Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New PBP-1 gun sight for early- to mid-war Russian fighters  (Read 5680 times)

WxTech

• Modder
Re: New PBP-1 gun sight for early- to mid-war Russian fighters
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2020, 02:41:40 PM »

GB,
I went over to Jero's long thread containing his 'pit rounding fixes. Lots of dead (as well as seemingly deleted??) links. Indeed that thread is an example of what can frustrate me in the modding community. One example: You want a mod; you see that you need to first get some other mod; you go there for that one, only to find that you need *yet another* mod. It's like chasing rats in a maze, what with all these disparate dependencies. Another: After a mod is released, the OP or other folk chime in with additional tweaks farther along in the thread, with virtually no description of what was done, or if it's a full update or requiring to have the original.

After a while, I have little idea of what's what anymore, and throw my hands up. I might just reinvent the wheel and do my own work.

That's why I tend to provide what might be termed excruciating detail in my mod threads, to obviate the kind of confusion that verbiage-lean, minimalist posts can too easily induce.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
Re: New PBP-1 gun sight for early- to mid-war Russian fighters
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 12:39:09 AM »

What you describe is the cross and delight of these communities, which someone has called "Creative Anarchy". You cannot have pure creativity without disorder, even if the latter ends up destroying the former.

Anyway, I can easily "distill" what you need to work on it, just let me know.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 26 queries.