Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: OS2U Kingfisher Skin Request  (Read 11226 times)

just champi

• Modder
Re: OS2U Kingfisher Skin Request
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 02:59:22 AM »

Hi Malone, I hope these could help,

wing root and wing top:

wing root at bottom and bottom details:

cheers!

Captain Dawson

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 02:31:08 PM »

Okay, I was able to get a few pictures this morning.

The backseater's name is different than what I told you before, but would still like one with ELDON MEANS still on it.

you can barely see the remnants of the Baby Pegasus logo...

This was the best I could get of the tops of the wings due to the fact that the Kingfisher is much taller than me!
Very similar to what Champi just sent. Only distinguishing figures are the star with bars on the left side only, and the black walking strips next to the cockpits running down the chord of the wing. The reddish stuff is rust. You don't have to put that on the skin.  ;D

"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 02:49:49 PM »

Thanks for the photos Captain. Those look great.

This IL2-1946+Mods airplane is in need of a new skin-template to make the details
pop-out more on the 3d-model.
The paint job will look great. Any skinner will sure have a great time painting a skin for this one.
I personally like the little rusted areas around the starboard side wing.

Go for it Malone  8)
Sorry, I cannot take on another airplane project at this time. Only after the end of March.
I already have 4 in my hanger at the moment.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 10:12:49 PM »

those pics are great, thanks guys - i can now proceed at 'full steam ahead' :D
i did a rough knock-up yesterday, which is looking decent, but as always, it's the last bit of detailing that takes most time, and as i don't find a template for this bird, i'm trying to build one for it at the same time...
i am having a little difficulty with the floats - it seems as if they aren't mapped properly on the skin? - i'll probably need to do some 'panelfinder' work to get it right, but no worries.
watch this space.... ;)

ps: Cap Dawson, Eldon Means' name - would it be the full name, or just E.MEANS, would you say?
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

mexchiwa

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 10:35:17 AM »

My skinpack includes a template (see Max's post). It's not the greatest, but may be useful as a starting point. I think th floats are modeled differently depending on whether you have the catapult mod

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 10:58:58 AM »

mexchiwa, thanks, i'm grabbing your pack now - anything will help when starting from scratch ;)
i so have the catapult mod, so how do i know which skins would be right, as far as the floats go...?

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 02:22:38 PM »

mexchiwa, thanks, i'm grabbing your pack now - anything will help when starting from scratch ;)
i so have the catapult mod, so how do i know which skins would be right, as far as the floats go...?

You mean, there are two diferent model versions of this airplane?  o_O
Which one is best ?
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

mexchiwa

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 09:28:57 AM »

The floats are different depending on whether you have ten010's catapult mod (so the Kingfisher can operate from battleships). My skins should work with the float mod

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 09:51:41 AM »

My skins should work with the float mod

i assume you mean the catapult mod?  ;)

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 09:59:41 AM »

I think it's about this mod (patch) :

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,36444.0.html

To have a Kingfisher working on catapults in CUP, I had to add this mod (mixed with the last 4.09 version of the FM to have it working. I don't know which one is used in CUP).

Captain Dawson

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 01:35:11 PM »

Malone, I don't believe there is any photograph of the Kingfisher with Means' name, but I would assume his name is written E. Means, considering that's how Oliver's name is. I still don't know his rank, so you can just leave it off I guess. The names are so small in comparison to the size of the plane, I would guess they would be almost too small to read on a skin anyways...

I forgot about the weirdness with skins and the catapult, unfortunately I cannot help you there, as I havn't even got the catapult to work myself...    If someone knows how to get the catapult to not launch me into the battleship's rear turret, that would really help!!!
"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

Captain Dawson

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 01:36:20 PM »

If you'd like to put the rust on, that would add a touch more detail. It's fine by me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 26 queries.