Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Piper J3 Cubs - Own Slots  (Read 24458 times)

ponyboy314

Re: Piper J3 Cubs - Own Slots
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2021, 08:28:35 PM »

Which, farting around this site, I just found out.  Damn.

Oh, and also, I never had occasion to put anything the Stationary.  I don't know if that matters.

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2021, 01:38:11 AM »

Mate, if you're having so much difficulty it might be an idea to download BAT
It will give you all the aircraft you're trying to insert into your game ....and a whole lot more
It's very easy to set up ( even I can do it  :D)
This floundering around trying and failing to insert mods will destroy any enjoyment you have with IL 2.......

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

cbradbury

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2021, 03:27:52 AM »

Mate, if you're having so much difficulty it might be an idea to download BAT
It will give you all the aircraft you're trying to insert into your game ....and a whole lot more
It's very easy to set up ( even I can do it  :D)
This floundering around trying and failing to insert mods will destroy any enjoyment you have with IL 2.......

Cheers

Alfie

Absolutely, Alfie.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2021, 03:46:54 AM »

Hello again ponyboy314, we seem to be going all over the place with this and not getting far, such is modding for you, I agree with Alfie that downloading B.A.T might be your best bet as it is the most up to date mod pack at the moment. ;)

Anyway, back to your question about about your air.ini., yes, that is what is known as 'comment out' it stops the game reading that particular line, using that and adding the minus to a folder means it will be missed in the games search when loading from the mod folder, things in the mod folder are loaded before those already in the game class files.

I assume the other aircraft listed are your additions to what was already in your install, D.B.W or whatever, are they all working?

This will seem a odd question but have you checked the aircraft you are adding are not already in your mod pack? 

Even though D.B.W is quite old now it is possible there is some individual still adding patches even for new released stuff, I do not know because I dumped mine long ago, however, what you do not want to do is add something in that is already there because normally things added to mod packs are the most up to date with all necessary fixes made of reported bugs, adding a older version will break things.

Sometimes, there are many instances where the link in the first post of any thread is not necessarily the most up to date.  Fixes are added by various folks in the thread but not always added to the first page to replace the original link which is why I advise checking through the thread and also making sure your mod pack does not already have them.

The Helldiver is from the FreeIL_2Modding site and they are best to help you with it, I will say again that the best thing you can do is go to that thread and read through it carefully, there are a few pages but it might be someone already experienced the issue you have with that particular aircraft and added a fix, those fixes might have been added to a updated link in the first post of the thread, however, they might not.  I think the Helldiver is from Barnsey, he is usually very thorough but always check everything.

That particular aircraft has a number of variants like the Piper, it is a set, they all work for me in 4.12, however, I think they were made for 4.12 but I might be wrong so they might not work in 4.10, you need to be sure that the set is for the game version you add it to and does not require any dependency such as cockpit, FM or weapons pack to make it function.  Can they be used individually or do you have to install them all?  Check!  Sometimes there might be a link that points to a earlier mod you also need to install to help them function, you have to do the legwork on this, none of us will do it for you, check, check and check again.

Sorry to keep repeating these things but to save yourself trouble you need to develop this mentality.

Many mods over the years have been released without being finished, we are not all masters of modding, each of us can do somethings better than others, however, some we just cannot do and so release things to the community in the hope they can join the dots and make things work.

I have B.A.T myself but usually do not add anything to it, not that I cannot, just that I know when it is patched any issues with things added in are sorted, no headache that way. :D  My main install is just for modding or just seeing what happens with new stuff, I play in B.A.T.  ;)

A bit more useless information for you just to overload your already messed up head, seaplanes, if you move a floater made with 4.10 classfiles into a later version such as 4.12 it will not use the water based airfields it should.  If you put a floater made using 4.12 classfiles into a 4.10 install it will crash it.  For some strange reason T.D, those still officially updating IL-2 for 1C changed the name in the class from Sailplane to Seaplane, or the other way around, I forget. o_O  Yeah, why?  Who knows but this is what you have to contend with, get a modpack and leave things as they are. :D

Apologies for prattling on again, writing this while having my morning cuppa.

Or was, it is nearly dinner time now, health issues mean it takes me a while to write, thinking takes even longer. :P

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

ponyboy314

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2021, 02:56:32 PM »

I am running DGW 4.10.1

I can't be sure, but I think the problem might be involving the FM.

That seems to have been the problem with some other aircraft not working, as I had to manually remove the FM from the 4.10 folder in the main download in those.  Old hat to you all, I know.

But here in this download, there are two FMs, L-5 and Bird Dog, and I have tried with both and one or the other, but there is always a crash to desktop.

This is complicated. 

ponyboy314

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2021, 04:23:00 PM »

I have a dumb question.

Do I have to install this mod...

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44484.0.html

...before I download this one?

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,54685.0.html

Or am I just deranged?

Type83Fighter

• It needs a tailhook.
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2021, 04:12:08 AM »

The link for the first one doesn't appear to be working (the active links are for the wheel fixes)

The second one works, so would be my guess.

If there is a dependency, the modder will usually include that in the first post (To use this mod, you'll need [names] original mod [link]). Sometimes it takes a bit of digging through the subsequent posts to find if an additional file/fix is needed if the installation doesn't work or something appears missing (assuming you have installed it correctly).
"You seem to be disappointed in my efforts only because my efforts were disappointing"

ponyboy314

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2021, 02:46:30 PM »

The link for the first one doesn't appear to be working (the active links are for the wheel fixes)

The second one works, so would be my guess.

If there is a dependency, the modder will usually include that in the first post (To use this mod, you'll need [names] original mod [link]). Sometimes it takes a bit of digging through the subsequent posts to find if an additional file/fix is needed if the installation doesn't work or something appears missing (assuming you have installed it correctly).

I tried it every which-a-way, with the Bird Dog, the Cocaine Smuggler version, the L-72, the L-5 (which I already had because of DBW), and this Piper Mod simply will not work.  Always Crash to Desktop at 60%.

I guess this must be some kind of "never meant to be" type of thing. 

I wonder if I should just use BAT

ponyboy314

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2021, 02:52:00 PM »

Actually, I just read up on BAT, and...100GB without skins?  Wow, I'd need some NASA supercomputer for that!

Okay then, DBW it is...

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2021, 04:23:49 PM »

But I don't want to eat my Soup!

Dunno where I heard that before?
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Vasya

ponyboy314

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2021, 07:47:05 PM »

I have a dumb question.

Do I have to install this mod...

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44484.0.html

...before I download this one?

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,54685.0.html

Or am I just deranged?
FIX.  :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/131k-wlav27ViE-U2sVuPuWqSmoyj_zIK/view?usp=sharing

I added those files in this download to the main folder for the Piper Cub, replacing files as needed.  Still CTD at 60%.

Must be something I'm not seeing.

I must be doing something wrong.  Still don't know what.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 24 queries.