Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having a few problems with C.U.P.  (Read 4939 times)

Sir Rod

Re: Having a few problems with C.U.P.
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 08:34:25 PM »

Heads up TremFantasma,
If you have the Error Log turned on in the conf.ini - DOF will take a long time to load as it logs a lot of events. If it works and you don't have issues running DOF,  turn the Log Off and it will load much quicker.  i.e.  LOG=0
i7-930 - 2.93 GHz, Asus P6X58D Premium, GeForce GTX-970, 12GB DDR3,  Samsung 32" , Win10 pro 64bit

nyali

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 12:32:11 AM »

hi Sir Rod - thanks for also spotting the HSFX issue, I wonder if you'll get the same 'its a clean install' reply.... and players wonder why we get fed up of helping them

TremFantasma

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 01:29:10 PM »

I think you need to load  #CUP_MissionProCombo-v4122 in the JSGME to see the other maps.
Without it the page isn't big enough to show all available.  I have not found a way to display all maps without the MissionProCombo Mod.
If you started with the clean game from CD and then added the Mega pack and  Modac 5.3 followed by all the 4 Modules  plus the MME Module  and finally the SafetyNet  - you will have this  for a selector window.
This shows DOF selected -  There is No HSFX selection. 

Admin edit: Please DON'T quote pics!

Ok so this is was my second time installing the mod both times I copied my stock il2 folder and made a new game folder for the mod
the first time I have the correct selector but i messed up the install causing WAW not to load. so i deleted it

the second and current one i installed the modac followed by the last 4 modules then i installed the first module and i get the wrong selector

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 02:59:51 PM »

Its impossible to get the wrong selector if you complete the last step correctly:

• NOW FINALLY WE SHALL ADD THE LATEST CLEAN MOD FOLDERS
    FIRSTLY DELETE THE FOLLOWING FOLDERS FROM YOUR MAIN IL2 1946 INSTALL:

DELETE.....#DOF   #TGA   #WAW   #JTW.....DELETE

• THE FINAL STEP
    You should not be prompted to overwrite anything because you have gotton rid of: #DOF, #TGA, #WAW and #JTW right?

UnRAR/UnZIP Direct to your main Il2 Install:
    CUP SAFETY NET: https://www.mediafire.com/?aknzs9723vbb2a2

These are your clean new LATEST CUP MOD folders as of December 2016.

These folders are what makes it all work.  They are straight from the master backup build and clean as a whistle! 
    If you mess up your mod folders simply restore them from CUP SAFETY NET.
    That's it, all done, you are now modded to the gills, enjoy everything!!!

CUP SELECTOR ADD LAST
    Changing and simplifying the CUP install left an old version of Il2FB.INI high and dry!  Stick this in last of all!
    UnZIP direct to your main Il2 install.  Thanks to the eagle-eyed cherokeedriver for pointing this out.

CUP SELECTOR ADD LAST
    https://www.mediafire.com/?aeqe6mp7aawt867

The steps are simple, linear and work exactly as described.  However, it does seem that there are simply too many for some people.

Over two years of development C.U.P. has grown and been updated many times.  Like a snake outgrowing its skin it often has to shed old material in order to grow.  The Restore Point does that and I thought it was a good idea.

However, what we need now is a single one-stop installer that adds everything we have so far.  The installer needs to match a new torrent and just pointing it to your install will be enough.

This single installer project and a new update system are well underway.  It will be a huge relief for many C.U.P. sim-pilots, old and new!    ;D

Imagine consolidating all we have in C.U.P. so far into a single installer - a true patch at last!

nyali

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »

ever get tired of banging your head against a brick wall Monty ? lol

jpten

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 10:07:45 PM »

I would hazard a guess that one of the driving complaints or desire to shortcut the process is the time for many of the downloads. It is long and tedious but worth it. I do not imagine an all-in-one installation would be faster and I will not do torrents. 

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 12:01:58 AM »

au contraire!  An all in one is certainly faster and cleaner.  It could not be built to the current level any earlier than now simply because that kind of time travel is impossible.  What I'm talking about is consolidation of all we have to this point.  In fact, the 79 separate downloads become 28.  This will become the installer in fewer parts than that.

Therefore: download volume is dramatically reduced due to 20-20 hindsight.

Tedium is completely eliminated, along with stupid questions and obvious errors - tedium flows both ways after all! 

Whichever way you slice it though the C.U.P. download content is currently around 50Gb minimum and almost a third larger when un-packed.  This is not unusual for a flightsim, or any modded game really.  They need a bit of space put aside.  As the main uploader of this content I need several drives put aside!

There's nothing at all wrong with C.U.P., the content, the size of it, or any of the fixes - Once the principles are understood. 

These are simply: 
1-SFS 3Do Data is in separate folders
2-Mod folders configure the SFS data
3-Effective changes occur in the Mod folders and can be triggered by even a single classfile
4-Keep your Mod folders clean with the ability to roll back changes

That's it, been working to these principles for 7 years at SAS and seen all sorts of alternatives:  The leap of faith, the wild guess, the denial of evidence, the blind leading the blind, the forgetful, the corner cutters, the incomplete lists, the other mods never mentioned, sheer religious hope, the spammers, the trolls, the smartasses - and many more! 

There is logic and a cool head, which works, and then there is everything else...  ;D

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 01:42:57 AM »

Dear Monty,

Did you post the list with the items in JSGMEMODS so we could delete the old ones? I cannot find it anywhere in forum.
Sorry,  :P and thanks  :)
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

TremFantasma

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 12:11:45 PM »

Its impossible to get the wrong selector if you complete the last step correctly:

• NOW FINALLY WE SHALL ADD THE LATEST CLEAN MOD FOLDERS
    FIRSTLY DELETE THE FOLLOWING FOLDERS FROM YOUR MAIN IL2 1946 INSTALL:

DELETE.....#DOF   #TGA   #WAW   #JTW.....DELETE

• THE FINAL STEP
    You should not be prompted to overwrite anything because you have gotton rid of: #DOF, #TGA, #WAW and #JTW right?

UnRAR/UnZIP Direct to your main Il2 Install:
    CUP SAFETY NET: https://www.mediafire.com/?aknzs9723vbb2a2

These are your clean new LATEST CUP MOD folders as of December 2016.

These folders are what makes it all work.  They are straight from the master backup build and clean as a whistle! 
    If you mess up your mod folders simply restore them from CUP SAFETY NET.
    That's it, all done, you are now modded to the gills, enjoy everything!!!

CUP SELECTOR ADD LAST
    Changing and simplifying the CUP install left an old version of Il2FB.INI high and dry!  Stick this in last of all!
    UnZIP direct to your main Il2 install.  Thanks to the eagle-eyed cherokeedriver for pointing this out.

CUP SELECTOR ADD LAST

The steps are simple, linear and work exactly as described.  However, it does seem that there are simply too many for some people.

Over two years of development C.U.P. has grown and been updated many times.  Like a snake outgrowing its skin it often has to shed old material in order to grow.  The Restore Point does that and I thought it was a good idea.

However, what we need now is a single one-stop installer that adds everything we have so far.  The installer needs to match a new torrent and just pointing it to your install will be enough.

This single installer project and a new update system are well underway.  It will be a huge relief for many C.U.P. sim-pilots, old and new!    ;D

Imagine consolidating all we have in C.U.P. so far into a single installer - a true patch at last!

Weird i dont remember ever using that file to overwrite before in my last 2 installs

nyali

• Supporter
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »

Dear Lord......... what part of read the instructions did you miss out or guess ?

TremFantasma

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 04:35:36 PM »

Dear Lord......... what part of read the instructions did you miss out or guess ?

CUP SELECTOR ADD LAST

thats the part
I guess I missed it
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 28 queries.