Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Making CUP HSFX-compatible  (Read 2578 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Making CUP HSFX-compatible
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:42:16 AM »

I am person left out of the happy CUP-party, at least for now - my rig is too old, and a new one won't materialise as soon as I hoped. So for the moment I can only drool and dream. And use HSFX 7 to gain access to the wonderful world of modded 4.12.

As an avid campaign builder and FMB user I have of course noted the CUP campaigns isn't coming as fast and thick as one would wish. And I of course know from my own experience that converting a 4.10 campaign to 4.12 standards take time, at least if you want to do a REAL upgrade, with taxi-to-take off, formations, new objects, vehicles and aircraft etc. (Bergkamp has said in another thread that it took him three weeks to convert a single campaign, and it can mean a lot of work for sure.)

One way to get more campaigns to CUP without too much hassle would be to make CUP HSFX-compatible.

Because, if I understand this correctly from people that have converted my HSFX 4.12-campaigns (like "Fighter Boys"), the things that mis-match are a couple of missing objects and vehicles. With CUP obviously having it ALL there is in the modded Il-2 universe this surprises me a bit.

With all the CUP updating and polishing going on, wouldn't it be easy to add those things that can't be found in HSFX? The result would be a sudden influx of campaigns to the CUP family!  :)

Or am I missing something here, making such an operation impossible?
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Making CUP HSFX-compatible
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:14:04 AM »

whooa.... i'm sorry mate, but i really doubt this can happen without a huge rework of CUP...(and i mean HUGE)
maybe Simon will have a different answer, but that's the way i see it....
wish i had a nicer answer for you, but perhaps it's time to start saving up for a more modern rig?
you certainly don't nee a cutting-edge uber rig, even for CUP.....
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 02:40:27 AM »

well, actually I guess if a campaign is 4.12 compatible, it should be no problem to "adapt" it to certain mod packs; the difference in "compatibility" is the objects, aircraft, ships etc that are provided by the modpacks and that show up (or do not show up) in the game then...

CUP nowadays should handle most if not all campaigns, already designed for 4.12; the difference to DBW is the non-availability of certain objects, vehicles, ships etc that were native to DBW but have been included in CUP (as of yet);
these non available thingies can be easily erased out, substituted or replaced by stuff, available in CUP;

the hardest part is getting older campaigns upgraded to 4.12, including taxi to runway, new AI etc.....

just my two cents....

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 03:02:14 AM »

the hardest part is getting older campaigns upgraded to 4.12, including taxi to runway, new AI etc.....

Indeed: that part takes most of the time. My point being that if these missing objects were present in CUP, then campaigns converted to HSFX would automatically be CUP-compatible.

But if I understand it correctly: putting these missing thingies in CUP is simply too complicated?

And yes, I know, I do need a new rig. Working on it ;)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 03:18:01 AM »

well, not complicated, in fact I run modded CUP modules including some of the older stuff vehicle wise and ships wise with no apparent problems...
actually I think that HSFX stuff should work in CUP without major problems, I mean I can send you the ini files from CUP to check which objects and vehicles, ships etc are in and which are missing...might be the easiest way for you to see what would be needed :)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 12:59:34 PM »

Ok. Thanks! Send them over by email, and I will have a look.  :)

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 01:09:09 PM »

Also, it's not always that the objects aren't included in CUP (4.12), many times they are, but sometimes under a different name than they used to be.  So, it's not as simple as just adding a missing object, the whole naming structure is different.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 01:23:56 PM »

For some stuff yes...other things are not included as if yet...nevertheless it is quite easy to replace missing objects..its harder to upgrade 4.10 designed stuff to 4.12 to bring in the great new features from 4.12

wolfiz

• IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Modders and News
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 06:54:05 PM »

Never say never bro: This conversion was fairly easy, and is still my fastest install besides modact.

Unfortunately I am just straight home out of hospital after 2 weeks, so it may be a few days+ before I can elaborate on the steps needed. but it is really not that difficult..~WC

David Prosser

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 10:04:48 PM »

It's not as hard as you think. The post below looks encouraging too.

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 05:44:48 AM »

As an interim fix it would only need a mod patch placed in #WaW to sort out most stuff.
This could then be incorporated into the core CUP sfs files after Monty has reviewed it.

All that is needed to progress this is a list of the missing objects.

David Prosser

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 07:44:08 AM »

So, it's a tad easier than JFK proposing a moonshot in 1961, when parts of the necessary technology hadn't been invented yet?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 24 queries.