Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: VP Modpack Tiger Flybys addon  (Read 74246 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: VP Modpack Tiger Flybys addon
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2016, 07:31:51 AM »

Both MiG-7 and MiG-11 work perfectly fine for me with this mod and VP modpack.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2016, 09:28:26 AM »

In my case they don't. When I disactivate Tigers Flyby mod, I get both Migs back in game (vp_modpack).

DaveB

• Modder
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2016, 07:31:52 AM »

Had a look and yes I can see that although the FM is using the AM_series.emd it is calling for the AM_39.prs. I will update the class.

I would like to add this for anyone who has issues with game lockups when using this mod. When Tiger designed his flyby sounds he incorporated a fall back in the event that a prs was not present.
It is the null.prs and null.wav files. As sound mods have been released over the years these files have been omitted so when peeps try to use his mod and the null.prs cant be found then the game
will hang. I will include these as well in the next update.

In the meantime you can:
                                   1 Deactivate my flyby mod
                                   2 Find or create the null.prs and null.wav files and add them to your sounds. Then you can still use my mod
                                   3 Download my soundmod from the first post. They are in there
                                   4 Wait for the update. I just released one so will hold off in the event other peeps find problems

Cheers DaveB 

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2016, 08:52:05 AM »

Thanks a lot DaveB, especially for the "null" sound advice, didn't know about that hidden feature of UV3 ;)

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2016, 02:02:59 PM »

Many thanks DaveB! I shall wait for the new update, no hurry...

steven197106

• Observer
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »

Awesome sound mod DaveB, wonder if you could  add the Skyraider
i7-5820k CPU 3.30gHZ, 16 GB ram, RTX 2080 Graphic card, 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor, VKB- T-Rudders Mk.III pedals, VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick with VPC Desk Mount, VPC Extensions Set with a thrustmaster warthog grip on the stick, saitek TPM System, thrustmaster warthog throttle,

DaveB

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2016, 12:05:06 PM »

NP all done. will be linked to p47flyby

Cheers DaveB

DaveB

• Modder
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 03:37:11 PM »

Hello and Merry Christmas to all, I have made avaliable Update 1.2 for the VPmod Tiger Flyby's and a small Update to my Soundmod if you are using it.

It enables the use of the Mig7 and 11 and the Douglas Skyraider in the VPmod when the Tiger flyby's are activated
It also adds to the JiverSound mod the null.prs to help cure lockups should a plane be installed and not recognized by the Motorsound.class

DaveB

steven197106

• Observer
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 10:15:35 AM »

Thanks Dave :D
i7-5820k CPU 3.30gHZ, 16 GB ram, RTX 2080 Graphic card, 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor, VKB- T-Rudders Mk.III pedals, VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick with VPC Desk Mount, VPC Extensions Set with a thrustmaster warthog grip on the stick, saitek TPM System, thrustmaster warthog throttle,

DaveB

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 04:35:23 AM »

Have picked up on that the Flyby for the Skyraider was not successful, sorry for that. I did not install the plane and took for granted its addition to the data base using its prs when I should have used its emd as the call. Have added a fix for those who already have the 1.2 update.

Cheers DaveB

PS. Thanks Steve for your great Youtube vids, thats how I realized the flyby didnt take. 

robert31178

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »

Hey, I am having problems with this mod. If I install it in VP modpack as a JSGME mod it runs everyhting EXCPET the flybys. I also tried to put the !00 folders into my #SAS and added the preload file to the STD and had the same issue. I made sure to make the small changes in my conf.ini as per the readme, am running in OpenGL on a 64 bit system, still no flyby sounds. I have only triedd running on Pacific Theater maps so the winter thing shouldn't be an issue.

the only thing I can think of is there is no "perfect map textures" like there is in HSFX. Is that something, like another thing to add to my VP Modpack JSGME file?

Lastly......some of my squadron mates had ZERO issues with this lol......so.....??

Anyone else have this problem?

~S

DaveB

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2017, 01:01:54 PM »

Hi, Tiger flybys will not work without Perfect textures enabled.

Perfect textures can only be selected under opengl (not directx), so make sure you are running under opengl.

If you are running under opengl and still can not enable perfect tex through the games video options you can try manually editing the config.ini by making sure that

HardwareShaders=1 under the [Render_OpenGL] section is present

If this does not help then you may have to post in the Hardware forum your computer specs and problem for more help

Cheers DaveB
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 27 queries.