Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS-Modular Map Expansion - PART 13  (Read 21218 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: SAS-Modular Map Expansion - PART 13
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2016, 04:54:58 PM »

...but the startup screens and menu backgrounds you did for TFM were way better than the new ones IMHO :D...

Hi Phil

hmmm, it is perhaps time for new screens, and total themes, like your Pacific are good too.  As you know the screens now live in .../STD/GUI... so there is no obstacle to adding some new themed options through JSGME.  It would be nice to select a totally different theme and background set. 

I accept your challenge! - wanna do some more too?

Simon

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 05:06:19 PM »

hehe nyali - thats why smart people (after a suggestion by BravoFxTrt - still one of the best greatest guys I have ever met here) did not use JSGME but the direct install method; still my preferred way of doing it; one only has to make sure to always back up any files he is going to change when adding stuff :D

Simon, if I would be only halfway competent in creating backgrounds, I would love to do some as well;
oh but the set you did for TFM was magnificent - that F6F Hellcat touching down on a carrier during sunset is still my loading screen for my old warhorse DBW/newTFM install;
and that Spit rolling in behind the FW-190 is the game background...looks much better than the TBolt and Spit in Hangar...
combined with new Fonts looking like old typewriters for the menus thats really immersive :)

oh and before I forget, I also use your old menu music set for newTFM in CUP, way better than that marching music crap that comes with IL2 stock :D
maybe its time for a rerelease? or a new menu music set using stuff from Two Steps from Hell maybe?

VonWaffen

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 05:13:08 PM »

Beautiful ...  I take them all  :)
The enemy is stupid. Believing it's us the enemy,when it's him

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2016, 05:31:21 PM »

...I also use your old menu music set for newTFM in CUP, way better than that marching music crap that comes with IL2 stock :D
maybe its time for a rerelease? or a new menu music set using stuff from Two Steps from Hell maybe?...

Oh yeah!  I though that marching bollocks was long gone!  OK Phil, its time we opened up a new JSGME Options thread, starting with those very suggestions for sound and vision!

BravoFxTrt hasn't been so active here recently, real life issues have kept him busy AFAIK.  It was Bravo who sourced so many of those great screens for TFM.  I spoke with him on Skype many times over the years, last was about 6 months ago.   We need to give him a prod and get him back here more often.  Its not like there isn't a lot going on at SAS!

...may I ask if they had troubles after adding the Mines and Torpedoes mod? because that was what I wanted to try tomorrow to see if I can get the TB-3s fixed with messing around with said mod...

Yes indeed Phil. With the modular nature of CUP it is very easy to go back a stage or two.  In this case I used the mod folder #WAW from Part-14, before the torps were added, and the TB-3s tested fine.  It was then a fairly simple matter to go back to WAW Part-17/18 but remove the Torp mod classfiles and testload each one, in small groups, until the failure could be replicated. 

Pretty soon I had it down to just one offending classfile and the solution. - Did it in less than two cold beers!

In updating the manual later I wish to underline this robustness and safe backup inherent in CUP.  People have previously mentioned a 're-install' when this is NEVER necessary.  Its so easy to step back and forth to any stage because the SFS format is only referenced by the mod folders and the mod folders contain all the classfiles.

Anyone can step from one Restore Point to another, back and forth, simply by using the complete #WAW mod folders (or #DOF/#TGA/#JTW) at each Restore Point.  You never need to touch the SFS files once you have them.  Occassionally they are updated but are always backwards and forwards compatible.

Of course Module One - The crucial maps, has no mod folder but contributes to all of the others.  So its best practice to always keep Module One up to date before doing anything else in CUP.  In future I will also post a reminder to this effect at the top of each subsequent CUP upgrade. ie: are you up to date as far as SAS MME Part-13?

With CUP whatever gets fixed stays fixed!

HotelAlpha

• F.A.C #7
  • Modder
  • Tactical dominance is key
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 07:38:57 PM »

Monty,

Your words are amazing;
Thanks and good wishes are appreciated and I would like to add that CUP and the astonishing database we enjoy could not exist without SAS.  Not just the technical aspects of running such a huge site, but the assistance, co-operation, openess and 'can-do' attitude that comes from SAS Admin and percolates down through the entire site.

I could not do anything like this anywhere else - I wouldn't be allowed to exist - CUP is an excellent example of cross-co-operation.

SAS has created this environment, right from the days when SAS~Cirx founded this place.  They are open and honest and do their thing - Il2 first - and don't give a hoot what the rest of the world thinks.  It was a breath of fresh air when I first stumbled in some years ago and it is still the same today.

So my thanks to the Modders that make this place so special and the Admins that make it all work, somehow, and make it all feel special too.  8)

It is for that reason that I love the Il-2 game and community (the community is the best part).... I have been here for nearly 4 years and I have loved every moment here on SAS. It is amazing that we are still pumping life into this "old" game that can safely claim a spot as the best all-around flight simulator. In what other game can you fly F-16's alongside Fokker D VII?  ;)

This mod site is simply much more than a mod site; it is in a category of its own: SAS!
And also,
Remember the old days when TFM was actually made in JSGME and took 30 minutes or longer per package?  We have come a looooong way!  8)
I remember that too, it was a PITA but at least we are long gone from those days!
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics" -Sydney Camm

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2016, 09:11:33 PM »

Papua New Guinea and Bougainville
This brilliant wide ranging map comes in two flavours now, 1942 and 1943.

I still didn't get the second link right.  It didn't refresh properly so I have slightly changed the filename and it is definitely OK now!

C.U.P. Module 01 SAS-MME Pt-13D-PNG
https://www.mediafire.com/?t9yauh5e5taqylu

...I may have changed the link once or twice, but I think we got away with it...

urmel

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 03:31:25 AM »

Thanks  guy's

Peter Lynn

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2016, 06:40:40 AM »

Thank you for these maps and the other stuff. You folks are amazing!

Peter Lynn

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2016, 06:41:01 AM »

Simon, in latest MME Pt-13D-PNG I found 4 static.ini's.
3 (DOF,TGA,JTW) of them seems - apart from the "Cavalry" lines in DOF - to be the same ,
but WAWs static.ini differs and does not have this lines in "Title CanonBitumenEarthGroundPlate" section
(checked with WinMerge):

Code: [Select]
[buildings.Plate$PCPTaxiLong]
Title           Taxi
Mesh            3do/airfield/PCP/TaxiLong/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$Pac_GrHardstandMedium]
Title           Hardstand
Mesh            3do/airfield/Pac_Gr/HardstandMedium/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$DesertGroundRunwayLong]
Title           Runway
Mesh            3do/airfield/Desert/RunwayLong/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$PCPParkingLarge]
Title           Parking
Mesh            3do/airfield/PCP/ParkingLarge/mono.sim

what is the reason for this?  ;)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

'MadDog'

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2016, 08:26:08 AM »

One thing I noticed after the installation of MME Part 13 is that the CUP-Channel Red Scramble mission takes off from what I guess is Hawkinge with the base plates/textures seriously affected. Does anyone else notice this? Prior to this new MME pack the mission worked flawlessly and I often use it for testing of effects etc as a standard testbed. The only thing I changed was the new MME pack.

EDIT: This abberation still occurs after MME Part 14. The ground plates have been erased or interfered with somehow.

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2016, 08:40:59 AM »

One thing I noticed after the installation of MME Part 13 is that the CUP-Channel Red Scramble mission takes off from what I guess is Hawkinge with the base plates/textures seriously affected. Does anyone else notice this? Prior to this new MME pack the mission worked flawlessly and I often use it for testing of effects etc as a standard testbed. The only thing I changed was the new MME pack.

Yes, I have the same problem...

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2016, 09:57:46 AM »

Once again, many thanks to the CUP crew. And thanks, whoever wrote the readme in question, for the re-clarification regarding the use and, when appropriate, non-use of MissionProCombo.

;D ;D ;D ;D
A ya tsi-tsalagi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 29 queries.