Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Channel Front: 1941 - 1943  (Read 21394 times)

ol' Navy

Re: The Channel Front: 1941 - 1943
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 07:13:27 PM »

'ol Navy (...'ol Marine myself :) ) Let's figure this out together!

Can you get back to a pre DCG install point? I hope so - then use the link below to install DCG correctly.

Lonestar67 - a long superuser of DCG posted this back in 2012:

DCG And Third Party Campaign Installation Manual

Follow his tutorial until you get to:

Starting of a 3rd party campaign without extra files for DGen:
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP! Then let me know and we will run some tests to generate his stock campaigns and then we will do the next step. I have all weekend  8)

Thank you for your time and effort.  I will try to do as you say - assume I'll delete my whole IL2DCG folder and the contents therein, and then I will start on it probably tomorrow.  Grand kid issues you know.  Funny thing is, I think I have used DCG before, and I'm not sure how it worked.  Oh well, I can't remember for sure what I had for breakfast this a.m. and so what I did months (years?) ago well, that is a complete blank.  A former Marine, eh?  During my twenty-two years with the USN I served with a bunch of you guys.  Thanks for your service.  And thank you for your help here.  I'll get back to you.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 08:42:39 PM »

Sure thing - Thank you for your service as well.

ol' Navy

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 01:30:31 PM »

OK, did as you said (I hope), and have stopped.  Stopping is one thing I do well.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 02:47:33 PM »

Perfect! Now I want you to start a campaign in IL-2 normally and select whatever side you wish to fly.

- Start IL-2
- Select Pilot Career
- If you already have one started select "New", If you don't: that's OK
- Under Career you should see "*Finnish Fighter Pilot (DCG)."
....This is just to verify the DCG files installed correctly. If you do see this career - SELECT it (by highlighting it)
- Click start.
.....Let me know when you get there. :)

ol' Navy

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »

Yep, that worked.  Started the mission to see if it would, then quit.  It was the Finish Fighter Pilot DCG one.  Lordy, was I glad to see that it would at least load and not beep at me like I was experiencing before.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 08:24:58 PM »

Outstanding Sailor!

Now you have to install and activate https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,51330.0.html

You need this because it fixes all the weapons in every CUP aircraft - maybe 99% of them.

Now you can proceed to:   Starting of a 3rd party campaign with extra files for DGen: section, but with a twist:
                                     -----------------------------------------------------------------
(Us my "Channel Front '41 - '43 Campaign" instead of Lonestar67's "Extended Solomons Campaign 1942-45 V1.3")

Available Careers:
Luftwaffe: Luftwaffe Fighter Pilot over the Channel Front (DCG)
RAF: Royal Airforce Fighter Pilot over the Channel Front (DCG)

- Set your difficulty

Now after this - Follow the exact same process you used to start the Finnish Campaign (...which you can just delete from the IL-2 PIlot Career menu)

- Let me know if you were able to generate the 1st mission. Then we will move to tweaking DCG :)

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 11:03:42 PM »

@Ol Navy

I am not sure . . .

But before you carry out X_mans instructions, go to the "Data" folder of your DCG installation and copy the "carscolumn.dcg" into the "Channel Front" campaign folder!

Because I had a similar problem with DCG 3.49, DBW and one of my older campaigns! I think, this file must since DCG 3.48 in every 3rd party campaign folder (at least if you have ground troops in your campaign)!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

ol' Navy

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 10:12:47 AM »

Thanks to both of you.  I assume that the link you provided me has to do with that DCG compatability mod v1.1.  I couldn't get the link to do anything but I had downloaded it before and it is in my JSGME folder.  I will enable it.  If that isn't what you were referring to, please let me know.  Now, before the day is over,  I'm gonna give it all a try.  Thanks again.

ol' Navy

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 10:36:40 AM »

I did as y'all said.  It worked.  Scared me to death because all I saw was something about a Tigermoth and Winter campaign and I wasn't real sure what I had.  But then I was in a Blenheim as I guess I was supposed to be.  Thanks to you.  Now I have to figure out what to do about the stutters.  My first mission was really really slow.  I know there are things in the DCG menu that can be adjusted so I guess I need to figure it out.  I do have a thought though - you said this campaign was written on a high end PC.  Mine isn't.  I get hand me downs from my kids and grandkids so I have good parts I think, but they aren't current state of the art.  Maybe that has something to do with my stutters.  Oh well, can't do anything about it so I'll do with what I got.  Thanks again.  I'll keep trucking.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »

Lonestar - Can you explain why this file needs to be copied over? I have never noticed an issues (...which doesn't mean there isn't one :D)

Lonestar67 - the cars
@Ol Navy

I am not sure . . .

But before you carry out X_mans instructions, go to the "Data" folder of your DCG installation and copy the "carscolumn.dcg" into the "Channel Front" campaign folder!

Because I had a similar problem with DCG 3.49, DBW and one of my older campaigns! I think, this file must since DCG 3.48 in every 3rd party campaign folder (at least if you have ground troops in your campaign)!

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 01:20:17 PM »

Glad you got it working! Tweaking your DCG settings will fix some of your stuttering. Let me know if you need anything

I did as y'all said.  It worked.  Scared me to death because all I saw was something about a Tigermoth and Winter campaign and I wasn't real sure what I had.  But then I was in a Blenheim as I guess I was supposed to be.  Thanks to you.  Now I have to figure out what to do about the stutters.  My first mission was really really slow.  I know there are things in the DCG menu that can be adjusted so I guess I need to figure it out.  I do have a thought though - you said this campaign was written on a high end PC.  Mine isn't.  I get hand me downs from my kids and grandkids so I have good parts I think, but they aren't current state of the art.  Maybe that has something to do with my stutters.  Oh well, can't do anything about it so I'll do with what I got.  Thanks again.  I'll keep trucking.

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2016, 05:30:31 PM »

Lonestar - Can you explain why this file needs to be copied over? I have never noticed an issues (...which doesn't mean there isn't one :D)

I have tested it with DCG 3.48 (not 3.49, my fault), there you must have this file in the 3rd party campaign folder!
But Paul has changed it from one of the 3.49betas, so meanwhile it looks like its not necessary to have it!
Sorry! :-[

"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 31 queries.