Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stukas crashing in dcg campaigns  (Read 2604 times)

andydd

Re: Stukas crashing in dcg campaigns
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 06:07:59 AM »

But why the problem is only with some planes and not all? I have it with stukas and also with ju 88. Heinkels fly well but they have a different formation by default. Some russian also fly well without colliding in formation. How could we change the formation that plane uses by default on dcg?

sniperton

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »

As said, it's not purely a DCG problem. It has something to do with the game's formation AI, which seems to be quite suicidal under some conditions.

Fact is that 3-plane formations are much less prone to collide than 4-plane formations.

Fact is that we're running a modded game, so we can never know whether it's an old bug or the result of some conflicting codes introduced with some new (modded) planes.

(I've been using DCG quite extensively with unmodded 4.11 and 4.12, and I don't remember that I've ever lost any AI plane due to midair collisions en route. Takeoff and landing is another issue, as well as crashing and colliding due to air attacks or flak activity.)

So far as I know, there's no way to change the formation in DCG. You can only do it by manually editing the generated mission file.

Lonestar67

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 06:31:13 PM »

And what have you done differently? If you could point out that, it would be an important step towards a solution.

Its two years ago, have tested it for the "second front" campaign . . .
So far i know the problem was, that all flights were connected to the lead flight. So when the leader of the first flight was shoot down, the leader of the second flight tried to fill his place . . .
When "massed bombers" is checked and the formation starts in the air, i have removed before mission start all target points in the .mis file! Was the quickest solution so far, but worked not always . . .
DCG And Third Party Campaign Installation Manual: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=20872.0
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.