Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Runway error on La Chute summer map..........  (Read 4514 times)

benson

Runway error on La Chute summer map..........
« on: February 02, 2017, 07:18:09 AM »

I'm referring to the circular aircraft parking areas on Wattisham Airfield. On my computer from a distance they look fine but in closeup they are just big black squares. I disabled all JSGME mods but still got the same result.

Mono27

Re: Runway error on La Chute summer map..........
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 07:47:23 AM »

I have the same problem. But at least I could get the map to work. In my case I see white squares instead of black but I think we refer to the same problem.

jpten

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 12:31:26 PM »

Are you in 'Perfect' video settings?  Have you tried the 2nd set of DLL in the BAT manual?

benson

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »

I'll check that I'm set in 'Perfect' and no, I never thought to try the other set of DLL. Thanks for the tip jpten.

benson

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »

Ok so I was set in 'Perfect' and the second choice DLLs made no difference but thanks anyway,

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 10:04:42 AM »

No problem with that area on my maps:

Would you please check the sizes of your downloads for BAT01 thru BAT 29 as compared to the sizes listed in the BAT Manual.  We can at least try to confirm the core files were correct for you.  If so, check the EP sizes (EP01, EP02, EP03, EP04, EP05, EP05 part2, EP06).  There must be a difference somewhere.

benson

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 11:59:40 AM »

As I slowly zoom in mine goes from...

to this..................

benson

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 12:13:59 PM »

I checked my install against the B.A.T. pdf and everything seems to be there. I checked BAT 00, 01, 02, 03 and 04 for size, all showed the correct amount of gigabytes and I checked inside each folder for the correct amount of files. All were present. The G.Bs. were also correct for the 4 mod folders.

benson

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 12:30:11 PM »

It also occurs in GilB57's maps, same place same ' object ' that circular parking area.

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 01:54:48 PM »

This looks like the tga file called by the first LOD of the circular plate has got it's transparency removed.
I will see if I can find the correct file for you (I'm not at my gaming machine right now...).

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 01:59:04 PM »

I checked my install against the B.A.T. pdf and everything seems to be there. I checked BAT 00, 01, 02, 03 and 04 for size, all showed the correct amount of gigabytes and I checked inside each folder for the correct amount of files. All were present. The G.Bs. were also correct for the 4 mod folders.

If you have the same folder sizes from page 6 of the BAT Manual, you have something wrong.  Those sizes are for the core BAT install.  After installing the 7 EP's your numbers should not be the same.  That is why I asked you to check your download files for BAT01 thru BAT 29 first.  Those will be the same as listed in the manual on page 133, the installed folders will not.

Regarding the zoomed in view, here is mine:

Looks fine.  Have you tried any other plane than the Lancaster?  Some people have trouble and need to use the "BATDLLS-02" to fix the problem.

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »

It also occurs in GilB57's maps, same place same ' object ' that circular parking area.

As I said, until you fix the installation problem you will keep finding problems I fear...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.