Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing aircraft from air.ini  (Read 1864 times)

btasm

Removing aircraft from air.ini
« on: January 29, 2017, 07:33:31 AM »

If I wanted to reduce the number of aircraft from BAT, let's say from the WAW module, can I simply remove the entries from the #WAW2 air.ini or will this cause an issue?

Any advise would be great.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
Re: Removing aircraft from air.ini
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 07:47:18 AM »

Hello btasm,

if you want to lose aircraft-mods...:

Remove the entries from "air.ini" or remove the mod - your game will crash at 70%.

You have to remove both, the "air.ini" entries and the mod!  ;)

Best regards, Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 07:58:43 AM »

For decreasing aircraft list lines of QMB / FMB , removing air.ini lines of modded aircrafts is OK as btasm thought.
That makes no errors, no crashing.

And it doesn't need "completely removing".
"Comment out" in inserting "// " at non-needed lines' left top, it may work as same as deleted.
You can recover original full aircraft set soon in this way.

If some stock aircraft lines are removed (or commented-out), some QMB missions may loose some waypoints, or more problems I don't assume.
This point needs your care.

BTW, this way affects only aircraft list length, but not for java classfiles loading.
Java classfiles of removed aircrafts are still loaded. Not for clearing "Java wall".

sniperton

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 11:50:35 AM »

This little tool makes it easier to temporarily disable air.ini entries:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2292

btasm

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 07:06:10 PM »

If I understand correctly, I can delete or comment out aircraft provided they are not stock. However, this will not "lighten up" my install.

The reason for asking is that my frame rates in BAT WAW are significantly lower than in JTW, TGA and DOF, which run amazingly smoothly. The striking difference between WAW and the other three modes are the number of aircraft so, I thought deleting unneeded aircraft might address this issue. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Anyway, thanks again.

sniperton

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 04:40:20 AM »

If I understand correctly, I can delete or comment out aircraft provided they are not stock. However, this will not "lighten up" my install.

It depends on the nature of your problem. On my previous PC, which was a very weak one both CPU-wise and GPU-wise, I could not get acceptable frame rates when all 1100 planes were loaded, while I could play WAW relatively smoothly when I used lightened (theatre-based) air.inis with 500-600 planes only. Perhaps BAT is different, but the trick actually worked for me in CUP/WAW.

Play the Black Death track, record your fps, then re-run it with the stock air.ini. If you see any significant difference, you nailed the problem. If not, you may also want to consider that the WAW module may use effects and settings different from those used by other modules, and some maps and towns are real fps-killers independently from the number of planes loaded.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.