Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Beacon question  (Read 670 times)

ol' Navy

A Beacon question
« on: August 12, 2017, 06:11:37 PM »

Not sure how technical this is - I have keys assigned to next and previous beacons.  Have the play music switch on, music volume turned up all the way.  Realistic navigation.  But when I hit the key for next beacon all I get is some static, occasionally a beep or two, and the caption "Beacon A.M. Non-directional".  No music.  This is in BAT, one of the new Sealion campaigns.  What did I do wrong/not do?  Does that sound normal or am I missing something?  Thank you for any advice and help.

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
Re: A Beacon question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 06:59:54 PM »

You may not be within range of the beacon(s).

Make a mission in your FMB including a/some beacons/radio stations  within a circle of about 150 km.
Plot a flight inside the circle.
Fly the mission and see what you pick up.

Kopfdorfer

Alex840

Re: A Beacon question
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:22:33 PM »

I had the same problem since the Expansion pack ten or eleven, I don't remember each one. So I have found that the expansion introduced a feature that considers all ships in the mission as radio beacons. The problem is that IL-2 has a beacon limit for each side, and if you have more beacons than the limit, only the first ones listed in the mission file (chief and NStationary) until reach the limit will work when you cycle the beacons. In a mission with a plenty of ships, the problem you described may occur.

So the solution that I have found is to open the mission file, go to NStationary section and put the lines with broadcasting radions and beacons on top, before the lines declaring the ships. But I have not tested if this work if you have a plenty of ships that are moving (declared in the Chiefs section).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 26 queries.