Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT  (Read 35022 times)

Von Libin

• Daniel "TJ" von Libin
    • Simus-Paradise
Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2018, 04:11:34 PM »

I really want to thank everyone I do not know about who contributed to this wonderful simulation, especially for this marvelous WW1 campaign for DoF(I'd just flight the first but I have already saw 8 on YT). Eternal gratitude for this enormous job.

JonRedcorn

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2019, 05:29:29 PM »

followed the instructions to place these files into my bat install and now it just crashes. Why does nothing work? Trying to do anything in this game is incredibly frustrating. I just completely messed up my bat install for the second time. meh. The game still launches in WAW mode, but DOF crashes on launch.

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 06:08:57 PM »

followed the instructions to place these files into my bat install and now it just crashes. Why does nothing work? Trying to do anything in this game is incredibly frustrating. I just completely messed up my bat install for the second time. meh. The game still launches in WAW mode, but DOF crashes on launch.

Just a question, are you changing the era on the selector screen?
4th Generation Intel

JonRedcorn

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2019, 06:09:20 PM »

Just a question, are you changing the era on the selector screen?

Yeah with the il2 selector. DOF won't boot past 60% now.

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2019, 06:17:10 PM »

Something is messed up... Maybe ask vampire_pilot... I can only say my install works perfect... Sorry you're going through this (computer issues frustrates me to no end)
4th Generation Intel

JonRedcorn

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2019, 06:48:01 PM »

It never ends with this game  ;D

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2019, 07:20:41 PM »

DOF won't boot past 60% now.

No wonder. I just dled this stuff to be sure and with the second dl there comes a folder who overwrites
the stationary- and the technics.ini files in DOFs std folder (also 3 FM files in classes_FM are replaced).
I'm pretty sure the 60% CTD comes from this.

Sorry to say: this thread is outdated as it is now. The last time Monty updated the 1st post
and the dl links is August 2017.

I added a warning to 1st post, hopefully someone finds the time and will check this.

Why does nothing work?
It never ends with this game
It can be frustrating sometimes .. thats modding.  ;)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

JonRedcorn

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2019, 07:42:45 PM »

NO FULL QUOTES PLEASE!

Thanks for the help, is there any way I can fix the dof folder?

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2019, 10:15:08 PM »

Fix is quite easy. What version are you on?
if you are up to date, simply reinstall your last BAT pack on top again, which should be 3.6 + 3.6.1 patch.

The old downloads are removed for now - I have no idea why Monty did what he did there but this is potentially dangerous by now. I never would deliver game changing files along a campaign, exactly because things like that happen. It's inadvisable for campaign makers do do such things in general.

... They will also be included in the next B.A.T. Expansion - Part 14 - Angels High, along with Vampire_Pilot's Italian Front Winter Map and many other new WWI addons, enhancements and fixes.

This means the additions were put into BAT anyway by Monty, just as it is to be expected.
I'll check and see if a cleaned up download set can be established.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2019, 10:49:18 PM »

Done, downloads reinstated with a new Download 2 without the outdated game files.

JonRedcorn

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2019, 05:31:59 AM »

Done, downloads reinstated with a new Download 2 without the outdated game files.

You are a life saver! Thank you very much for the help. I didn't even notice a patch came out for 3.6. I'll have to download that.

Unca-Fester

• Graduate of the Dirk Gently School of mucking about.
  • Modder
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2019, 06:30:12 AM »

Love using this campaign mod.

Although I have a minor quibble with the historical accuracy of there being effective AA units as early as the first skirmishes in "Race to the Sea", and that the CP AA units have the firepower and accuracy of WWII.

There was a somewhat contemptuous RFC comment about Central Powers AA in the early and midwar period.  Quoted from a popular London theater show,  "Archibald!?  Certainly Not!"  Meaning that there was a lot of noise and smoke made but the chances of being downed by AA when on patrol at 4000' and higher was very slim.

I've had 4 kites shot out from under me in as little as 6 missions.  The there's this other problem in the later half of the Race to the Sea campaign where the German airfield to the North of Arras is under some intensely weird and frame rate hogging Entente AA attack.

There are these what I can only call 'Christmas light string' lines of AA explosions tracing all over the German airfield  A line typically about 2 or more miles long of about 20 or so simultaneous AA busts cutting random paths all over the air over the target airfield It makes any operation occurring in the vicinity of this airfield a frame-rate stuttering nightmare.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 27 queries.