Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modding to soon be possible in 777's IL-2.  (Read 2984 times)

Sputty

Modding to soon be possible in 777's IL-2.
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:46:16 PM »

One of the new features in development for the upcoming Battle of Kuban is a mods on/off mode for the game.
Currently, there is a fair amount of upset on the forum for the game about choosing the Pacific theater over the Mediterranean, but with a well-made North Africa map, we could easily have both.  Most aircraft required are already in the game, as well as the skins necessary.  Even without mods on/off mode, community-made maps are already in the current game.  If we had even a quarter of the map making enthusiasm for 777's IL-2 as we do in 1946, we'd be in Africa in no time.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25072-announcing-battle-kuban-and-development-plan/

Technology and Features:
- DX11
- VR (with existing GUI)
- New Career for Kuban, Moscow, Stalingrad (ROF-like)
- Scripted Campaign game mode with first Campaign of 15 missions. Community can add their own scripted Campaigns later.
- CO-OP Multiplayer Game Mode (ROF-like to start)
- Air Marshall and Field Marshall modes for MP. (i.e. HQ-ATC-GCI type screen to manage a battle with realistic limited info)
- In-Game Model-Viewer (tool for skin makers)
- Mods On/Off Mode (As open as possible including sounds and textures)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Modding to soon be possible in 777's IL-2.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 01:02:23 AM »

The question is: What does it mean "As open as possible including sounds and textures".
Nothing against sounds and textures, but being a long term IL-2 modder myself this sounds like if the german railway ("Deutsche Bahn") would announce that "Now each and every passenger can control the train he's sitting in by himself! We open up the train's controls as much as possible, including opening cabin doors, toilet flushing and requesting to open the carriage door!".

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

LuseKofte

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:08:01 AM »

I am not really sure what they mean, but it come to mind that you can make a mod and as I read it get the tools for importing it to the game. Like buildings and objects. But I am not sure

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 01:48:42 AM »

It does sound a little confusing to me .....  :-|

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 02:22:12 AM »

... not even sure they are interested in mods ...  :-X

Tiger_33 made a sound mod for BoS quite a while ago (without any official tool ...), the vids are available on Youtube, and he got no reply from the devs so far ...  :(

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 02:43:09 AM »

Hello guys, it would seem that it will follow the same format as in Rise of Flight, which is very limited at the moment but even so has brought some really excellent additions to that game. 8)

Check this link to get a idea of what is in use:

http://riseofflight.com/forum/forum/278-3rd-party-mods-software/

Probably the largest addition so far in RoF is a French aircraft carrier although I have not got it installed it does look good in the videos, however, it would need alteration in the game code to allow aircraft to land on it successfully I believe.

Nothing in the mods section for aircraft models except static, AI or operable I think are most likely something that has to be submitted to 777 for inclusion.

Anything added according to the SDK has to use a specific version of 3ds Max, possibly you can make things in other programmes but will need it converting, maybe Glynn could shed some light on that.

For BoK FM changes would be out of the question it seems, as I think would any kind of coding, 3d and textures I think are all that 1C will allow and most likely in a very strictly controlled way.

Anyway, time will tell, only once the SDK is released will those with the ability know finally just what can or cannot be done, for now it is a waiting game.

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 05:07:33 AM »

I have no clue about how to do a map for RoF but having had a recent closer look at BoS and BoM I went straight to my IL-2 1946-SAS map efforts.

The way the roads are defined I liked (carved in the woods), the immersion when on airfields about to take off what quite good but the repetitive nature of textures and settlements made me think of when I bought IL-2 in 2002...

The main points for maps would be LODs of static objects (buildings popping up) and the number of different textures you can use, 29 for IL-2 1946-SAS being quite limiting.

Not sure if you are following what Asura is doing with his DGEN campaign generator but just this and the maps you can create for it in IL-2 1946-SAS are above anything I can think of for off-line players.

flying_spud

• Spittin' Fire
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 12:45:33 PM »

One of the new features in development for the upcoming Battle of Kuban is a mods on/off mode for the game.
Currently, there is a fair amount of upset on the forum for the game about choosing the Pacific theater over the Mediterranean, but with a well-made North Africa map, we could easily have both.  Most aircraft required are already in the game, as well as the skins necessary.  Even without mods on/off mode, community-made maps are already in the current game.  If we had even a quarter of the map making enthusiasm for 777's IL-2 as we do in 1946, we'd be in Africa in no time.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25072-announcing-battle-kuban-and-development-plan/

Technology and Features:
- DX11
- VR (with existing GUI)
- New Career for Kuban, Moscow, Stalingrad (ROF-like)
- Scripted Campaign game mode with first Campaign of 15 missions. Community can add their own scripted Campaigns later.
- CO-OP Multiplayer Game Mode (ROF-like to start)
- Air Marshall and Field Marshall modes for MP. (i.e. HQ-ATC-GCI type screen to manage a battle with realistic limited info)
- In-Game Model-Viewer (tool for skin makers)
- Mods On/Off Mode (As open as possible including sounds and textures)

Reading this has lifted my spirits considerably re. the future of this game. Like the many others on the BOS forum who voted for the Mediterranean/N. Africa as the next focus, only to find out that all those skins and ideal planes for that theatre were meaningless and that the Pacific was up next instead.
So once they open the map building to the modders as they say they will, then maybe some of the skilled map-makers that connect with here might be able to do like a map of Malta, Libya and Tunisia?
As has been said the planes will be in place; P-40E/Kittyhawk, Spitfire V, A20/Boston, Mc.202,Bf-109E/F/G, Bf-110E/G, He-111, Ju-88, Ju-87, Hs.129 etc. Ok a bit light on allied aircraft but enough to work with I think. Fortunately the RAF/CW and the US used those 3 planes.
Really hope they provide the C wing option for the Spitfire V as well as the B. Maybe some day they'll do a Hurricane as DLC.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 25 queries.