Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Dornier Do 24  (Read 44589 times)

Scotty Rotten

Re: Dornier Do 24
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2016, 09:09:15 AM »

Can we test her out any time soon? :)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2016, 02:10:32 PM »

Oh look.... it´s a Do-Do Bird  ;D

Aaaah, the Hitman has entered the arena - this just gets better and better!!!  ;D
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2016, 02:58:20 AM »

Can we test her out any time soon? :)

It is up to Mike when it is released, patience is your friend. ;)

Different authors have various ideas about when they think something is ready, some want their work as close to the finished Il-2 standard as they can get, others release a model as WIP and add later or leave the community to further develop the aircraft.

My own thoughts of things I still want to do that are not necessarily shared by the team:

Replace the current guns with something more appropriate.

Align correctly the cockpit instruments, a very tedious undertaking.

Provide folders that allow a number of default skins (with the current default if you apply the Luftwaffe test skin and go to use the turrets the body still shows the original default and the only way I know to alter that is use a folder for each nation and add the skin1o into the manned cockpits to correct that)

The other guys probably have their own to do list but that is for them to comment on.  :D

The aircraft is certainly functioning well we think right now so none of the above is a impediment to a release, but we continue to refine things as best we can.

Oh look.... it´s a Do-Do Bird  ;D

Aaaah, the Hitman has entered the arena - this just gets better and better!!!  ;D

The Do-Do dissapeared, what happened to her, is she extinct already, one minute she was there the next gone. ::(

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2016, 05:39:18 AM »

I think your "To-do" list seems highly appropriate. I for one can wait until you guys thinks she is ready!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Zflyer48

• Modder
  • There is no failure in doing; only in not trying.
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2016, 07:56:40 AM »

I am far from a perfectionist, as my Fokker DXXIII will attest. But, this mod is just a little different to me. As Mission_bug and max_thehitman do their
thing, I am trying to fix the faults I find. Be patient. You will be more than pleastantly surprised.
Zflyer48

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2016, 08:35:50 AM »

We can wait, patiently, while you guys all perform your magic!!!  :)

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »

We have to remember these new kids weren´t around in Oöeg days when "two weeks for sure" was the standard answer to any question on the "when" topic! All of us from those days know what patience means! ;D
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2016, 02:18:29 PM »

Lunch. LOL :)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Ace

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »

Very Nice

magot

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »

I like this flying-boat but the tail have a bit wrong shape and was slim, its good present on this pict

I suggest import a professional hi-poly model of Do-24 (in 3dsmax) and use it as template of shape and check where are a small differences.
Do-24 have very advanced shape, its not easy to create it.
If you want help send me PM, I have some templates on hdd.

Details of cockpit can be see here:
http://www.dornier24.com/

jpten

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2016, 10:41:36 PM »

Have you shot it up yet?  Any info on how hard it was to kill?  Some flying boats with radials were difficult to engine kill but one short burst into the hull would doom a water landing.  Does it sink if strafed on the water?

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2016, 02:16:17 AM »

...  :P .... something smells fishy inside this cockpit

Max, did you drop something on the way back to the turret?  What have I told you about sneaking snacks out of the fridge and taking them into the front to eat all by yourself, you will get fat and get stuck in the turret. :D

Lunch. LOL :)

And tea and supper.

Mark hello, where have you been like forever, missed you loads, nice to have you back with us. 8)

still testing... still testing... 

Looking so sweet Max. 8)

Very Nice

Glad you like it. ;)

I like this flying-boat but the tail have a bit wrong shape and was slim

She sure is a unique individual magot I will give you that, I would not have liked to make her glad Mike did though.

Have you shot it up yet?  Any info on how hard it was to kill?  Some flying boats with radials were difficult to engine kill but one short burst into the hull would doom a water landing.  Does it sink if strafed on the water?

There are damage textures in the model that work but I have not actually tested it to death so to speak, I think it fair to say each of us has been more concerned for the moment with developing the model to what you see so far, we will do the sinking test at some time though I am sure. :D

I sent a update to the guys last night that I think finalises the slots:

There are now three separate aircraft:

Do_24K:  Dutch aircraft own slot, has a bombardier and three gunner stations, carries various bomb loads.  Default skin used for aircraft and turrets is Dutch.

Do_24N_1:  Unarmed version based on the first German aircraft intended for rescue work, subsequent aircraft were armed but this represents any unarmed or civil types used by various nations.  You can set three default skins: Dutch, German and Multi1 your proffered skin will show if you select the three available, already set up but you can replace with ones of your choice.

Do_24T: This represents the Luftwaffe version intended for SAR and recon, only armament is the three turrets, there is no bomb aimer cockpit or bombs available as was the case for the actual aircraft.  Default skin used for aircraft and turrets is German.

(Mike has also posted a few new meshes to us this morning that will add the engine cowl flaps to the newly added T version.)

If you currently wish to change the skins on the turret armed versions and they are different in colour from the defaults you will also need to add a skin1o from the cache folder to the cockpit folders so they all match, I do not as yet know if there is another way to do that.

Self Stationary Aircraft available for each:

Besides the current three slots I might later add France and Spain as they were also users of quite large fleets of this aircraft.

Take care guys.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.