Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange water issue totally unrelated to BAT  (Read 4561 times)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
Re: Strange water issue in BAT
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2017, 11:13:55 AM »

i noticed in bat the wave troughs were shallower in open sea almost like river water compered to cup and the white caps were missing on top of waves compared to cup,simons last update for bat addressed this issue of whitecaps in open sea,although in my install its still not quite as good as cup but at least their back.im sure effects will be tweaked in future updates.kev.

1sz: No BAT issue, a map "issue".

2nd:
For maps with rivers on non sea level altitude, e.g. mountain maps or coastal maps with rivers...:
Quoting myself from another post.. :P
"you have two options: Water all at zero with huge Canyons (when lakes are inside high areas, same for rivers) or water more or less at surrounding elevation with the visual bug and danger to fly in when at nap of the earth.."

3rd:
My tip: Live with it.
Alternatively, learn to use "Coast align" from the modders mapmodders tutorial section and align the coast along sea coasts.
For rivers, that is a typical IL-2 issue.

For trees in water, that has also to do with textures used for trees and can be solved on load.ini to map tex level

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
Re: Strange water issue totally unrelated to BAT
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 06:44:06 PM »

Elevated water anomalies on some maps, preventing their use by seaplanes inland, is related to the construction of the maps themselves.

It is not related to B.A.T., C.U.P. or anything else that simply installs and uses maps but does not change them.  In this regard I find the thread title inaccurate and un-necesarily alarming.  Makes it sound like B.A.T. has caused a problem, which it hasn't.

I strongly recommend that thread titles are unfair to blame B.A.T. right from the off.  Mention the problem by all means but if you start off by singling out B.A.T. as the culprit you lead everyone off in the wrong direction.  In future I will not respond to misleading titles in threads.

Lets just set this straight, I was not trying to blame BAT. Perhaps you misunderstood my intent? If it was only a BAT issue, someone else would have posted about it by now. I labeled the thread "BAT" because people get slammed for posting without specifying their game version. I want to make everyone sure I have posted in the right section. I do not really care what causes the issue, I just want to focus on the solution!  :)  We all know you have spent a huge amount of time and energy in BAT, and you try to fix issues as you can. I don't know about other posters, but I don't blame the mod makers by asking them for help in fixing it.  :)  I do mean this in all seriousness. No hard feelings?  :)

Mention the problem by all means but if you start off by singling out B.A.T. as the culprit you lead everyone off in the wrong direction.

Maybe you misunderstood my intentions? Do you like thread title now?  :) lol

Strange water issue totally unrelated to BAT - Excellent title for thread - although it need not be here then really...  ;D

No misunderstanding and we are all here to help and interested in the issues raised.  However, it is a valid point that if we have too narrow a focus, and mistakenly finger the mod install, then we don't solve anything.

Captain Dawson

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2017, 04:24:28 PM »

Maybe you misunderstood my intentions? Do you like thread title now?  :) lol

Strange water issue totally unrelated to BAT - Excellent title for thread - although it need not be here then really...  ;D

No misunderstanding and we are all here to help and interested in the issues raised.  However, it is a valid point that if we have too narrow a focus, and mistakenly finger the mod install, then we don't solve anything.

Well said Monty! I will be sure to not jump to conclusions next time.   :)

My tip: Live with it.
Alternatively, learn to use "Coast align" from the modders mapmodders tutorial section and align the coast along sea coasts.
For rivers, that is a typical IL-2 issue.

I'd love to learn map modding, but the couple hours a week I have isn't enough to accomplish much. I pick "Live with it"  :)

Thank you for your help guys!

"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

baggo

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »

sas tom 2.when I explained about the difference in the water ie.shallower troughs and loss of whitecaps compered to cup I was using the exact same mission in bat as I had used in cup,and the difference was there to be seen. not a map issue but a reduced effects issue,the same reduced effects I noticed in another transferred mission from cup to bat when straffing german petrol trucks they exploded as normal then each instead of large flames and smoke a small white billowing cloud was over each vehicle not much bigger than the vehicle itself.not a complaint by the way I think bat is the way forwards its faster and appears more stable than previous versions of il 2.what I was doing was just reporting to simon a reduced effects I had noticed,but only those two everything else seems normal as in cup...kev.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 26 queries.