Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Me-262 Missing Canopies in BAT  (Read 4729 times)

EHood

• Supporter
Re: Me-262 Missing Canopies in BAT
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 04:52:16 PM »

Yes, Mike, many thanks for the fix.

I do like flying the 262. True, the manner in which the hood opens is wonky; in the cockpit view, the starboard rail seems to slide down the side of the fuselage. That said, I rarely open the canopy on that machine. In fact, if Shawn hadn't so kindly pointed it out, it probably would have been some time before I'd even noticed the oddity. I can easily live with this.

In addition to a note of thanks, again to all concerned, I'd like to refer to something Mike said recently in another thread, about the inevitability of such flaws. Considering the dozens of aircraft now available in Il-2/BAT, and the sheer number of details in each individual type, the fact that such flaws don't occur more often is - and I mean this in the original sense of the word - awesome. Once again, many thanks to all involved.  ;D

EDIT: Weird. 10,000 miles apart, and Monty and I just posted in this thread more or less simultaneously. The fix at the other end of the link Monty supplied in Reply #9, above, results in a canopy which does open correctly:

Hana hou!

EH
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Dastardly

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 06:26:07 PM »

That the helos are in the pipeline is very good news. I like flying nearly everything, but helos have a very special feel about them, they're a little tricky to fly, but that's how I like it, difficult planes and difficult women..., and you can't fly much lower than with a heli! I've been looking for a good helo sim for a loooong time, looks like I may have finally found it! (special thanks to BT~Wasted and Benitomuso).
I've done some 3D modding in the past, don't like coding to much... have a bug allergy. Time is of course a problem, for everyone, I'm amazed (and very thankful) that you guys squeeze out the time for this (just the free customer(user) support is better than anything I've paid for!). If there's any contribution (even if tiny) that I can make it would be my pleasure, maybe fixing dials to a cockpit would be a good way to start? Or possibly I've a wrong perception of this, I presume one has to define 3D reference points... If you have a pointer to where I could read up on this it would be great. I love READING manuals by the way!(especially yours of course!). For the record I've been with Il2 since the first demo, UP, DBW, CUP, it's been a long and pleasurable ride, and even in the times when I thought it had come to an end (sacrilege!) I'd turn around and it's stronger and better than ever! Maybe I can give a little back to those who've given me so much over so many years (churchillesque?), and even if not please take this as a sign of my sincerest gratitude.
I reeeeaaally can't wait for your future campaigns, they are (IMHO) the showcase of Il2 (the attention to detail), the absolute D's B's, how one envisions Il2 in one's dreams, ok lets just say they're bloody good.
My apologies, I hijacked the thread in the first place, will check the hinge fix and be on topic next post promise.

Shawn BeBeau

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 09:15:15 PM »

That fix worked perfect. Thanks again guys!!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 09:36:09 PM »

That fix worked perfect. Thanks again guys!!

Its a good compromise - that's the one to go into BATEP07 then.  ;D

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 02:57:34 AM »

Sorry for the opening canopy issue.
Weird thing.
I've released an updated version of the Patch here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,53814.0.html
It basically resembles Simon's "dirty trick" in a lean and clean way, putting the blister in it's correct position.

As Simon mentioned already, all these patches are interchangeable.
Throw one on top of the other and keep what you like best.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 05:39:27 AM »

Weird thing.
I've released an updated version of the Patch here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,53814.0.html
It basically resembles Simon's "dirty trick" in a lean and clean way, putting the blister in it's correct position.

Best regards - Mike

Thanks Mike, this is even better as it keeps the odd wiring.  Then again you have been doing these 'dirty tricks' a lot longer than me!  I like the fact that this fix is so conveneint for putting different photos in the cockpit.  Might make a JSGME 262 Cockpit photo album, only for the discerning gentlemen of course!

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 11:28:17 AM »

Weird thing.

Best regards - Mike

Thanks Mike, this is even better as it keeps the odd wiring.  Then again you have been doing these 'dirty tricks' a lot longer than me!  I like the fact that this fix is so conveneint for putting different photos in the cockpit.  Might make a JSGME 262 Cockpit photo album, only for the discerning gentlemen of course!

THAT'S the one, solved indeed, with the link in Reply #16, above:

Once again, Mike, Simon, many thanks.

EH
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 08:46:02 AM »

Hi Erwin

This fix, with others, will be smoothly included in B.A.T. Expansion Pack Seven - Nobody will even notice. The perfect crime!

8)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 25 queries.