Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: JSGME RESTORE POINT-CUP  (Read 20881 times)

EHood

• Supporter
Re: JSGME RESTORE POINT-CUP
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 12:34:19 PM »

Two questions:

1. Should we now be installing the the JSGME restore point download available in Monty's post (#8 above) rather than from the introductory post?

2. When I installed the CUP JSGME restore point from the download in the introductory post, when unzipped, the mods were directed to the main IL-2 folder, not the jsgmemods folder. Hence, the mods couldn't be activated through the jsgme.exe. (The WAW Part 18 JSGME restore point mods went, I think correctly, to the jsgmemods folder.) I then moved the mods to the jsgmemods folder and everything worked correctly. Was this correct?

Thanks for all the good work.

1. YES, but I believe the original link has been updated to this file now...
2. YES

;D

Downloaded Restore Point-CUP about two hours ago, and I had exactly the same problem as btasm:

I solved the problem the same way btasm did, by extracting to the jsgme folder instead of the main directory. In a word, unless the readme or download has been corrected within the past couple of hours, the new #CUP items are still loose in the zip file. So to speak.

;)
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 01:35:17 PM »

:D hehe please dont get me wrong, but your findings and resulting actions are the best proof that reading and thinking (and knowing how some things work in moding) still yields way better results than just screaming for help like some other guys :D :D :D

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 02:04:26 PM »

@ Markino....

X CUP sound see reply 13....

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 02:41:00 PM »

:D hehe please dont get me wrong, but your findings and resulting actions are the best proof that reading and thinking (and knowing how some things work in moding) still yields way better results than just screaming for help like some other guys :D :D :D

Thank you, Griffon. Just so. A few months ago I would have been in the newcomers area, wailing: WTF?  After six months in CUP and SAS (and nearly 11 years in Il-2), I still have no idea of exactly how these things work. Over time, though, one does gain some idea of where and how certain things ought to be, and it's always good to see that not only has another SAS member had exactly the same problem, they dealt with it in the same way, even if the solution only resulted from a bit of educated guesswork. Of course it's even better to learn, from more experienced heads, that the guess was accurate.

Oh, and once again, many thanks, Monty. CUP just gets better and better....  ;D ;D ;D ;D
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 02:47:28 PM »

Hi Simon, congratulations and many thanks for this amazing work!!

As said by Wisky_Sierra-972 what about
  • Blender waves type A and C
  • Water=4 by carsmaster
  • True Colors HD by Carsmaster
  • CUP-disablecupsounds

They will be added in next jsgme restore point update?

Ciao!

Marco

Blender waves type A and C - Jury is out on this one - not needed - add if you want it
Water=4 by carsmaster - Jury is out on this one - not needed - add if you want it
True Colors HD by Carsmaster - Already included as standard in all modules - not needed
CUP-disablecupsounds - Not needed use new soundsets - #WAW Soundset-02 and #JTW Soundset-01

Soon every module will have a soundset to activate and other choices, except for Dawn of Flight, that's perfect!

Two questions:

...I solved the problem the same way btasm did, by extracting to the jsgme folder instead of the main directory. In a word, unless the readme or download has been corrected within the past couple of hours, the new #CUP items are still loose in the zip file. So to speak....

Oh bollocks - because I changed the set and re-uploaded it - FOLDER DEPTH!

Never mind, the new link has it all right and it was good practice to throw you guys a curve ball now and again!  8)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 05:12:57 PM »

Thanks for your reply Monty!

ol' Navy

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 07:22:06 PM »

I had the same issue as btasm did, unzipping and the mods didn't go into jsgme folder as I had hoped.  I then copied them into jsgme from the zipped file and all seems to be working (I hope).  Really the only worry I had was whether having them in two different places would matter (jsgme and main game folder), but I have since deleted them from my IL2 folder and now they are only in one place.  Just thought I'd add my experiences.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 07:51:37 PM »

Sorry Monty , any thought about post 20 and 22?

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 09:59:38 PM »

Never mind, the new link has it all right and it was good practice to throw you guys a curve ball now and again!  8)

:) As incredibly busy as you and your collaborators are, it's a wonder that such things don't happen more often. Come to think of it, mirabile dictu, out of all of the dozens of MME, DOF, TGA, WAW, and JTW folders I've installed so far, that's the one and only time I've encountered such a flaw. 

I owe you.  :)
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 10:49:00 PM »

Thanks a lot!

I've just found a weird little problem ... but I don't know if I'm the only one.

#CUP_00-PALsVisualMOD9-v4122 by SAS~Benitomuso

I get the bottom left-hand-side windows with the speed, alt and heading but I do NOT get the bottom right-hand-side window and the text appears as in the traditional way:in the middle on the right side.  o_O

IsnĀ“t that strange?

There are many versions of VisualMOD9 knocking about.  The one I provided is the most stable across hundreds of hours of testing.  The right hand window is awful in other versions.  In the version I have the text for 'gear down', 'flaps up' etc, disappears in a few seconds.  The right side is generally clear.

The previous version you mention shipped with TGA Part-04.  However, the right hand window frame remains even when there is no text.  It can't be toggled off like the other windows.  It stays there, marring the view, all the time, spoiling screenshots, getting in the way, I hate it.

VisualMOD9 is essential for the features it adds to the moving map and the bombsight - Pablo's bomb-sight Mod is way better than TD's IMHO.  But you also need to be able to toggle all windows off when they are not in use.  The version included here does just that.

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2016, 02:55:07 AM »

Thanks Monty. I see your point now and that it was intentional to have it so. In that case what about having that info moving to the bottom instead of having that in the middle? Is is that possible to do?  :)
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

bergkamp

• If you can't find it here, it doesn't exist
  • Modder
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2016, 06:13:49 AM »

...Prior to the restore point, there was a JSGME option to "DISABLE CUP SOUNDS". This option had to be enabled to run some piston engine aircraft such as the late P51, F51 series.

Here's what you need bergkamp...

CUP Module 04 #JTW SOUNDSET-01
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50088.0.html

Thanks, Monty.

All good now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 30 queries.