered from this issue a few months ago when we flew online with the FAC on our SAS Gameserver.
We've been meeting on a small airfield where the parking area was sorrounded by trees of a certain kind, and I always ran into them without being able to see any of those.
The others were laughing off their asses, and I only figured what was going on when I set forest to "2" and rebooted my game, where suddenly the trees appeared to me as well.

forest=3 -> Dangerous.

Best regards - Mike
See
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,43779.msg490866.html#msg490866
but this is out of topic here asked, namely, the content of RowOfTree object.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 26 queries.