Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Fi-103's and carrier He-111H-2  (Read 114128 times)

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
Re: Fi-103 V-1
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 12:12:29 AM »

I just had a brilliant idea!
Lets make another V-1 and Later a V-2 and make them be controlled like the X-4 Missile! That way we have control!

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 04:12:28 AM »

ya-haha....sounds like you're a control freak, 606.... ;D 8)
a control freak who loves big explosions, at that...dangerous combo!  :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Twister

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 08:54:24 AM »

THX, germanluftwaffe606, there is food for thought.
I'm  also found V-2 in game as objects 428 (V-2 on railroad car) and 429 (vertical).

Meanwhile, I'm fixed FMB issue and maked Fi-103 piloted modification, simulating R-IV version. 3D model still the same yet (just nose fan removed) but now it have interior cockpit. FM slightlly differs from V-1 through larger tailplane & rudder, and having full roll control. Formation flying possible.
Link updated.

To install remove Fi-103_V1 folder in MODS directory and unpack the new RAR file in your IL-2 directory.
Then add this line:

Fi-103R-IV        air.FI_103RIV 2                       NOINFO  g01   SUMMER

to your air.ini file, and and this line (optional):

Fi-103R-IV           Fiesler Fi-103 R-IV V-4, 1944

to your plane_ru.properties file.
Now U in control.

woofiedog

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 12:47:56 PM »

Wicked... Thank's!  8)

Ectoflyer

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 02:32:25 PM »

By the way, V-1 supposed to have smoke trail really? I'm not sure.

Judging from WWII footages, you're right, it made a lot of smoke at launch but no smoke (or very little quantity) in flight:

V-1 flying bomb

V-1 flying bomb (Aug 1944)

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 02:42:06 PM »

I have the same shardana.

EDIT: I found it. The V-2 mod in your mods folder. Remove it and you'll have the V-1

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

wimsma

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 08:19:55 AM »

Hi...Mod maker...

I have great fun every evening playing this game. Thaxs to you and others.  Have a responsible work to do at daytime, but at the evening I am at my own fantasy world. Germans delevering V-1 technology to the Japanese.   I think some device targeting large amouts of steel by their magnetic responce could be developed in that period. So...V-1 launched from Betty's about 200 km from the American fleet would find their targets. So..despite the very bad economic situation...Japan could beat off the Americans in 1944/1945. I like researching alternate scenario's just for fun. What if the atom bomb hat failed? The outcome of war is sure.... (Americans win) but ther are much oppertunities to alter the battle.

Twister

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 11:43:54 AM »

Judging from WWII footages, you're right, it made a lot of smoke at launch but no smoke (or very little quantity) in flight
THX for posting these interesting and useful historical videos. Looks like smoke produced bu catapult, some dust lifted in air by engine exhaust.

Hi...Mod maker...

I have great fun every evening playing this game. Thaxs to you and others.  Have a responsible work to do at daytime, but at the evening I am at my own fantasy world. Germans delevering V-1 technology to the Japanese.   I think some device targeting large amouts of steel by their magnetic responce could be developed in that period. So...V-1 launched from Betty's about 200 km from the American fleet would find their targets. So..despite the very bad economic situation...Japan could beat off the Americans in 1944/1945. I like researching alternate scenario's just for fun. What if the atom bomb hat failed? The outcome of war is sure.... (Americans win) but ther are much oppertunities to alter the battle.
This thing called radar.
But it cannot be maded miniaturized and automatized enough to operate on board unmanned missile at these times.
About nukes, despite it's power, this is not so advanced thing, as many people thinks.
If there was a need and sufficient faith in possibility of creating such thing,  it could have been maded already in twenties. Given the situation and the level of thinking, full-scale deployment would be an option (considering the means of delivery, of course). So, WWII could begin with the nuclear strikes. But God saved us, and WWII just finishes by it.

... Great fun except you have to hit the object before anything id destroyed so you can't fly into ground because nothing will be destroyed, you have to fly it into the object.
I didn't even expect any troubles in this part, will try fix it.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 01:34:51 AM »

the fi-103 had a small cockpit. Its role was similar to the ohka

not quite true, the first Fi-103 had severe problems with stabilizing so the plan was to put a pilot in to evaluate the problem in test flights which could not be solved from ground observation alone. Hanna Reitsch was among the test pilots. landing was done skidding along a sandy beach.
I even believe threre is a movie about this project.
It was no suicide bombe for Germany.

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 01:50:23 AM »

not quite true, the first Fi-103 had severe problems with stabilizing so the plan was to put a pilot in to evaluate the problem in test flights which could not be solved from ground observation alone. Hanna Reitsch was among the test pilots. landing was done skidding along a sandy beach.
I even believe threre is a movie about this project.
It was no suicide bombe for Germany.

The movie is on youtube but it is in french or something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fieseler_Fi_103R_(Reichenberg)
They didn't put a pilot in to test problems it was an actual suicide bomb unless the pilot managed to Bail out.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010, 01:34:49 AM »

nope, sorry, I am afraid you wikilink shows how inconclusive Wiki can be. your Wiki links states that there was suicide attemt but german wiki on the Reichenberg device says the exact opposite.... go figure with Wiki.

My information comes partly from Hanna Reitsch personal book memories (reitsch actually at one point was favouring suicide missions genereally!). There and other places it is sayd that the original reason for the was flight testing. Well, somone in the very late stages may have had an idea, like with the Bachem Natter, to use it as an "interceptor" of some sort...

Also the article refers to "KG-200" which has so many popular myths around them that I always hesitate when that unit is used as reference... not much is really documented fact on that unit.

The only known, documented and ordered suicide missions where flown against the russian bridgeheads in fron of Berlin and the Oder bridges with regular machines.
As far as eye witnesses go (there just last week was a  Documentary on german TV with a surviving pilot) only one mission was flown at all. Not all pilots obeyed the command.
others may know more.
but the simple statement "inteded use like the Ohka" doesn't hit the nail quite right.

Twister

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 10:19:57 AM »

Hello again.
... Great fun except you have to hit the object before anything id destroyed so you can't fly into ground because nothing will be destroyed, you have to fly it into the object.
Thanks to watchfulness of germanluftwaffe606, bug with shockwave destruction zone was found and fixed.
Now U can just hit ground and cause mass-destruction. Also some minor bugs fixed. Main link updated.

By the way, can someone tell, what was like effect of V-1 explosion in real life, poppet like, or mushroom, or just as big explosion ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 26 queries.