Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Expansion Pack 10 Problems and Observations  (Read 4633 times)

wackywings

Expansion Pack 10 Problems and Observations
« on: April 05, 2017, 04:31:01 PM »

To start off with, a big THANK YOU to all who are involved in BAT productions! Here are just a few things that I noticed after I went through the Checkpoint process and upgraded to Expansion Pack 10.
     The new Spitfire V cockpit fix now included in Exp. 10 seems to have a problems on the port-side cockpit wall with several of the small door stencils and the throttle quadrant being askew :

This of course affects pits from the MkVc_Late, SpitfireVCs_AAA UI 1.1_4.12, and Aboukir v5 packs that are already part of BAT. I tested all of the Mk Vs in the game plus the Seafire Mk IIc Aboukir and found 18 examples of planes with the problem. (I'll provide the names of all of those if requested). Let me also say that this problem was noticed with no new add ons placed in the new WAW2 folder and nothing engaged through JSGME.

One other problem I noticed afterward was with the gear doors on Curtiss Tomahawk IIa, IIb, and the H81A-2:

When you engage the new ALT_Pilot via JSGME it causes the gear fairing doors to display on the aircraft perpendicular to where they should be. This only affects these 3 planes as the US P-40B, P-40C, the the Warhawks display fine with the new pilot option.

And if anyone else besides me is wondering where their Cessna O-1 on floats was, it is hiding in the multi1 folder behind the L-5 on floats which is still in the us folder.

Anyway, I hope this helps and I also hope that I am not the only one experiencing these problems. Again, my thanks to all who have worked on the BAT project! I love the F2H Banshee and especially the re-work of all of the ordinance package. Great job, guys!

Best regards,
            -Wackywings

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: Expansion Pack 10 Problems and Observations
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 06:25:03 AM »

Hello wackywings

Please bear in mind that B.A.T. is one of the most complex Il2 mod projects ever undertaken.  Each Expansion, each stage, is designed to advance but cannot possibly solve everything all at once.  While new observations are welcome, stuff that we aware of is also carefully noted in the attached readme textfile.

I hadn't really noticed the small issues with the Vc cockpit, and it still doesn't bother me really, but I'm sure it can be further refined.

The New Pilots Mod was clearly flagged as experimental.  Anything of this scale, that affects so many meshes, is bound to bend a few things out of shape which is why everyone was warned and provided with the choice of whether to switch it on or off.  Some headless pilots and the screwed up P-40 gear doors are a direct effect of this mod and not a more general issue.

The Bird-Dog Floatplane isn't hiding anywhere;  Seaplanes are always placed together in a group of their own lower down the overall planelist, its there.  8)

Recently I have gone through the Pilots mod again and cleaned out a lot of mesh errors, maybe even all of them, and recompiled the JSGME Option.  I think you will be pleased to see those results in Expansion Eleven, out very shortly.  Its designed as a clean drop in install so please ensure you have clean #MOD folders to accept it.  You will be able to give it all a close look later on this weekend I reckon.  ;D

SAS~Monty27

wackywings

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 09:09:23 AM »

Hi Monty27,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry if it seemed that I was nitpicking in my post. Believe me, I understand the scope of your project and all of the effort that goes into it to make it happen. I want to thank you all again for what you are doing for the Il-2 community. BTW, I did find the O-2 Float model but had to choose another nationality other than US in QMB for it to show up. If I choose "US", I get the old L-5 Float model (at least in my install).
      Thanks again and I eagerly await your future expansion packs!

Best regards,
                             -Wackywings 

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 09:20:25 AM »

Not nitpicking at all - good feedback.  I believe we shall eventually solve everything we can and B.A.T. is already much better than ever before.

There is no longer any problem selecting the Bird-Dog but it is important you have clean MOD Folders to proceed from Expansion Nine.  After Nine, you need the clean Checkpoint folders, then Ten.  See how Eleven goes for you, if done cleanly this will solve a lot of issues...

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 11:07:17 AM »

The new Spitfire V cockpit fix now included in Exp. 10 seems to have a problems on the port-side cockpit wall with several of the small door stencils and the throttle quadrant being askew :

It was the best I could do without reworking the MAT files. Better like this than what it was before that.

bestekampfpilot58

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 09:06:00 PM »

Salute all,
Hi Monty,
Thought that I'd check in with a report on some errors that I discovered in the past 12 hours or and my solutions for these problems.

This mod, #WAW Alt Pilots, caused the following errors in game (my game) The HE100d pilot had NO head! All of the late model P47'S
P47D-30,-40. P47M. P47N, and the P47Mk2 would not load but had a 'mission loading fail null' error.
The Dornier D0335A6 night fighter would cause a black screen (!) then you'd get booted back to QMB!It took me several hours to figure
out what was going on. But as soon as I deactivated #WAW Alt Pilots, ALL of those planes ran just perfectly!!  ;D 8)

I was unaware until just this posting, that other users were having the same prob with the Alt pilot mod, so that's a relief!!!
(Duh!, perhaps I should have checked back HERE sooner!!
    :-[ :-[

I also found two map errors that I do not know how to fix...This map, Pacific Rabaul Beta, caused this error, 'Mission loading error', landscape
Rabaul Beta/load.ini loading error? Furthermore this map, ER Philippines comes back with a 'Data File corrupt' error message?
(Whats interesting about this error, is the fact that you CAN access the Philippines map via FMB, and actually ZOOM down on the map and see details? But
when you select the 'fly' button back in QMB, then the 'Data File' error pops up)

I also noticed that on the P47N and some other later model P47'S there are only one or two streams of tracers, not eight streams. However I've
seen that error before, so no big deal..  I HOPE that my installation was NOT responsible for some or all of these map errors, I did follow instructions,
and there are NO third party mods in my game! I ONLY have SAS mods installed.
All in all, I've VERY impressed by Bat 10!!! The MAPS, the SOUNDS!, Good WORK!! I LOVE the Heinkel He219A 'Uhu! WOW!! My favorite plane in the game!!

As of this writing BAT 10 is running just GREAT!!

Recommendations?, suggestions, ideas on the map issues?
Thank you for your attention, and responses....

Horrido!

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 11:32:49 PM »

The Do 335A-6 night fighter would be corrected if you would change to the other set of DLLs. Now about the others, SAS~Monty27 explained that Alt Pilots are exactly alternative because it's in progress. These ones they are working fine in MY install, but I needed to share with all you people so we can make a stable version for everyone.

bestekampfpilot58

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 11:40:10 PM »

Hi FANATIC MODDER,

I didn't "change to the other set of DLL'S", I just turned off the mod in JSGME and by default it
worked.. ;) I didn't know that the 'standard' textures would work, and I was kinda freaked out
by the reaction of the D0335 night fighter! :o Caution guided me..I'll try the upgraded version in
Bat 11..
Thanks.. :)
Horrido!

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 12:20:29 AM »

Yes, for the Do 335A-6 ONLY, it should have worked by changing the other set of DLLs. Let's see how it goes now with the new version.

bestekampfpilot58

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 01:15:44 AM »

FANATIC MODDER,
I had a question for you, is there any way to increase the 'burn time' of destroyed enemy aircraft on the ground?
I was just zipping around in TGA module, and with a Fiat G50 I was strafing some i15-chatos on a Spanish airfield!
Loved it!! But the aircraft that I shot up, and lit on fire didn't burn very long at all! Maybe 3 minutes at most? I've
tried different effects mods before where the burning planes would burn for about 20-30? minutes!! Is that possible
with BAT? I'd sure like to see that!!  ;) ;D
Thanks!
Horrido!

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 01:52:03 AM »

Of course it's possible, but people are trying to make the whole installation as 'light' as possible. Possilbly in this particular mission it would have been fine but for example think a typical eastern front mission with about 40-50 planes involved and IL-2 or Ju 87 trying to straff enemy positions, so with even more ground explosions. But you should talk with people that they create effects mods about this.

bestekampfpilot58

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 02:33:02 AM »

FANATIC MODDER,

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. Yes, your pilots seem to work fine in BAT11!! I do see a distinct difference in appearance, good work!
I did get BAT 11 to run and it runs just about perfect !! I'll look around and see if I can chase down some 'effects people' and ask about that
static plane 'burn time.'
Thanks again for your new 'default pilots!'  :)

Horrido!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 26 queries.