Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Singapore Map  (Read 8496 times)

RealDarko

• Modder
Re: Singapore Map
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 03:12:13 PM »

Any update on this one? Think it really needs one

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 05:56:40 AM »

Any update on this one? Think it really needs one

A while ago I finished a basic version of Singapore, but it still needs lots of work. The land area of the island itself needs to be reconfigured to 1940 conditions, not those of 2009, and I think I placed too many cultivated regions on the map as well, also reflecting 2009 conditions and not those of 1940 ...

Aside from that it is a workable map needing as usual, populating and correct placing of airfields ...

And since I´ve got some half a dozen other maps in various stages of completion, I can´t say much right now about any possible completion date. It will have to wait until the autumn to resume work on it in any case, as right now I am on the road still, hot as can be with a scorching sun overhead and no real decent machine to work on ...

But I do plan on going forward with this map.

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 05:04:39 AM »

Ok, five years later i found this topic. If i understand correct, this project is abandoned?
I have plans to build absolutely new dynamic campaign in Singapore 1941-1942. Is there any sense wait for your project, or it will be better to use stock map?
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 06:15:03 PM »

Ok, five years later i found this topic. If i understand correct, this project is abandoned?
I have plans to build absolutely new dynamic campaign in Singapore 1941-1942. Is there any sense wait for your project, or it will be better to use stock map?
Motorhead has a good question.  Whatever happened to this project?  Sounds like agracier reworked the City area and Others were involved in populating.  Work was being done...so what happened to the result?

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 08:43:29 AM »

well, anyway, unfortunately this map covers a smaller area than the stock map. It would be much better to have a map of all of Malaya and some part of Thailand (where the Japanese had two airfields) so that the whole campaign could be covered. 

The stock map is cut off just north of Kuala Lampur.  It took the Japanese about a month just to get to K.L.  So, we are missing a whole month's worth of territory to fight over.  The initial RAF bombing missions against the Japanese landings and their airfields in Thailand by themselves would be interesting to recreate.  Hudsons, Vildebeests, Blenheims and strafing by Buffaloes were all used in territory that is not mapped for IL2.

So, if any map is to be done, then I would prefer a map of a larger area.  I'm sure someone could do it.  Are there no more RAF Pacific fans here anymore?  (I have a feeling that interest in this sim is dying).  :(

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 01:56:33 PM »

+1

ordway

• "Fly low and slow"
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 10:32:44 PM »

I hope interest in this and other Il-2 maps continues.  The new map-building tools we have are getting ever better-such as prebuilt rivers and new terrain tiles.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.