Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battle for Imphal - Campaign for the Ki-49 "Helen"  (Read 3723 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Battle for Imphal - Campaign for the Ki-49 "Helen"
« on: October 29, 2016, 12:47:58 AM »

Whenever our talented modders produce a new aircraft I try to make a campaign for it, as a way of saying "Thank you!". And as we now that we also have a Nakajima Ki-49 "Helen" (courtesy of 101tfs & Storebror + help from other friends) I did just that:

You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2352

This is a semi-historical, 8-mission static campaign, set in the spring of 1944. Operation U-Go is about to start, the Japanese offensive launched in March 1944 against forces of the British Empire in northeast India. Aimed at the Brahmaputra valley, through the two important towns of Imphal and Kohima, it was the last major Japanese offensive during the Second World War. The aim of the offensive was bold: to cut the Allied supply lines to their front in northern Burma, forestalling their pending attack in that region, and also thereby halting the aerial supply to Nationalist China over the so called "Hump".

U-Go started with a diversionary attack in the Arakan, in early February. This would attract Allied reserves from Assam, and also create the impression that the Japanese intended to attack Bengal through Chittagong. But the main thrust was to take place in the centre, where Mutaguchi's Fifteenth Army would attack into Manipur. This culminated in the gruelling battles of Imphal and Kohima, where the Japanese were first held and then pushed back, with huge losses. It was the largest defeat to that date in Japanese history, and one of the turning-points of WW2.

You are a pilot in a Japanese Army bomber unit, equipped with the Mitsubishi Ki-49 "Helen", twin-engine bomber. (In one mission you will be flying the Mitsubishi Ki.46 "Dinah".) This will be tough, as the Allies are growing stronger and stronger in the air. If you just make it back to the base in one piece, it will be treated as a successful mission.

REQUIREMENTS: This campaign for modded 4.12 (it will NOT work in earlier versions) using the VP Mod Pack. (It could very well work with other modded 4.12 versions, like HSFX or even CUP. I hope to get some confirmation from you CUP-ers and HSFX-ers out there.) In addition to this you will of course have the Mitsubishi Ki-49 "Helen", by 101tfs and Storebror. You can download it here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,52615.0.html In addition to this you will also need the Mitsubishi Ki-51 “Sonia”, by Ten010 and Da_Don, which can be downloaded here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=40537.0

SKINS: 10 Skins are included, made by Stanislao (who made the special Ki-49 skins used here), Macwan, R0NNC0, MrM, Ten010, Mapal and Aviatorsneah. Thanks guys for your super work!

REGARDING THE MAP: The campaign uses the stock Buma map, and if you use the VP Mod Pack you will have Cyberolas completely reworked version of this map, which is simply amazing! If you use a Mod pack that don't have this I STRONGLY recommend that you get it. See here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,45704.0.html

RADIO: If you want to use the Radio function of IL-2 1946, the difficulty option "Realistic Navigation" must be set to "ON", and there must be a key assignment in the controls for the "next/previous beacon". Then simply use those keys to select the desired radio station in the mission. And you must of course have some content in the Radio Tokyo folder. You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2054

A big, big THANK YOU to all involved in the Mods used in this campaign, and a special one goes of course to 101tfs and Storebror!

More shiny screenies:

Thanks for looking!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

asheshouse

• SAS Team
Re: Battle for Imphal - Campaign for the Ki-49 "Helen"
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 01:45:27 AM »

Thanks Poltava. I always enjoy your campaigns. This fits well with my current interests in the Far East.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 02:01:06 AM »

Thanks mate, much appreciated! :)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 02:48:37 AM »

Cool Bananas :)
Thanks a lot Poltava!
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

trent

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 04:47:25 AM »

Excellent! Thank you very much, Poltava!  :)

Edit: This campaign works PERFECLY on normal 4.12.2 + Modact 5.3 ( I do not use vp mod pack ).  ;)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 02:26:33 PM »

You are the greatest Poltava !  8) Thank you for the cool missions!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 09:07:08 AM »

Checked your campaign in DGenPack1.2 for 4.13.2- working perfect after a little changes with Bedford statics in mis.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 11:39:11 AM »

Checked your campaign in DGenPack1.2 for 4.13.2- working perfect after a little changes with Bedford statics in mis.

Good to hear! Thanks!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 26 queries.