Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Morane Saulnier G/H/L/LA  (Read 50180 times)

leperemagloire

• Modder
Re: Morane Saulnier G/H/L/LA
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 06:18:23 AM »

SkniL :

If it does not take into account the .him he opened well .mesh; here can help. ;)
I noticed that it does not accept //, overly large spaces between paragraphs (1 line is enough) or TGA formats not recognized this app.
It would be nice if the author of this app could tell what tga formats accepted.
 ;)

"The model does not show in my SkinL programme"

after test : no problem for me with the 7 models

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »

SkniL :

If it does not take into account the .him he opened well .mesh; here can help. ;)
I noticed that it does not accept //, overly large spaces between paragraphs (1 line is enough) or TGA formats not recognized this app.
It would be nice if the author of this app could tell what tga formats accepted.
 ;)

"The model does not show in my SkinL programme"

after test : no problem for me with the 7 models

Hello leperemagloire, thank you very much for the information greatly appreciated. 8)

The existing models available in the download are fine for me also, I was refering to another folder I have that contains parts for the Pfalz A1. ;)

I use the programme for placement of parts so it is essential in any project but some things show others not. :(

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 03:04:43 PM »

Will there be a template released so that we can paint and fly unmarked examples as civilian aircraft or early no-roundel scouts?? Beautiful work so far!
but this is not enough?
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,49181.0.html

I didnt see those.  ;D Thank you these will be perfect!!
cogito, ergo sum armatus

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2015, 04:44:30 AM »

Hello guys, I have now got a renamed L in the game as the Pfalz A.I.

This is the one that would not show previously in my SkinL programme, seems it was a texture issue.

From new information kindly provided by Gio it seems the version armed with a synchronised gun as on the E.I
is the Pfalz.II or as it was named later Pfalz E.III.  Looking at the images I now have it could actually be the two
seater but armed with the gun rather than a single seater.

Maybe I will do one of each just to be sure. :D

Take care guys.

David Prosser

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2015, 05:22:07 AM »

Thanks, I'll see if I can find some pics of Morane Ls carrying bombs.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2015, 07:29:52 AM »

Thanks, I'll see if I can find some pics of Morane Ls carrying bombs.

Thank you David, that would help considerably. ;)

Pfalz II:

David Prosser

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2015, 08:51:12 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2394716/WWI-Fighter-pilot-Reginald-Warneford-ignored-Victoria-Cross-commemoration.html

The above is a link to Rex Warneford who downed a Zeppelin. Originally it was a night raid. They were going after Zeppelin sheds. Each pilot had a revolver, and six 20 pound bombs.

cheers

David

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2015, 10:28:38 AM »

The above is a link to Rex Warneford who downed a Zeppelin. Originally it was a night raid. They were going after Zeppelin sheds. Each pilot had a revolver, and six 20 pound bombs.

.............and balls of STEEL  8)

From http://www.victoriacross.org.uk/bbwarnef.htm......

"I left Furnes at 1:00 am on 7th June 1915 on Morane No. 3253 under orders to look for Zeppelins and attack the Berchem St Agathe Airship Shed with six 20 lb bombs.
On arriving at Dixmude at 1:15 am, I observed a Zeppelin apparently over Ostend and proceeded in chase of the same. I arrived at close quarters a few miles past Bruges at 1:50 am and the Airship opened heavy maxim fire, so I retreated to gain height and the Airship turned and followed me.

At 2:15 am it stopped firing and 2:25 am I came behind, but well above the Zeppelin; height then 11,000 feet, and switched off my engine to descend on top of him. When close above him at 7,000 feet altitude I dropped my bombs, and, whilst releasing the last, there was an explosion which lifted my machine and turned it over. The aeroplane was out of control for a short period, went into a nose dive, but control was regained. I then saw the Zeppelin was on the ground in flames.

The joint on my petrol pipe and pump from the back tank was broken and at about 2:40 am I was forced to land in enemy territory to repair my pump. I made preparations to set the machine on fire, but was not observed, so was able to effect a repair of the aircraft and after considerable difficulty in starting my engine single handed, was able to take off and head in a South Westerly direction.

I tried several times to find my whereabouts but was unable to do so, so I eventually landed and discovered I was at Cape Gris Nez, where I was given petrol by French soldiers. When the weather cleared I was able to proceed and arrived back at my Aerodrome about 10:30 am. "

This is a man who's bombing a Zeppelin...... at night..... in a Morane    o_O :o o_O

Absolute HERO

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 10:55:36 AM »

Impressive account! Those Pfalz machines look wonderful!
cogito, ergo sum armatus

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2015, 01:23:25 PM »

Hello guys, yes a very impressive feat indeed and the tragedy is that he will not be added to a monument devoted to such men of courage and given the rightful recognition he surely deserves because he was not actually born here, so sad.  :(

How long did it take our nation to honour the sacrifice of the bomber crews in WWII, 70 years or so.  >:(

The bomb load out for this aircraft is progressing slowly but surely, a very tedious process aligning everything:

Unfortunately, exactly how the rack is attached to the aircraft is hard to determine.

This image kindly provided by Gio and that which David posted are the best indication I have:

It would seem the rack is attached to the rear strut but exactly how or where the parts are held is unclear.

I utilised two of Dreamk's Cooper bomb racks aligned side by side to get the holders for six bombs.

The racks are not actually touching the struts so I will have to find a piece of 3d to extend to the strut so it looks as
though the rack is supported.

Take care guys.

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2015, 03:58:26 PM »

Imagine as the pilot notes: An EXPLOSION that turned the Morane UPSIDE DOWN!!!.... Its a small miracle that the machine wasn't smashed by the concussion. Then he made a landing in the dark as well, and managed to effect crude repairs, also presumably in the dark, since he was clearly attempting to avoid capture.... and to takeoff again! A brave and resourceful kind of fellow!
cogito, ergo sum armatus
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 27 queries.