Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: = Victor's Sound Mod (VSM) = v3.0  (Read 44868 times)

victor639514

• Modder
Re: = Victor's Sound Mod (VSM) =
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2018, 07:59:39 AM »

That "clack" sound is just part of the engine rattle inside the cockpit. It's not a sound glitch with your system. Just part of the audio sample being used for the 2000 RPM.
Hey, get that inertia started!

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2018, 09:35:21 PM »

You misunderdtood Victor its the button click sound in my UI that has changed, I cant get the old one i used to have back?
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

Geoweb35

« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2018, 12:28:43 AM »

That "clack" sound is just part of the engine rattle inside the cockpit. It's not a sound glitch with your system. Just part of the audio sample being used for the 2000 RPM.

The rest of the sounds are perfect but this clank noise is annoying and i can't play this game with this plane,can you make a small mod to remove only that clank noise?? or at least small instruction with how to remove it?Thanks

Fly!

• Modder
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2018, 04:04:37 PM »

DL Goldwave sound editor and select the part of the .wav without the offending clunk and copy to desktop, then play it looped 3x to see if it's ok. Or select the part of the original .wav with the clunk and delete it, then play it looped, although this method often leads to clipping(static-like sounds). You can always hit the undo arrow in the menu to return to the original.

I/JG7_Killerfliege

« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2018, 05:30:11 AM »

First of all: AWESOME WORK VICTOR!!! These sounds are just phenomenal.

I have got a little question concerning HSFX:

I noticed that the German MG131 and the MG17 and the MGFF sounds do not work in HSFX but they do in BAT. I don't know why this is. Even putting the concerning wma and preset files into my mysamples and mypresets folder won't work. Do you have any idea, why this is?

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »

Greetings, all!  ;D

It's been a while since I last popped up with an update in regards to my sound mod and so forth, but to keep things a little up to speed, here's the news thus far. Ever since my last version of VSM 4.0, I have taken a long and much needed break from sound modding (particularly out of no choice because of Hurricane Maria hitting us down here in Puerto Rico, and also due to my old ASUS laptop dying out). But with my new LENOVO which I acquired this February, I can return to my own little workshop without hassle!

Now, on to my sound mod as it is, I'd like to put my foot down for a moment. As much as I enjoyed laboring away at helping B.A.T.'s soundscape grow and flourish, I have decided to gear my works specifically towards the VP ModPack. It's sweet, simple, and has just enough wonderful content for my IL-2 installation without the looming concern for an external hard drive (but that's just my personal preference talking... *cough* :-X) Case in point, this mod is where I'll be pouring in most of my audio works for IL-2.

But enough with the jargon. What in the name of Jeremiah something something has been going on with me and my audio works on this mod?... Well.. plenty! MUCH has been done with it since last time. Sound effects have been enhanced, .prs files have been tinkered with a tad further, engines sound FAR greater, and a few other unmentioned details lying around here and there. Needless to say, the next update for this sound mod should be a most prominent one indeed.  ;) I can't promise an exact release date, but you'll know as soon as it's up and running.

In the meantime, keep your mechanics working hard and your pilots well equipped on standby! Their warbirds shall be polished and touched up for their next sortie!

I'll be seeing ya'! ^ ^

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2018, 12:50:59 PM »

Hi victor639514,

The stability and consistency your sound mod brought to all four B.A.T. modules is priceless. I cannot thank you enough. Looking forward to new releases (in any form / for any modpack)

Thank you and keep up the good mood :)
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2018, 08:39:40 PM »

@whistler ~ Thank you! ^_^

Oh, and quick pop-in!

For those of you looking for my sound mod's older downloads, don't worry. The keepsake sound downloads for WAW, DOF, TGA, JTW, etc will still remain intact and available for use. So, to that end as to avoid clutter on this post, I shall upload my latest version of the sound mod in a separate post when it's done.

Yup. Same title, but new and hopefully improved quality. ;)

Treetop64

Re: = Victor's Sound Mod (VSM) = v3.0
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2018, 07:54:47 AM »

Just discovered your sound mod.  Downloaded and installed WaW v4.0 package with the patch.  Played through some recent replays...

...wow. (O.O)

These sounds are absolutely phenomenal!

You're done one hell of a job.  By far the best sound package out there.  Not only does it sound great, but it is obvious that you paid a lot of attention to detail, consistency, and compensation for volume.  No one sound unduly overwhelms another and everything is well "packaged".  No one engine sound tries too hard to sound "cool" or overbearingly authentic.  Interior gun noises are appropriately muted.  Everything sounds as it should.  Distant sounds are especially notable.

You did it right.  Bravo!

Thank you so much for resisting the temptation to add the "canned" flyby sounds.  That is something I've always detested, especially since I have modified flyby parameters and the canned sounds simply don't mesh with what is seen.  Besides, I've always felt that if the actual sounds were done right then there would be no need for artificial flyby sounds in the first place, something your package does very well.

P.S. - Regarding the previously-mentioned random "clack" sound - Please check to make sure you're not leaving the SAS site up while playing.  The lower chat window makes that sound every time someone posts and you will hear it while the game is running.  I made the same mistake of thinking it was an issue with the sound package, until I came here to post and realized where it was coming from.

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2018, 09:53:45 AM »

@Treetop64

Many thanks for the kind words! ^ ^ I strive to give these aircraft a decent enough voice, given how their engines all have sounds that distinguish themselves from one another.

There's actually a new and improved version of my sound mod in the works, but it's mostly WW2-oriented. I do hope though that when it's done, you guys have as much fun with the sounds as I have in working on them.

Treetop64

« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2018, 10:09:10 AM »

I couldn't resist returning for another post - you replied as I was typing, BTW  :)).

I cannot find any fault with this sound package.  One of the things (in a long list of things) that impresses me most is how different, specific engines sound the way they should.  Especially the big 9-cylinder stubby exhaust types (I-16, I-153, Brewster Buffalo, FM-2, etc.) that other sound packages seem to always get wrong.  They have a very distinctive ratchety sound to them and you replicated it well here.  The same level of attention is paid to other engine types as well.

You clearly made a lot of effort to make the engines sound as closely to what one would hear in the actual aircraft (inside and out), as opposed to "going Hollywood".  Your attention to detail is worth noting.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

If it sounds like I'm excited about these sounds, well, I am.  For years the one glaring weak point with this game has been the sounds, such that I actually preferred many of the default sounds over add-ons.

Thanks a million!

blackshark

« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2018, 07:56:26 AM »

I have a question: is this mod for all "sounds" in IL2 or only plane engine and guns ? Are ships and ground Anti-Aircraft, Flak and explosions included in this mod ?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 25 queries.