Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS Engine MOD 2.8.20 western & JC's Merge Effect (Beta) Full-pack 25/Jul/2020  (Read 128999 times)

Seb

• Modder
  • Per aspera ad astra

Hey Wes, During the Jet age some airliners needs a Thrust reverser once Landed, like B 707, IL-2 1946 needs a Thrust reverser.

Best Regards KT503

You're right, especially since Western is working on a KC-10 Extender which also has a thrust reverser.
Seb

Koty

• Mr. MiG
  • Modder
  • It's a MiG!

Test version of RWR code update. Paste and overwrite, at own risk.

Extends range at which radars can be detected from 15 km (if I remember right) to 150 km to allow detection of longer ranged radars and extended list of types of actors this code accepts (to accept stationary objects). Rest of code stays the same. This is kind of necessary to allow detection of the S-75M mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0wm7a6vokj1lhk7/RWR_update.rar/file
If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog

?

In my code design published, TypeRadarWarningReceiver interface's methods myRadarSearchYou(Actor actor, String soundpreset) or myRadarLockYou(Actor actor, String soundpreset) --- Util's methods recordRadarSearched(actor, soundpreset) or recordRadarLocked(actor, soundpreset) don't limit distance from the radar.
Even 20 km or 30 km far from the locked aircraft, when the radar locking it calls its ((TypeRadarWarningReceiver)aircraft).(myRadarLockYou(actor, soundpreset)) method, aircraft's side RWR will buzz.

I think Engine mod 2.8.20's RWR utility has had enough scalability for coming mods and no need to change about it.

Koty

• Mr. MiG
  • Modder
  • It's a MiG!

Ah, you maybe updated it between current version and one I built it on?

In RadarWarningReceiverUtils this line around 1057 ( radarLockWarning() ) was giving me issues (I actually changed it to 50 km, not 150...):
Code: [Select]
if ((j == 0) && (localActor1.getArmy() != this.rwrOwner.getArmy()) && (distanceBetween(localActor1, this.rwrOwner) < 50000.0D))(EDIT3: no, this was an irrelevant change by me^ )
Also type of actor used, original code did not accept stationary objects in recordRadarLocked and recordRadarSearched. It would filter out StationaryGeneric and not process.

I will look into latest build.

EDIT:
Ok, new build works, but only for search. Lock has same problem as originally and gives me no warning for the S-75.

EDIT2: found the problem:
in recordRadarLocked, the second if has to be changed to also include StationaryGeneric, it's on line 1204-1206. No need for .getHasRadar() for it.
then everything will work :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0wm7a6vokj1lhk7/RWR_update.rar/file

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog

OK.

I understand to be adding StationaryGeneric.class treatment in RWR utils.
I'll edit StationaryGeneric.class to have a flag value and getter method for Radars written in technics.ini called from RWR utils.

And I find similar radar decision is needed in BigshipGeneric.class also in RWR utils.
I have to integrate BigshipGeneric.class for radars and RWR.
I'll release a newer Engine mod in one or three weeks.

Koty

• Mr. MiG
  • Modder
  • It's a MiG!

Hi, good idea but..
I'll edit StationaryGeneric.class to have a flag value and getter method for Radars written in technics.ini called from RWR utils.
this is better handled in special code for every object, so we can make AI turn radar on and off, or trigger RWR in some area only. Also for example - search radar acts different from tracking radar for big SAM site.

whistler

• Modder

And I find similar radar decision is needed in BigshipGeneric.class also in RWR utils.
I have to integrate BigshipGeneric.class for radars and RWR.
I'll release a newer Engine mod in one or three weeks.

BigShipGeneric.class isn't part of EngineMod yet. A good BigShipGeneric.class can be found here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,65121.msg715035.html#msg715035
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

throttle_control

Do I need a degree to get through the clutter on these forums so I can figure out how to install this version of the engine mod? Do I install it in my main directory? in jsgmemods folder? do I need to open the first folder and extract the two file folders into what directory ?

I deleted my sas engine folder and install the latest folder from this release now game crashes at 5% load. Now I've spent the last two hours going through the forums trying to find the version of engine mod that worked with the mig 21pl. sigh.

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU

Not cross-posting the same question and reading replies to your first one would be a good starting point, trust me.
Then if you could reconsider on calling what's to be found here "clutter", you should be all set.

]cheers[
Mike
You live, you learn, you love, you're dead.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes

Patch  20210515  by SAS~Storebror

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q3cmhant4j7j90q/SAS_Engine_fix_20210515.zip/file

updated version of the "Motor" class
The code contained a severe bug which would render all compressor steps on any piston engine aircraft useless.
The bug affected the "forcePropAOA" method.

hotfix for the "LandAux" class.
In it's current state in EngineMod, it causes log flooding once chocks are released and ground crew runs away from aircraft.
Reason is that per default, the human crew's meshes are scaled in Java, but scaling meshes with hardware shadows is prohibited in IL-2.
The workaround is to tell the game to ignore the shadow data

this will also be added to the first post

Consul

Code: [Select]
[11:12:00 AM] Mission: samtest.mis is Playing
[11:12:00 AM] warning: no files : music/inflight
[11:12:35 AM] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.weapons.Missile.startEngineDone(Missile.java:1631)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.weapons.Missile.doStart(Missile.java:780)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.weapons.Missile.start(Missile.java:1563)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.weapons.RocketGun.interpolateStep(RocketGun.java:184)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.weapons.RocketGun.tick(RocketGun.java:206)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.engine.Interpolators.tick(Interpolators.java:222)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.engine.Actor.interpolateTick(Actor.java:434)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.engine.InterpolateAdapter.msgTimeOut(InterpolateAdapter.java:174)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.rts.MsgTimeOut.invokeListener(MsgTimeOut.java:73)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.rts.Message._send(Message.java:1217)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject(Message.java:1191)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendTo(Message.java:1134)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.rts.Message.trySend(Message.java:1115)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.rts.Time.loopMessages(Time.java:252)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.rts.RTSConf.loopMsgs(RTSConf.java:101)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.loopApp(MainWin3D.java:131)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:449)
[11:12:35 AM] at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java:235)

Assistance needed.

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU

The "Guided Missiles" part of Engine Mod 2.8.20w is installed, but the Engine Mod itself isn't.

]cheers[
Mike
You live, you learn, you love, you're dead.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 24 queries.