Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Infinite Spawning AI Mission for Multiplier  (Read 2840 times)

Captainyellow13

Infinite Spawning AI Mission for Multiplier
« on: February 18, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »

Hello, i've been searching for a long time now in vain. Back in the day a long long time ago there used to be multiplier matches that had airfields with AIs that would infinitely spawn in game inside a normal multiplier dogfight match and would fight alongside other players against other players and AIs.

I was wonder if there is a mod or mission that I can download for I do not personally want to make one if that is the requirement.

Silencer107

Re: Infinite Spawning AI Mission for Multiplier
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 09:45:13 PM »

I would also like to know if any missions like this exist. Does anyone have a link to something like this?

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »

what exactly is Multiplier, may i ask?   
or do you mean Multiplayer?
they are not the same thing.... :D

if so, the old 3rd party app for this was called QMT(Quick Mission Tuner), iirc.
Shift_E, the guy who made it, isn't around anymore, afaik, but maybe it still works with IL-2?
you might stil find it at a site like mission4today - try it and let us know if it works ;)

unless of course my memory is wrong, and it's the UQMG app, which is being worked on for modded IL-2 -
in this case, follow the progress here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,32769.msg350807.html#msg350807
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Silencer107

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 10:21:59 PM »

unless of course my memory is wrong, and it's the UQMG app, which is being worked on for modded IL-2 -
in this case, follow the progress here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,32769.msg350807.html#msg350807

Thanks for the help, but isn't it just another version of the quick mission builder that's in the game but for MP? Also I think he was looking for just specific dogfight missions that have multiple spawns and AI flying around.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 12:35:16 AM »

i'll be honest with you, i don't know if there is such a thing you mention in the game, but then again, my knowledge of the multiplayer aspect of the sim is dangerous, lol.....
maybe C&C mod is what you refer to? it has several randomiser objects, and possibly spawn too....
anyway, i'll keep quiet now and wait for someone more knowledgeable on the multiplayer aspect..... :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Silencer107

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 01:02:51 AM »

I can go on HyperLobby right now and join a server that has a dogfight mission with AI, multiple spawns, plenty of AI squadrons. What's being asked is that if there is some sort of AI spawning script or dynamic AI system that is used in these missions. Also if there is any missions like Yellow described initially online. Maybe it's just pure mission editing, I'm not sure but that's why I am asking. I'm not very knowledgeable with the editor but I do remember servers running dogfight missions with AI squadrons that had objectives and constantly spawned in. I will look at C&C though thanks again.

Captainyellow13

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 05:47:12 PM »

Anyone else have a link or a mod or a mission that has what i'm talking about?

Sharkzz

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 05:43:57 AM »

Long time I do see since last post in this here thread..
So's Ize 'll add me two bobs worth . if it's worth anything that is .. 8)
I also think Silencer is referring to what the - server- can do with it's fbd server map/mission interface,  etc.. missions can be tweeked , as I recall.
The only other option if I may suggest, to save Silencer time . grab some coops... open em up in fmb... add home bases and un-check player aircraft. re save as/into DF folder/s of your choice. go to mission/maps files just changed and copy/paste flights that are there and add some starting times manually to stagger the spawning times of the ai. I use the coops as these are multiplayer and closer resembles a DF map/mission. or if you don't like spawn stall game lag - I suggest , which I do, open the missions up again in FMB, find the flights you just copied, as these will be overlapping each other, and move the way points of the flights you wanted , to all around the map area, as these are pre done anyway it's just a matter of strrrrretching about the waypoint lines of flight directions... this way everything starts at the same time, but attacking planes/ships etc will arrive later as well as less chance of collisions too, and you don't get killed trying to land just as you get a mass spawn in of AI.... most annoying on final to a carrier landing  :o
Hope this makes sense and helps anyone in need of a heads up who is still an FMB apprentice  ;)
all the Best
Sharkzz

New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 27 queries.