Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C.U.P. "CAN DO!"  (Read 2012 times)

vlara

• Supporter
C.U.P. "CAN DO!"
« on: February 03, 2016, 05:15:36 AM »

Let this be a suggestion ... for future ...

File-lists on their own don't mean much even to me.
sorry Monty ... means a lot ...

Here's what I got with them File-lists ... this is my waw folder ...

all sorted,
all SFS have filelists,
quick access for searching files,
there is no duplication of contents,
lower size on disk

and all works well with last WAW70.SFS which waiting to sort ...

and most important of all ... With this way we all can become active part of community not just errors reporters

if i could do it ... then you CAN DO better as a team ...

if this is not a better for all of us il2 lovers ... then i have no more questions about that ...

for team C.U.P. ...

Greatting

vlara  :P

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: C.U.P. CAN DO
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »

My previous comments refer to spending hours making lists of code when it is the testing that is important.  This kind of organisation requires no lists, just a decompiler and drag and drop in the right order.

The main concern is the load order testing of this material and the selection of the proper parts. - For example, more current material is likely to be in later SFS files and should overwrite earlier material in that order.  Providing it all works with no issues then this looks to be greatly sorted out. 

Another factor to consider is the fact that there are 4 Flight Modules, all of which reference Module One, the maps.  These interact in such a way that all read from the same map directory but reference different vehicle sets.

The main benefits would be a small reduction in disc space and easier reference for the material.  It may also maginally improve load times and performance.  However, there is a lot of material to test.  When you change the load order of the 3do material this can potentially effect meshes and functions such as loadouts and bombsights.

With the new structure already handling the classfiles so well this SFS structure would appear to be very much easier to reference and update.  The core team at SAS discussed this very subject a number of times last year and recently too.

I would suggest, once we have Asheshouse and Benitomuso's new Ships.INI and content tested and installed, that we begin to re-organise along these lines.  We may also be able to improve compression and reduce the number of individual SFS files.

For CUP Flyers this would be WAW.II. - A simple set of downloads to replace current content in SFS_WAW...

Thank you again for some excellent looking work.   8)

vlara

• Supporter
Re: C.U.P. CAN DO
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 02:45:36 AM »

Thank you too ... especially for your effort(*) ...

vlara

(*) something done by exertion or hard work (to better understanding for anyone)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: C.U.P. "CAN DO!"
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 06:41:52 AM »

and thats the point where my old idea of structuring the sfs files along the lines of planesets for certain theatres, ships for those theatres, objects for the theatres etc would come in handy maybe...
as pointed out, the load order of the mods is very important in that regard, but I think as CUP works right now, it is very good already and we could build upon the experience gained here...maybe something like the basic mods in their own sfs files and any 3d fixes, updates, cockpit mods etc organized in sfs files that load at a later point...
that way we could get something like theatre content mini modules that may enhance performance and loadtimes and still be combined quite easily, using approriate ini files only...

well, the future is still exciting for this old lady :)

vlara

• Supporter
Re: C.U.P. "CAN DO!"
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 02:53:51 PM »

Griffon ... you're right!  :)

my engagement is simple ...

for all cup modules to be practical and approachable for use to everyone for the whole il2 funs ...

so i will take this opportunity for provide filelists:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/20bk82q5c9l3bsp/File-lists.rar

... kindly would ask you to use it (team-cup) or anyone, if that may be helpful

With that filelists i sorted waw and maps folder already ...
there is a only one difference for the sake of transparency fb_maps21.SFS goes to the root ...

and again thanks Monty and also Teams C.U.P. ...
especially for your efforts ... i know it is greater than all of us and bigger than alone C.U.P. ...

Greatting

vlara
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 28 queries.