Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BoS, is it worth it?  (Read 7972 times)

LuseKofte

Re: BoS, is it worth it?
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 02:15:07 PM »

Well for career offline I found ROF career very good, and this is a feature that will come in a improved version to this game. You can change plane during one career, and you can have several careers going at the same time

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »

Well for career offline I found ROF career very good, and this is a feature that will come in a improved version to this game. You can change plane during one career, and you can have several careers going at the same time

The RoF career mode will hopefully bring something that is much needed to the BoS franchise, as I said things are still developing and from what I see going in the right direction but it will take time to get there, always been a offline player and that is where at the moment this lets down the players like me unfortunately.

Anyway for you and Mike, me thinks you have already both seen this but I place the link so all can see the full beauty of the game:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25679-he-111-wolf-sheeps-clothing/

And two for the Sturmovik:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/24409-il-2-soviet-heroes-video/

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/22862-il-2-flying-tank/

I personally fly the IL-2, I am no fighter pilot, but have tried all the aircraft in this game and the He-111 even though I only tried it once has a certain beauty about it and the video shows the full range of objects and effects and I think the potential of the sim going forward, enjoy.

Sadly to enjoy the game in all its glory you do need the system to play it, thankfully for the first time in all the years I have been with these games I do now have it, sadly health issues prevent me using it as I would like but what the fuck I can sit back and watch anyway.

System:

Windows edition:  Windows 10 home

Manufacturer:  Chillblast
Model:  Fusion
Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Installed memory (RAM):  8.00 GB
System type:  64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Video card:   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

All the best, Pete. ;D

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 05:04:30 AM »

I spent a weekend on it. Does not seems like long but it was a 3-day long weekend!
Money is not an issue so I got both, BoM and BoS. In the end I am glad I did not get the optional planes because I am back to the one we love: IL-2 1946.

I liked the radio voices, the engine management, it looked fantastic inside the cockpits and taxi to take-off was pretty nice too (but super hard to master...). Of course because it is on the Eastern Front I was very keen.

But I do not play online, well... I could not really see the point. I was not so pleased with the maps.
I also took the time to have a look around for forum/community in both English and Russian and well... it felt like a very small place with a limited number of planes, objects, mods, maps, vehicles, buildings, campaigns, missions, campaign generators,well...

After a weekend in BoS/BoM, going back to IL-2 1946 there was a bit of shock visually (in the cockpit) but thanks to all the modders efforts, to the tools we have and to the incredibly rich resources available I can manufacture this:

Having been active for less than 2 years, to be able to get Dubrovka on the Neva looking this close to how it was in 1941 is priceless.
Then I get to fly it !!!
This is all thanks to the care, effort and passion put into IL-2 1946 during all these years.

I am glad I did get it (good to support the business) and it was great to get a different perspective.
In the end this has made me even more grateful for what we have.

Bizu

• Art Director
  • I.A.R.-80 Legacy
    • Facebook page
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 07:40:18 AM »

So far I'm very satisfied with the game, it's fun

I'm having 25-30 fps per average with occassionally small and short fps drops.

I'm still trying to get used with the camera in F2 external view
Does anyone know how to get rid of that odd motion blur effect when I look around in cockpit or in external view.

I figured out that these are good settings, should I lower something?
 -GPU: GTX 750Ti,
 -CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 651 quad-core 2.99GHz
 -RAM: 6GB

And for the joystick I plan to get the T16000m, thanks Le0ne for your help so far :)

Bizu

Ex nihilo, nihil fit

LuseKofte

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 12:17:37 PM »

Push esc and go to settings, it is a box you need to uncheck called cinematic view or something
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 27 queries.