Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mini map in game  (Read 2506 times)

Sharkzz

Mini map in game
« on: February 10, 2017, 06:38:05 AM »

G'day there a thankyou. I am enjoying BAT very very much. One  problem that I seem to have is that when pulling up the map while flying, I get the "new" mini map, which I cannot change the zoom in and out of  . I have mouse wheel zoom working in view etc in cockpit as well as in the start up map screen of the mission I am using. I am using track ir which is fine. I can right click map which then allows me to choose  the various configurations, which is fine,, but I don't have the ability to zoom in and out of the "normal" map view. I wandered if there is a way to fix this or maybe reset the old style map view, because it is my understanding the new  mini map views we have in BAT WAW etc is the latest PAL mini map mod yes ? ... is there a way to disable it ? as I couldn't find it in any of the folders in the game.
Thanks, and is there a work around via conf.ini is there a way to use the number pad + & - keys to make the mini map zoom in and out ? I am lost .
thanks again for a ripper mod/s
~S~
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

Captain Dawson

Re: Mini map in game
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:58:49 AM »

I can confirm this in my BAT install. It takes a very long time to scroll the map and see something on the opposite side of the map!  :P
"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 03:21:38 PM »

There is a key assigment for 'mousemode'.  Maybe its possible to use this to switch off mousemode when you wish to zoom the map.  Keymapping can be a bit of a pain, and there a lot more functions in there now, but the solution is in there.

By building in various utilities, and ensuring they are always active, we have eliminated the TD 'Lastquick' bug, or rather Pablo did.  Going back to a situation where we switch these options on and off will de-stabilise what we built.  Remming out the 'Activator' folder for example will just crash you before you start.

We tried to make a good common mod install but the variety of setups and customs confounds even this sometimes...

Sharkzz

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 10:56:05 PM »

~S~ G'day Monty and thanks for the reply m8.
I agree that BAT is a real beaut mod and I am more than happy to cope with what is just an annoyance and not a real problem in regards to BAT. I have been shying away from playing with Keymapping because as you say it is a bit of a pain, but I suppose I gotta learn it sometime eh ? LOL. & I most certainly do not want to de stabilise  my game ! .... it has ALL the things I love in it, thanks to you and ALL the other modders , which has made our sim SO much more than what it was from it's inception many moons ago.I can copy and place in a safe place as many safety back ups as I need so I know I won't be stuffing my game up, too easy  :)   . So thanks again and hope your new year is a ripper. hooroo m8 till later
regards
Sharkzz
ps. if I find a work around I will reply back here for others who are finding a similar problem .
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 10:25:02 PM »

You GOTTA go keymapping mate!  Not least because there is a shedload of new functions you won't have otherwise, especially for the jets.

Sharkzz

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 05:18:42 AM »

Mini Map in Game SOLVED.
Heya Monty bro. thanks for your heads up before ... it really helped..
And @ Captain Dawson  ...   try this please.
I found that having assigned ZOOM in game controls . - when you scroll down to the bottom and into the HOTAS section  ..  I had used and assigned - wheel mouse -
you know what I mean, when you open the little window to assign a key etc.
WHAT I DID was to remove the assignment, by just woggling my joystick   :o LOL , now, now, don't be smutty chaps,  and then re set my joystick controls in the HOTAS ie; rudder -elevator etc ... thereby deleting the mouse zoom assignment.
Having done that,  I started a new campaign . AND THEN .... WHACKO ! ... ALL GOOD  & WORKING !   yippee.. I now have mouse zoom in game mini map .. +  right click give mini map options as it should . PHEW .. goes to show perseverance pays.
NOW, Monty old son. I am having a major knee operation on the 28th and will be stuck on my ass for a few weeks , (getting this done before my shoulder replacement  :-[ )

I will have an awesome amount of drugs, and then cram some keymapping studies and learning . I don't want to cheat , but can you direct me to a tutorial in the SAS site that maybe has a good tutorial for good keymapping  skills ? . otherwise I will just have to guess @ most and hope I work it out meself. .. I feel I need to find what my keyboard keys look like written down in text form so I can manually assign stuff.an idiots guide to keymapping would be nice ... I may write one up :)
Big Thanks again Monty, you guys ROCK !
Quick Nurse The Screens ! - (curtesy - Major Denis Bloodnok, IND. ARM. RTD. coward and bar ) -

Odin1one

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 01:54:10 PM »

Is this realy true?
Have to test your solusion as son as Im back from Svalbard.
Hope It will work for me to.. Realy miss the option to zoom in on the map
during the mission.

Sharkzz

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 02:20:05 AM »

G'day Odin m8,
How's the weather in Svalbard ? Being your winter over there I couldn't imagine what it would be like as my winters up here in Australia(Australia being on TOP of the world you know  :D .. ) our winters I can still have a swim without a wetsuit on some days, though I do get ice cream headaches and brass monkeys as well .. no frozen lakes oceans and rivers though .. be awesome to ski down for a surf I reckon.
And I can confirm YES m8 it did work for me, as I had zoom set in HOTAS controls setup. after removing it (as it is in the hotas section, you need to use something like joystick - rudder etc. to replace and remove mouse wheel assignment, then reset your joystick in the rudder section of the HOTAS) this deletes the mouse wheel zoom assignment which then make the in game mini map zoom in and out work with the mouse wheel. good luck bro and clear skies ~S~
Sharkzz

Odin1one

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 09:39:06 AM »

Hi Sharkzz.
Well Im back from Svalbard.
Thanks to your quick and clear explanasion I now can zoom in on the ingame minimap and working as
normal.
Yes it was rather cold at Svalbard. - 13 Celsius and very dark days. The sun do not get over the horizion during the hole day.
It will not do that for one more week I belive. Had a visit to the one departments at Svalbard, by others in Norway we are to have ISO 9001:2015 certificated.
But now Im back home at Fredrikstad Norway.
Tanks! And god hunting...

Sharkzz

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 12:22:09 AM »

G'day Odin m8,
thanks and you are very welcome.
Man, that sounds cold ! :o  it's funny the differences in weather and sunlight we get on our little planet aye, not much sunlight time for you guys in winter, but in your summer you get nearly 24 hours of some sort of light. I have never been out of Oz, but one day would love to visit Europe in both summer and winter.... one day !  :D
cheers again brother.
Sharkzz

Odin1one

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 07:11:41 AM »

Hi.
Well at least you can fly them Close op to reality in Our beutiful sim.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.