Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No catapults on carriers in JTW2  (Read 2056 times)

Mono27

No catapults on carriers in JTW2
« on: February 04, 2017, 01:49:53 PM »

Anybody else have this issue? There are none catapults on any carrier in JTW2 so the jets fall to the water.
Only mine (the plane I am flying). The AI jets take off normally.

Maybe this was asked before. If so I am sorry but couldnt find it.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: No catapults on carriers in JTW2
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 01:53:56 PM »

Players have to taxi own Jets onto the catapult's starting point, and set Chocks.

Alternative, enable Autopilot (usually 'A' key , if you haven't changed that key map) then your jet will jump to the catapult like AI's , then disable Autopilot .... release Chocks by yourself.

Mono27

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 02:13:53 PM »

Thank you!  ;D

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 05:34:22 AM »

B.A.T. - Manual UPDATED with every release:

From page-154: relating to B.A.T. - Expansion Pack SIX

"...Navy Jet takeoff: You may no longer simply activate Autopilot for a full Steam Catapult Takeoff. Autopilot may be used for startup and taxi to the to the cat. At this point you must disable AP and check trim, flaps, spool up to full power and Release Chocks Command to Launch!...

...All previous issues with EngineMOD in B.A.T. #JTW2 have been solved; The full testing regime included - Catapult launches for Panthers off the USS Boxer, FA18s off the USS Oriskany, AVAB Harriers off HMS Hermes Skijump Carrier. This was followed by taxi and in flight starts for all jet types followed by taxi and brake tests for the landing chutes. The AV8B and FA18 were then tested under combat intercept conditions for the radar and missile types. Its all good..."

In case you don't make the Manual every time this instruction was also REPEATED in the attached README with BATEP06.ZIP:

"EngineMOD 2.72W Notes
You may no longer simply activate Autopilot for a full Steam catapult Takeoff.  Autopilot may be used for startup and taxi to the to the cat.  At this point you must disable AP and check trim, flaps, spool up to full power and Release Chocks Command to Launch!"

B.A.T. continues to grow and improve.  So c'mon guys, let's not assume it gets released broken.  Try in future to look at the README when you download something and stay up to date with the Manual if you can too.

I will keep trying...  ::(

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.