Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: PBM-3 Mariner v2a  (Read 41123 times)

ecf111

Re: PBM-3 Mariner v2a
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2017, 09:02:48 AM »

@1941UH

I just went through your exact problem trying to install the v2 Mariner into BAT. Just install the complete 01__Weapons_USA_GB folder into #JTW3 or #WAW3, don't add anything to the aircraft folder or take out any files. Works great now.
Create.

1941UH

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2017, 09:11:48 PM »

CW,  It appears that my download of the Weapons folder was missing a lot of files, so I redownloaded the Weapons File and dropped in to the SAS directory, confirmed that the Air.ini, Plane.properties and weapons.properties all were correct and now all of the weapons are listed for each plane.  Thank you for your help.  You Rock.
1941 UH

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2017, 10:52:43 AM »

If you download v2a, this is not full plane. Just a cockpit addon, a crew position patch. (RADAR operator ).

By the way I patched this and this ONE SUPERB addon.
I see ships targets in the far distance. Hurray!
Thanks CWatson and Epervier. This is so cool.  ;D

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2017, 02:33:23 PM »

I have the latest version in BAT. Does anyone have an issue with the AI planes barely geting in the air, 200+ feet, and not going any higher then landing in the water like they just gave up?
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2017, 03:44:29 AM »

I just checked in the upcoming BAT beta version, I see no issue there. Takes off and climbs to waypoints.
However I noticed that the Mariner needs quite some straight way to clear out and finish the "take off pattern". Maybe the mission you are playing has a problematic setting of waypoints? try giving it some space after takeoff to consolidate before routing to to the next waypoint?

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2017, 05:20:47 AM »

However I noticed that the Mariner needs quite some straight way to clear out and finish the "take off pattern".
This applies to all planes in the game!
The minimum distance between the take-off point and the first WP is estimated at 3km for a fighter plane.
Do not hesitate to double or even triple the distance for four-engines. Account must be taken of on-board fuel and, above all, of the selected loads.
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2018, 09:00:14 PM »

AAAAH! Very cool ! A beautiful and lovely new aircraft. THANK YOU!

I am very late to see this post.
I have never installed this one into my game. I must fly it.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

sewerwisp

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2018, 06:10:07 AM »

See my version below:
I have dloaded many planes into VP modpak and all worked fine. Updated the air.ini according to instructions. But this plane the mariner does not appear in QMB. I over wrote the class files according to readme, no luck. It does not CTD. 

Any ideas out there? The log file  just discusses files being loaded successfully pertaining to the PBM. Apparently no errors.
Hitler knows that he must break us in this island, or lose the war! AMD FX 6300 6 core processor 3.50 MHz, 8 gig RAM, 64 Bit Win 10 pro, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.,  sas 5.30, FLYABLES 4.12.2M, vpMODPAK.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2018, 01:12:55 PM »

I assume you're only talking about the first line of aircraft in the QMB?
But does it appear in the other lines 2...3...3...4...and enemy aircraft?
If yes, it is because you have installed the AI version only!  :D
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

sewerwisp

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2018, 06:01:34 PM »

I installed all 3. The flyables, the AI, and the selfies. All of these appear in the FMB, strangely. Could it be the FM file? Like I say, I have tried installing just the basic version, then just the 410-412 mod, then the 16;9/4:3 MOD AND VERSA VICA. Then all 3 plus the update.7z. No combo makes the plane appear in QMB. I have checked the QMB plane list with air.ini and it simply skips the Mariner, which I copied next to the PBY's.  When you say other lines 2...3...4..etc., are you talking about the first screen, or the detail screen? Same problem in both.
Hitler knows that he must break us in this island, or lose the war! AMD FX 6300 6 core processor 3.50 MHz, 8 gig RAM, 64 Bit Win 10 pro, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.,  sas 5.30, FLYABLES 4.12.2M, vpMODPAK.

sewerwisp

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2018, 07:37:05 PM »

Yoda: it took me awhile to understand what you were reffering to, but your right, layers 2,3,4 DO have the Mariner, so they7 are seeing the AI correct?

The in folder mods 16:9 and 412 should be applied in what order?

Also, the "update.7z" is that last?   I'm assuming the order is important. All three of these are available on the 1st page of links  of this thread.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2018, 02:40:38 AM »

Yoda: it took me awhile to understand what you were reffering to, but your right, layers 2,3,4 DO have the Mariner, so they7 are seeing the AI correct?

The in folder mods 16:9 and 412 should be applied in what order?

Also, the "update.7z" is that last?   I'm assuming the order is important. All three of these are available on the 1st page of links  of this thread.
I suppose you want the flyable version:
- download the archives PBM_Mariner_v2 and PBM_Mariner_update_v2a
- PBM_Mariner_v2 : install the 3 archive folders in your MODS folder
- in folder 06__PBM_Mariner_v2 take the contents of the archive "_Mariner 412-413 patch" and paste it into the folder "06__PBM_Mariner_v2" by accepting the overwriting of existing files.

- take the contents of the archive "PBM_Mariner_update_v2a" and paste it into your MODS folder by accepting the overwriting of existing files.

It's simple!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 26 queries.