Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WIP Bombing Six  (Read 3001 times)

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
WIP Bombing Six
« on: December 09, 2016, 01:06:07 PM »

Hey all,

In the process to making a campaign of Bombing Six flying off the Enterprise...  In making some of these raids during the early part of the War, attacking Islands, would you all like strike maps of the targets?  Trying to explain what to target during the brief is somewhat difficult. 

I think I can set a camera, then take a screen shot, insert that pic into powerpoint, draw targets and inbound routes, and save as jpeg.  Then have a separate folder (Not to be placed into the game) that you can reference/print out to aid in this campaign.

Would you use it? I just don't want to go to all this trouble if people are indifferent about it.
4th Generation Intel

Peter Lynn

Re: WIP Bombing Six
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 06:30:03 PM »

Hi Kevin,
As one who often cannot find targets, let alone shoot at them and bomb them you have my enthusiastic support.....thank you great idea.

jpten

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 11:46:05 PM »

I am doing something similar for a project I am doing.   I take my screenshots in FMB without having to set up cameras, just enter and zoom back to set up the angle.  I also turn the image into grey scale to make it look like a B/W recon photo.  Gives an idea of the target but will not be 100% to 'real life' in the game.   You may want to move some of the vehicles and other mobile items so there is a little variation between when the photo is taken and the mission occurs.
   My project is BOB 1940 England but for a Pacific theme you could make the recon photos of a few port/island targets  taken from water level and make them as taken from a submarine off the coast or just outside the harbor.  In addition to land references, smoke stacks and other prominent structures were marked as navigation or target references.

Peter Lynn

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 02:20:22 AM »

Hey, I was born in Maidstone and lived not far away from Point Y on the first map as a child, then in Cuxton on the A228..... Left  for Australia in 1962. I remember seeing Sunderlands moored on the river close to the Short factory...long time ago ......all looks very useful as well as very nostagic! :)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 04:58:30 AM »

Its a beautiful detail Peter and much appreciated by those of us that read briefings and like to plan our flights properly.  This level of detail and thoroughness certainly plays to a smaller audience but is still much more satisfying in the long run.

Cafs

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 09:39:07 AM »

That's a great idea, Kevin.

Excellent work jpten, this is the kind of a briefing that I appreciate very much.

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 09:51:16 AM »

Something like this? Or would you want more information on it?

4th Generation Intel

jpten

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 12:38:45 PM »

Excellent!  For a mission specific recon pic that is very good.  the only item I would expect is the outbound route if different from inbound route.  If you could crop the outer IL2 frame it would look very real-life.

Cafs

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 07:13:23 AM »

That's it, bullseye Kevin.
It looks very much like a reccon photo.

Congratulations.

Peter Lynn

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 08:10:52 AM »

Indeed it does. Nice work Kevin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 29 queries.