Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 188   Go Down

Author Topic: VP Modpack  (Read 263979 times)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
Re: VP Modpack
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2016, 06:45:02 AM »

I created sfv files for all the 16 parts, it will help to identify problems:

http://ulozto.net/xhVQNmpB/vp-modpack-file-verification-7z

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2016, 06:54:26 AM »

Ok, thank you max_thehitman: i just try the 5 steps and you Conf.ini settings too.

I must re-dowload the VP Modpack: I just keep only the decompressed files and folders but I just delete the 16 .rar.
I used Winrar for decompressing the VP Modpack but I don't have any error messages.

But the old "mission" and "user" folders can goes in conflict with this mod pack?

The User folder is for keeping my settings (for joystick, keyboard mapping, ecc.. ecc..).
If in a Campaign in my mission folder the airplanes requested is not included, can give this problem? A 70% CTD?

My old IL-2 version have various mod planes, always with Modact 5.3 and I added various Modded Campaigns.

Recover your files if you just deleted them: http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/portable

Iirc a 70% crash is an ini looking for a missing file, so I think your install is incomplete.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2016, 06:55:51 AM »

Ok, thank you max_thehitman: i just try the 5 steps and you Conf.ini settings too.

I must re-dowload the VP Modpack: I just keep only the decompressed files and folders but I just delete the 16 .rar.
I used Winrar for decompressing the VP Modpack but I don't have any error messages.

But the old "mission" and "user" folders can goes in conflict with this mod pack?

The User folder is for keeping my settings (for joystick, keyboard mapping, ecc.. ecc..).
If in a Campaign in my mission folder the airplanes requested is not included, can give this problem?
A 70% CTD?

My old IL-2 version have various mod planes, always with Modact 5.3 and I added various Modded Campaigns.

If in a Campaign in my mission folder the airplanes requested is not included, can give this problem?
A 70% CTD?

Yes, this part can give you a 70% crash.

This may also happen if you  are missing some static-objects or there is an added line written wrong in any of the ini files.

See this....
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,22.0.html
-
The 70% crash troubleshooter

a Much rarer crash, but more tricky to pin down.
70% cdt indicates a conflict between one of your ini files (static.ini, technic.ini or chiefs.ini ) and actual new objects in your mod files
To fix it you need to find out which line in any of those .ini's points to a wrongly installed or missing object.
Best thing is to revet to backup and start over.

My suggestion would be to add one thing at a time - and ALWAYS test it first, before adding other new things
into your game. That way, you will know if a new airplane (or something new) you add to the game will give
you problems.

You can also check your Log-file after the game crashes. So you can check to see what is not loading correctly.
See if this helps = http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13457.0.html

and here in this post is also links to more info = http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42857.0.html

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mawer68-IT

« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2016, 07:39:13 AM »

I thinks that's the problem for my 70% CTD is just to copy my older Mission Folder..

Foolishly I just copy the old ones with all the modded Campaigns on my new Installations of IL-2

I try to delete my old modded Campaigns, eventualy I re-install the IL-1946 from the DVD again, plus the megapatch until to the VP modpack.

Thank you again for the support to Vp Media and Max !!

Mawer68-IT

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2016, 08:00:36 AM »

Ok Vpmedia, I just check my #SAS folder (with your patch just copy in IL-2) it's:

Dimensions: 22,8 GB (24.588.924.816 byte)
Dimensions on Disk: 23,2 GB (24.952.795.136 byte)
Contents: 120.000 file, 8.057 folders
Attibutes: Reading Only

It' correct?
Some missing files or folders?

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2016, 01:01:59 PM »

:(     :-[   
Dear VPmedia I feel a little stupid to put this reply but I assure you that after downloading your files in chronological order I tried to open the first but not open.. it is non an EXE file and remains inert ... I tried to place all of them in bulk in the main directory  but the game does not considers to them ... I tried to include them in SFS_AUTO folder but nothing happens and even in that jsgmemods ... coming from you it all seems easy but I do not understand .........

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2016, 01:27:37 PM »

Check reply #65. I think thats a pretty good info about what to use to extract, how to extract, how to check for incomplete downloads and finally a list about the files and folder which should be in your game folder after install.

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2016, 02:51:16 PM »

:)      ;)
Thanks, I found one of your more detailed explanation in Mission4today and I realized that the first  was a zipped file.. I try with some other unzip programs ... I use Winzip and this program could not recognize your first file as a compressed ..
Now everything is a regular party, and I'll tell you if I still have some doubts. Thanks for your response and for your Easter gift.

;D

lam

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2016, 06:30:18 PM »

Thank you for this pack!  :D

Unfortunately, I've downloaded the entire pack twice now from the mediafire links and both times, I get multiple errors on extraction. I'm using 7zip to extract the files as per vpmedia's post yesterday. All files show 716800KB and the 16th segment shows 2493KB. There are so many errors I hesitate to paste it here (that, and I'm not sure how to copy the errors from 7z to paste it)

I know that's not much to go by, but any suggestions for what else I might try? Have others downloaded form the mediafire links in the first post and were successful in extracting?

I'm really looking forward to it!

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2016, 11:37:58 PM »

I provided 3 mirrors for a 10Gb modpack and I also added sfv files (http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50919.msg556111.html#msg556111) so I'm not sure how much more I could help.
Switch mirrors if your files dont download properly.

deSAD

• aviaskins.com
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2016, 12:49:32 AM »

@vpmedia
A Question. And why some MODs disabled in your pack? :-[ For example, some cockpits, gunsights, etc.

P.S.
Once again thank you for your hard work :D

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2016, 02:08:36 AM »

;D   ;D    ;D ;D
OK .. I installed everything and started the game and everything works !! Surely many things are still added but the choice of Vpmedia has been excellent and can be easily customized. I had also tried the two download chance but then definitely has been more rapid Mediafire! Once you discovered the first file of dezip mechanism everything was done automatically in a folder specially created by me. Thank you ! You have revealed once again an outstanding resource for all of us!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 188   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 27 queries.