Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cliff of Dover  (Read 2948 times)

darky1958

• Ne discere cessa.....
Cliff of Dover
« on: January 11, 2016, 02:52:28 PM »

Hallo mates...
Really.. I don´t understand it...
The game cod is better than Il2 sturmovik ( Fly Physic and Graphic ). And Il2 bos the best in Fly Simulator I have ever seen...
Why do the mates are so conservative and make no mods for the better games....

Regards

Darky

LuseKofte

Re: Cliff of Dover
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:15:34 PM »

Well let me see, you know about the ongoing battle to crack every patch TD does for IL 2. TD say it is their responsibility to improve IL 2 and no one else.
The modding community here, feel that Team Fusion does the same in COD. And well they had enough of that.
It is not the same, but still the same. Modders are a kind of hackers, and monopoly is not their game. They crack monopoly as a hobby.
BOS say they are all for MOD´s but not for anything they take payments for. So the closest one was the man making maps, they are now a part of the game and he is one of the developers.
Do not get me wrong, TF have done wonders with COD, it is their job that have made COD playable. So I am not negative myself

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 07:40:29 PM »

Darky;
COD is a great game but I would argue that "better" is a subjective term.  Team Fusion has made COD substantially better and IMHO saved COD from the scrap heap.
I have COD and love it but I only play it once in a while due to the fact that IL2 (modded) provides so much more and spans pretty much all theatres of the Second World War (and Korea, Vietnam etc).
COD and BOS may be 'beautiful' but the modded IL2 brings so much more to the table IMHO and more versatility.  There's definitely a trade-off with playability versus graphics but c'est la vie with an older game.  I believe there's still people out there playing European Air War and that's even older, LOL.

As LuseKofte says, there are no mods for the supposedly "better" games for numerous reasons, some of which he's mentioned.  I'm sure if COD and (eventually) BOS were 'unlocked' and opened to the general modding community you would see a ton of mods/improvements but I don't think that will happen.

Rambouk

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 11:01:25 AM »

COD looks good and plays better than BOS which I wish I never bought.  Il2 sturmovik 1946 I still rather play as these guys bring it to life and a hell of a lot more to fly. 

LuseKofte

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 11:51:53 AM »

I love BOS and COD, online on non gps servers it give great pleasure flying those heavy Russian attack planes. Love it. COD I use strictly for squadron flying. IL 2 I cannot bring myself to delete the game. But I simply do not fly it anymore. I try to join the clowns at sundays, but seldom manage to do so

Mcoady

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 02:35:38 PM »

I bought CLOD last year and it wouldn't run on my old system...and then I stumbled across SAS and CUP. I've been CUP obsessed ever since! I upgraded my system (because that is what always ends up happening) and CUP runs "super great" I couldn't be happier!...until I installed and patched CLOD. Holy crap!!!! Being in a CLOD Spit cockpit is awesome. I'm not really crazy about the looks of the landscape, it looks a little weird to me, but maybe I'm just used to CUP. Now I wish I never tried CLOD....I can't decide which one of these lovelies to spend time with. To make matters worse I am really only interested in the ETO. I have been working on a day to day semi-historic BOB campaign over the last few months  and I wonder if I should just switch to CLOD, but the mission campagn/builder just doesn't seem as good... :-[

ChiefRedCloud

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 08:24:22 AM »

CloD, BoS, DCS, or old IL-2, it's all like a good cup of tea. It all depends on your tastes. I'm using TAP Talk so I do not know the dates of these posts and I haven't been in here in a long while. But the CloD aircraft are much more detailed in their make up than either the old IL-2 or BOS. Not counting any FM discussions or changes made by TF.

And if memory serves me correctly 1CGS just payed out a NO modding policy while trying to fight some alleged cheating issues within BoS. So at this time 1 CGS are not supporting any modding. They might consider any mods to be incorporated into future issues of their game but not so much private mods.

The biggest modding community I've ever seen was right here in old IL-2 and SAS. But many of us were so much novices that we wouldn't recognize an FM from nothing. Why? Simple because we were having too much fun. If the Mig & Saber had the same FM we just didn't care because for the short time online, we were combat pilots. Something that many of us have only dreamed of.

I spent 20 years in the USAF guarding aircraft from A to Z. I am more than qualified in ground combat but I always wanted to be a pilot. Well, here in these flight sims (and I own them all) I am a combat pilot. Maybe not a good one like LuseKofte, but still one.   

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LuseKofte

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 11:55:24 AM »

Thx Chief
However I am a bad combat pilot, I desperately train myself in the IL 2 before Friday night bomber flight start again. With my new stick I crash on the ground 90 % of the time.
I spend most time with DCS helicopters offline. It give me something to learn every day. The only thing I ever been good at is hitting target level bombing from 3 to 5 k
I tried a PE 2 run just 1 hour again after several month away from BOS, I hit artillery from 4,5 K and ended that map together with another low level bomber.
I find great pleasure navigating and find small targets like that so high up. It brings a great feeling of accomplishment.
I still live for a online campaign 3 years ago when we had only a few ships left to destroy, all enemy was on deck guarding the ships, and there I was in my Heinkel at 5 K sinking one of their ship, they screamed in chat about invisible plane, hack and cheat :D Glory days, and a good feeling of being an ace, my day in the sun that was

ChiefRedCloud

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 10:51:47 AM »

Indeed most won't put out the effort to learn how to do high altitude bombing. But it has its rewards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sixstrings

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 08:47:44 PM »

Lost my original copy of Il-2 CLoD and now thinking to get it again if the improvements are as good as they say. Where can i get the updates and would like the Luftwaffe aircraft to have correct markings too ? Love all things about the Battle of Britain and have BoB II WOV , have 2 separate installs of CFS3-BoB and ETO expansion covers it also. Another would be great. Not interested in online playing so how does quick combat or missions perform ? How good is the ai in Il-2 CLoD ? Also enjoy several installs of Il-2 '46. So many,so little time for them all. Besides guitar combat flight sims is in my blood. Just started to get into WWI but WWII-(Battle of Britain) still is my main interest. Thanks for any help.... Regards,Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.